It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Posting Faux Pas That Make Me Twitch And Stuff...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Double post!!!!! My first one!!! I'm not a virgin any more!!!!
edit on 8-10-2012 by NightFlight because: Double post!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

"This was explained to you in another thread. Why are you bringing it up again?"

First, because I want to!

Second, how can people know the threads I've replied to when *** I *** can't remember what I wrote an hour ago??? Are they following me?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh my. I loved this thread. I have been away for a while and came back to see what everyone was talking about and found this.

Spot on.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

LMAO!! Great post Heff... i got a good chuckle out of that S&F

2nd...

er wait

Ahhh... damnit i just joined the brigade
edit on 8-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

grey boobs with eyes...right

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla used HAARP energies in the Large Hadron Collider to produce and distribute brain controlling, genetically targeted, poisonous quantum gumballs.

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

(redundant "next line" clause).

edit on 8/10/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
Nikola Tesla used HAARP energies in the Large Hadron Collider to produce and distribute brain controlling, genetically targeted, poisonous quantum gumballs.

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

Nikola Tesla wasn't around to see the Large Hadron Collider...

I know what you were trying for though.

Nice Thread Heff.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

Nice Thread Heff.

Well, I can see you've eaten a gumball...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

Nice Thread Heff.

Prove it. Are you watching me ?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I like spelling Nazis.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

Nice Thread Heff.

Prove it. Are you watching me ?

Like a hawk!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
I like spelling Nazis.

What about other words, are they as much fun?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Good read, Heff.

I find it amusing when someone posts a "spiritual" thread and starts lapsing into butchered Olde English.

Example: O thou scary bunny. The carrot thou dost seekest is not The True Path to vegetarian enlightenment. Repent thy furry ways and lay hold of the rutabaga of Wisdom with thy bunny teeth lest thy fur be made into a set of celestial ear muffs.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My occassional drunken trolling really annoys me and my heavy use of these

Sometimes I need a slap!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Oh and of course

HAARP did it....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow that was pretty good. Can I add to the twitch factor? People that have no clue that when they have flagged and starred a post, they have essentially praised the OP. But no, that's not good enough. They have to then reply to the post without adding any additional insight. Goes something like this:

The "I've praised you, but just in case" :

"Great Post! Starred and Flagged". Sometimes these people really go the extra mile and add a "thumbs up" or two.

Nothing like reading 2-3 pages of meaningless drivel which add nothing to the conversation. What? You say that can't be topped. Well my friend, how many posts have you seen go something like this:

The "Too busy to actually read, but not to busy to comment on what I haven't read" :

"Hmm. Looks interesting. I'll take a look at this later over a beer and post my thoughts on this".

Are you kidding me? Thank you, oh great one, for telling the world that the post "looks" interesting, but now we are at the mercy of your beer-drinking schedule to get your TRUE take on the subject matter at hand.
edit on 8-10-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

"This was explained to you in another thread. Why are you bringing it up again?"

First, because I want to!

Second, how can people know the threads I've replied to when *** I *** can't remember what I wrote an hour ago??? Are they following me?

I starred you and quoted you again for truth.
Hell, change your avatar and I might forget Ive ever spoken to you... and Im supposed to recall and hang on your every word??!! Its not alzheimers.. its a real affliction called DGAS.. dont give a .. poo.

Heff.. mine is : the poster who knows what you are thinking and how you feel and what attitude you have all gleaned by little words in a post that isnt even posted toward them. I am amazed daily by the psychics that flood ATS. Why arent they out charging for their services or booking halloween parties??
Used to make me twitch.. now I just shake my head and laugh in chat.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

The "Too busy to actually read, but not to busy to comment on what I haven't read" : "Hmm. Looks interesting. I'll take a look at this later over a beer and post my thoughts on this". Are you kidding me? Thank you, oh great one, for telling the world that the post "looks" interesting, but now we are at the mercy of your beer-drinking schedule to get your TRUE take on the subject matter at hand.

This is no doubt one of my biggest pet peeves on here! I always wonder why even bother? I actually see it quite a bit!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

The "Too busy to actually read, but not to busy to comment on what I haven't read" :

"Hmm. Looks interesting. I'll take a look at this later over a beer and post my thoughts on this".

Are you kidding me? Thank you, oh great one, for telling the world that the post "looks" interesting, but now we are at the mercy of your beer-drinking schedule to get your TRUE take on the subject matter at hand.
edit on 8-10-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

Haha, yeah that does happen... I sometimes post like that. I generally do that when I see a comment within the first several posts of a thread and I want to comment, but the thread is 100+ posts long.

I work a lot, so I never know when I will be able to sit down and spend a while reading a thread. When I do finally find the time to sit down and visit ATS, I have forgotten what my original thought for the reply was.

However, I do not post without having at-least read the thread opening post or the entire responses I reply to. I won't say, 'I'll take a harder look at it later and give my opinion'. If I can't read the opening post in it's entirety, I won't make a pointless acknowledgement of my intention to read the thread and give my opinion later on.

My 'too busy' excuse is usually used to inform any members involved in a debate at a later stage of the thread and that my post is a reply to a comment earlier in the thread.

One thing I have seen pointed out on a regular basis are the replies posted to inform the member their thread is useless because it has already been posted earlier.

It adds nothing to the thread, other than telling the author they have no right opening a new thread - which may be true, but should be addressed by moderators instead of membership peers.

I have never understood why anyone, who finds a thread redundant and useless, would post anything at all in the thread. No need to point out the duplicate thread, that is for the Site/Forum Staff to take care of.

If someone is really concerned about the thread being a duplicate, why do they post it in the thread, instead of alerting the site staff? There is no need for a reply that points out the duplicity, when it is just as easy to alert the staff and refrain from in-thread alerts to the author by a non-moderating member.

I sometimes get the impression those comments are not only made in attempt to alert the author of duplication, but to embarrass them to a degree and some-how make them feel inferior or lacking enough skill or common-sense to be part of the ATS family membership.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

'First Pick. Then Roll you must.
Finally grasshopper (and the force must be strong with you)....Flick for your life!'

-Boogey Wan Kenobi.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join