It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aliens are here.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I have thought about this in the past and believe that not only is it possible but its logical that a species that's achieved the technology to travel between Star systems would have some sort of cloaking tech , we've only been flying for a little over 100 years and are working on it so one could assume that a species that's been in the flight game long enough to go interstellar would have seen the advantages long before they started visiting other planets .

Cloaking themselves ? .... why not , making themselves look like Humans ? ... why bother , invisibility covers all the bases and if they choose to initiate contact then I guess they would do it as themselves , especially if they already look something like us anyway .

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well, WHY would they?

It's more realistic to think that they live amongst us like we live amongst ants or bacterial colonies.

Which is to say that they don't. Not like that.

This idea that they live amongst us and intermingle in our affairs is like imagining a shrunken human disguised as an ant that walks among them and manipulates them with an obsessive tyrannical tendency. It makes no sense when you think about it this way, even if you imagine us walking amongst wolves. Humans are humans and we live in our world. We walk on ants, not with them.

Does an ant see us? A bacterium? Case closed.
edit on 8-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You just explained God.

Congratulations.

And you did it smoothly and quickly.

Ignorance roughly equivalent to desire to see. That's God.

That could also apply to other things.

What do we WANT to see and which we cannot yet (or refuse to) eliminate ignorance of?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

You skipped past "the desire to see."

Maybe you don't know much about helicopters and have a strong desire to believe... Or maybe your desire is so strong it trumps your better judgment which tells you it's a police helicopter.

I do think some people want to see aliens as much as some want to see God.

Just remember that even conventional things can look weird in the right circumstances... Give people enough chances, especially the ones with the desire, and they'll be true believers.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think it is possible for ET to possess some type of ultra dimensional technology where all they would have to do is observe or have existing data
on a planets primary above and below ground inhabitants visual spectrum frequency and then just set their craft of body altering devices to resonate on a frequency to not be seen or to be seen as the local in this planets case humans... At the same time I also feel there is an even higher advanced type that can instead of using visual frequency hide ability they can just totally resonate on a different plain of frequency that if they were to be standing in the face of any none would detect their presence due to them resonating on a different frequency.. to better understand look below:

1 being may exist physically (partially) on a frequency that vibrates like this [-..........-..........-..........-]now another being may be able to adjust its vibrate level like so [.----------.----------.----------] so this being switching frequency can exist in the same reality as the one its hiding or invisible from apply same techs to craft and there is you
flesh -.....-.....-..... / spirit .-----.-----.-----
more less playing in between vibration gaps? Every step you have a break in between every breath you have a break in between every heart beat thought ect..

With that OP I think eventually there will be a understanding to cloaking or appearing totally invisible, that even to touch evaluations it or they wouldn't be there even if sitting right there (maybe atom nuclei re arranging? ) .. I think Stealth and others techs are cool to research and develop for intelligence gathering and defense, but to have the ability of say a neutrino would be more benificial 1 feels. Like being in deep space and entering an asteroid belt or enemy war zone w/o worry because you can enter and exit w/o them knowing (unless they had the passed down higher tech to detect) The power source for this metaphysical craft or body shield would be interesting to obtain and contain 1 would imaging (maybe anti matter advanced shielding) . Interesting read op

edit on 10/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe evidence is building that these non-human intelligences are "cloaked" from us by either residing in--or powered by--parts of the electromagnetic spectrum normally outside our perceptual range. If that should be the case, then the best cloak is that they don't normally need a cloak.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I wonder what people think about this?

Considering that I am a person and not a grey alien, I think that it is definetly human technology.

Most people here do not know the data - the grey craft are Nothing like that.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm sure aliens walk among us invisible, there have been reports of them being seen, but every type of tech has glitches, which is probably how those aliens were seen. But, it's ignorant to believe there are no aliens, there are hundreds of sightings every day, and they can't ALL be fake. I mean, even ancient civilizations encountered them, probably worshipped them, its the only explanation for the crazy drawings that they have of them talking to a strange humanoid figure. But thats a whole different topic. Point being, yes they walk among us, and they always have. At least, thats what I choose to believe judging from the many things i've read.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The concept and blind focus that aliens needs to be from outside the sol system is disconcerting to me. I do admit that I acknowledge the logic that makes extra terrestrial life a certainty, but at the same time do not see it as a necessity to link aliens, or interstellar travel to UFOs.

