It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you don't need a licence, insurance, tax, etc to "drive" in the UK

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So basically he ended up having to pay to get his car out of the compound which he couldn't do anyway without the correct Documentation which means he has lost his car?????

As the Officer told him that if the car isn't collected within 2 weeks that the car can be scrapped or sold!!

I didnt watch the other vids but did he get his car back without the Documentation??

Also he ended up in Court for no Documentation???

Seems to me that it wasn't worth the effort on his part... not if his papers he handed over had no meaning or stood up in Court!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
No answer from Dave yet?? What happened after the police arrested you?

I'm gonna have to assume it didn't go well for Dave, because he refuses to answer this question. If I had to guess without a really good attourny he lost his car (as he didn't have even 1 out of the 4 things required to get it back, and there is no way to get all those documents in 2 weeks time), spent the night in jail, and never saw the 20,000 pounds he tried to charge the officer to step out of his vehicle. Nice job getting him to sign that, get a witness signature on it, and have it notorized and you would have been 20k richer.

He probably drives a beat up car now, which he should have done in the first place when trying this experiment out. Unfortunately some officers kid is probably driving it now after getting it cheap at a police auction. You live and you learn though.

But I DO commend him though for at least trying to become aware of laws or statutes, then living how he wants to live accordingly, and trying to do it in a safe ,and responsible way.

But I don't see this driving without a license or registration or insurance working, definitely not here in the States. The laws are fairly cut and dry on what you need to operate a motor vehicle on public roads. You can play the semantics game all you wan't unfortunately any vehicle that uses a motor for propulsion is a motor vehicle. Also here in my State in the US, you cannot operate said motor vehicle without a driver's license. It is against the law unfortunately. So I wouldn't advise anyone to try it. At worst you'll be arrested and your car will be seized, at best you'll be paying a hefty ticket for driving without a license.

Also I'd like to say haveing watched all three videos, and I don't know if this is a rare occassion or the norm but...the officers there in the UK seem alot more polite and patient compared to police here in the States. If this had happened in the States, first the recording would have ended when your arrested, how they allowed him to continue to record after being arrested is beyond me. Secondly the police wouldn't have looked at your papers. Once you refuse to show Identification, your most likely out of the car and going to jail till they can figure out who you are. They will do this to people stopped walking down the street. Whether it's legal or not (probably not) that is how it goes usually. Here in the States it's much easier to carry Identification with you. Without an ID or License you can't do anything. You can't get on a plane, see a doctor, but cigarettes, alchohol, nada.

But Good Luck to you in the future Dave. If you find some "legal" ways for people to change their lifestyle in a way that will be beneficial to them, please do share them with us.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I was going to mention about this happening in the USA!

I think as soon as he said to the Officer that he couldn't get into his private vehicle, the guns would have been out and he would have been under arrest, searched and put into the Police Vehicle before 1 minute had passed!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

This is the sad crux of our system, I believe. If we were to spend our time veg gardening, gathering wood for cooking fire and fetching water, we can sit round the fire at night, eating veg stew and having a nice cuppa tea, knowing the stuff in my compost loo is just enough compost to feed my garden, to feed my family. Instead, we spend hours in traffic, going to a job we don't like, stressing like hell to make money we're gonna give back to the system anyway. Live off Macdonalds, wrapped in styrofoam, which will go in the bin, for which I have to pay taxes so the binmen can do a job they don't like, to make money they don't need, so they're too tired to tend to the veg garden so they get macdonalds, that go in their bin, that...... We're caught in their viscous web of not enough time, not enough money. Luckily, it looks like we're running out of time and money (just me being cynical )

You have capture the situation perfectly.

There is a discussion about Tecumseh (North American Indian Chief) which I think relates to this. The Indians needed to be eliminated because they did not fit into the model that we are living today. The Western Model IMO could be called "Garbage Production". The Indian Model could be called "Make No Garbage". Looking at the Oceans, the Great Lakes, the rivers etc. it is our model that is destroying it all. Hence your fitting line "we're running out of time and money".

Freeman is just showing that we need to START to disengage from this model or else Mother Nature will do it for us. So what do you suppose would happen to a spinning sphere with a huge lump of ice on each pole of rotation if it was to melt and reduce the stress on these portions of the sphere? For sure there will be a huge change in the distribution of stresses on the sphere. Perhaps that is the cause of the huge tsunami "Made in Japan"

How about your plastic bottles floating off into the Oceans and slowly micro-granulating in the water. You will be eating it sooner of later at your local Sushi Bar.

We could go on with this with many more examples. That is the effect due to the "Garbage Production" model.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptileSkinShoes
plus , if you have an accident you need to pay up yourself , no insurance means YOU yourself pay a lump sum to the "victim". Dodgey grounds if you ask me ........ he`s also recinded his birth certifacte or something , this man is an absolute idiot .