Mixing the subjects seems unnecessary, convoluted and simply conjectural. All evidence of life we have is on the planet so it seems obvious that if we need to create a new civilization (not necessarily a new race) we should start just here.

That UFOs are real, is indisputable, our moon was such an object not so long ago, that a small minority of them seem under intelligent control and outperform our technology seems to put it outside of our civilization (or at least until very recently,today some of our creations can do much and we are improving)

So until we manage to get one of these strange crafts (not UFOs) or meet them, we can only establish very little more.

One thing I would like to point that we know is whoever they are they are not friendly or concerned about our well being, they have a negative impact in society and people have died and suffered due to the phenomena. In consequence we also can extrapolate that the government if not criminally covering or controlling it, is derelict in the exercise of its obligations (protection of it's people and interests).

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I believe they are here or our military isn't telling us something.
I've told this many times on ATS and I'll tell it again. A friend and I watched an orb vanish in daylight above an airport. I didn't dare blink when I first noticed it. Then it was gone in an instant. Most likely cloaked. It was behind a plane taking off so in comparison it looked the size of a tiny car. Like the 'Smart' car brand. It seemed perfectly round and either glowing or reflecting the sun but not real bright. Then instantly it was no more. We were in a moving vehicle so I don't know if anyone else witnessed it but it's possible due to how busy the area was. The control tower most likely witnessed it also.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yeah, watch out there might be a "Preadator" alien on your roof watching you with his thermal vision.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

edit on 9-10-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

I see certain members here have the mods under there wing.........Your a boss DRU
edit on 9-10-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Letś first look at cloaking technology. Their are various sorts of cloaking technology and some are suprisingly low-tech. A camouflage suit like that of a soldier or a hunter is a form of cloaking technology. It is designed to blend in with itś surroundings. Itś limitation is that of the surrounding it is in. It does not make the user actually invisible, but rather makes it blend in with its surroundings. Do the surroundings change, then so has the camouflage.

A more high tech form is stealth technology. Camouflaging against radio-waves, or radar in specific. This technology is used primarily on military plane, boats and vehicles like the F117 Stealth jet fighter.

If you want to go more advanced ypou would have some options, each having itś own level of difficult and technology.

The first is the breaking of light. (human) sight is based upon reflection. We see what reflects light and if their is too little light reflection we view it as darkness. One can break light by creating material that does a 100% absorbing of light in every direction. This would create a dark silhouette, but cloak the actual device itself making it's workings almost impossible to see without actually hiding the material itself. To create such a cloak you would need material with an extreme light absorption, so high that reflection of it is impossible. It would mean a layer that works unidirectional followed by a convergence of the captured light (e.g. into energy like a solar-panel does.

The second form is a form of cloaking that weaves light around itself. This one is in development actively on Earth. Using light conducting fibers like glass-fiber one can relay light from one side of an object to another. This technology isn't perfect as of yet. Humanity will first need to develop a microscopic multi-layer optical fiber with a density of at the very least the same amount of photoreceptors as a human eye has per square inch. Not just that, it would need an optical design that calculates in the size of the object because of field breaking effects.

The third is a phase shift cloaking that shifts incoming light into frequencies that are out of range for most beings. E.g. change it into infrared of ultraviolet light. This would need material that is made out of two layers; one layer that increases or decreases the frequency of incoming light followed by a highly reflecting layer that bounces it back into the same layer without the rays becoming slowed. it has the added disadvantage of being seen on special vision as well as having odd artifacts of light because of strange frequency lights being transformed into visible light.

But even so, you would have to deal with issues like heat and displacement. The best detectors are those that detect atmospheric displacement. Unless you have something that shifts out of dimension non-stop you will always have atmospheric displacement no matter how good your cloaking. To make such a detection however you would either need a global network of sensors that measure the ir at all layers at high density, or spread nanites into the atmosphere globally.

Yes, cloaked alien vessels would be possible on earth. But there are still ways to notice all of them even with the earth as it is now.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Turritopsis

To make such a detection however you would either need a global network of sensors that measure the ir at all layers at high density, or spread nanites into the atmosphere globally.

Thats the method they black ops group used in Predator 2 movie to locate and track the Cloaked Aliens movement.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
We do not have cloaking technology and are years away from anything that would remotely work. What they have shown are carefully controlled tests. That technology also is garbage so to speak they are using now, other projects that use more conventional means will yield far more practical results.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Human beings are now just beginning to develop practical and workable cloak technology that allows physical objects to be rendered indiscernable (invisible) against their backdrop. I find this technology interesting and more so when considering it against the possibilties of use by Alien visitors.

if Aliens are really here then surely they will be using much more advanced forms of the visibility technology we humans are presently developing. This not just to their aerial vehicles but also to their own humonoid forms when walking around outside their craft.

I wonder what people think about this?

And if the technology can be used to render aliens invisible surely the technology is mallable to extrapolate the manipulation of light to create an artfical exterior form. The illusion of human appearance.

With the recent developes in human visibility technology it certainly makes me postulate do the aliens walk agmonst us?

If you believe Lazar who I'm still up in the air about, he said one of the abilities of the UFO's was making themselves invisible by gravitational lensing (bending light around an object, the same way the gravitation of the sun bends the light of stars around it and projects the image to Earth) and that you could be directly under it and think you're just seeing sky because it's bending the light (image) of the sky around it and projecting it outward as well as toward the ground, thus becoming invisible. Whether he's telling the truth or not, this is the most probable way to achieve invisibility for craft or physical beings other than some other unnatural means, but you also have to take into account that if you do have such a highly advanced civilization they could probably come up with a more unnatural way of doing this. By unnatural I'm referring to things such as you see in the sci-fi films where a doctor will inject himself with an invisibility serum to render himself invisible, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well, WHY would they? It's more realistic to think that they live amongst us like we live amongst ants or bacterial colonies. Which is to say that they don't. Not like that. This idea that they live amongst us and intermingle in our affairs is like imagining a shrunken human disguised as an ant that walks among them and manipulates them with an obsessive tyrannical tendency. It makes no sense when you think about it this way, even if you imagine us walking amongst wolves. Humans are humans and we live in our world. We walk on ants, not with them. Does an ant see us? A bacterium? Case closed.
reply to post by jonnywhite

Although I'm a bit skeptical on the disguised aliens living among us theory, I find your way of thinking to be flawed. The comparison of the "advancements" of wolves, ants and bacteria to humans is no where near the comparison of humans and aliens. Even if the aliens were/are vastly more advanced than us, we are still an intelligent, thinking, and actively conscious species which continues to progress. So, come on, don't be so narrow minded.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

post by Panic2k11 in reply to gortex
I do admit that I acknowledge the logic that makes extra terrestrial life a certainty, but at the same time do not see it as a necessity to link aliens, or interstellar travel to UFOs.
Mixing the subjects seems unnecessary, convoluted and simply conjectural.

This whole subject is based on conjecture so of course I'm being conjectural , not sure about convoluted though .

And then you go on

post by Panic2k11
That UFOs are real, is indisputable, our moon was such an object not so long ago

Really
... now who's being " simply conjectural"
I'd say its more likely that ET is from a different Star system than it is the Moon being a UFO .

edit on 9-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Panic2k11

post by Panic2k11 in reply to gortex
I do admit that I acknowledge the logic that makes extra terrestrial life a certainty, but at the same time do not see it as a necessity to link aliens, or interstellar travel to UFOs.
Mixing the subjects seems unnecessary, convoluted and simply conjectural.

This whole subject is based on conjecture so of course I'm being conjectural , not sure about convoluted though .

And then you go on

post by Panic2k11
That UFOs are real, is indisputable, our moon was such an object not so long ago

Really
... now who's being " simply conjectural"
I'd say its more likely that ET is from a different Star system than it is the Moon being a UFO .

edit on 9-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Since I do not want to offend your intellect, please be sure to read well what I said. If the Moon example is too much for you to handle we might be in trouble...

Conjecture was what lead our ancestors to think that the sun was a God (or the moon a Goddess) that is a perfect clue on how we (humans) come up with labels to make us feel safe when dealing with something we do not understand. In any case we have to give them credit for the rational that permitted the Sun and the Moon to go from unknown "flying" objects to at least given the evidence and knowledge at the time to mystical entities and then representations of their power, in itself a very cool process of deduction that permitted the extrapolation of patters and observable effects...

Still confused about what I'm talking about ?1?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join