If you`re willing to go to this extent i would like to say to you , as a british citizen , and on behalf of all british citizens .... get the f*** out ---->

As a British citizen myself,the view you have expressed does not reflect the view that I have on this issue,you may want to edit the "and on behalf of all British citizens" part of your post.

Personally I quite agree with him,we are shafted every day here by the government,with "motorists" being the target for every unfair tax going,from illogical road tax bandings to the ludicrous fuel prices and the con of insurance.Good luck to this chap who refuses to be a good little citizen and continue to pay thru the nose for the "privilege" of using his conveyance as a means of travel.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileSkinShoes

Why would anybody leave the land that they have a god given right to. It is upto the man or woman which society they want to live amongst. A birth cirtificate is just a heirsay document which cant be used as identification. Lookn at the bottom of your , it says "ownership of the crown" , which basicly means that u dont own your name. THE CROWN DOES !!!!!
Legal and Illegal is just the UK societys way of saying "thats right and thats wrong" .
Are u that stupid that u need to be told wots right or wrong ???
I know that I dont.

I am a law abideing man. Why should I be stopped & questioned "whats your name, where have you been , where are you going, when I havent done ANYTHING unlawful.
And if you dont comply , intimidation with weapons (baton , handcuffs) and chemical warfare (pepper spray) or
even stitched up for some bogus on the spot fine for some bull# reason .
Basicly Police can only enforce the law with the consent of the governed in your fecked up society.
Statues and acts dont apply to my society because we live by common law ( COMMON SENSE LAW ).
Do not cause HURT , HARM or LOSS to any man/woman and always honour your legal contracts and agreements.
I will atleast have some sort of freedom and you my friend can live as a evolusionised slave.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In my view this driver wasted police time. The police were forced to be far too polite with him, and his actions make me wish we were just a tiny bit more like Russia where the video would about 3 minutes long before their patience runs out, and you then see him in handcuffs with teeth missing!

It’s not a question of being a “slave” to have a driving license it’s a matter of public safety. It’s not being a “slave” to have insurance, but the means to deal with the consequences of your actions. People who say this are the anarchist communist types, and should move beyond pre-school politics.

This Dave perfectly represents the filth we let into our country, that often even when they have brain, and even when they’ve been here more than one generation, the immigrants are still not on our side and all too quick to sign up to the 4th column –as the fact he hasn’t warned everyone this action actually lands you in prison. Prisons far too good for him, he should be deported.

If…
He had been successful, then it would be proof we need more trials by jury. No jury would let him free, and his own denial would rightfully have landed him the maximum sentence.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveMurphy25
Wow, this place is infested with trolls, shills, the brainwashed and the wilfully ignorant.
I expected better from ATS but it seems that the PTB are getting so scared that people are waking up to this bull# that they are really pushing the boat out in employing all these 'house slaves' to try and keep people afraid and asleep.

The information/evidence/case law is out there for those with the eyes to see, it takes an intelligent open mind to apprehend this information and courage to do something about it and it seems that there are precious few on here with both and to those people I would say stop wasting your time fencing with these trolls, go out and lead by example, you'll soon find other courageous people to lend you support.

To the trolls, shills and cowards, you may not have any self respect, but this slave construct that you serve, whether knowingly or inadvertently, is subjugating your friends and family and will consign your children to abject slavery and suffering and all for your 30 pieces of silver... Time for you to grow a pair and stop collaborating with the slave owning parasites.

Hey Dave, I am still waiting for you to advise as to what the outcome was, did you get found not guilty? Did you get your car back? Are 20,000 Pounds richer?

As I said if you are right about the law, then I will apologise! Obviously, without prejudice

You started this thread with your video's we now want to just see the outcome, if you are right then you will get your wish and more people will follow your example, so give us the real facts please!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well done to the bloke, in some ways, I mean pretty much every other driver in inner London, certainly the foreigners, do not have the proper documentation and licence to drive a car and you can often tell as they drive as if they're blind. However, am I going to start doing it? I doubt it, as I'm the kind of bloke to get caught out and in my job that's bad times.

I have to say though, what happens if he is in an accident, is he going to pay out of his own pocket? I do believe that a driving test is right and I do believe in having the money to pay for damage caused by the driver i.e insurance or the money at hand to pay for the damage. Road tax I absolutely do not agree with as we already pay that on petrol, duty plus VAT!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

The police are often polite, extra so to ethnic minorities, believe me you get a right bollocking if you aren't

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by GrimReaper86

You talk without even a brain cell if you believe what you wrote. You haven't a clue about the law on driving or anything. So please, go away and play with your Lego or whatever you play with.

edit on 8-10-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

If you're responding to me I'm not sure where you are coming from? I pretty much just said I didn't have a huge knowledge of law and wanted to learn more. I didn't even really give an opinion on law for the most part in my post. Are you deluded or did you just respond to the wrong post? Otherwise it just seems like you're trolling...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Gettin done for driving without a license is a victimless crime. Seeing as we're overrun with trolls, I won't say more than that. Anyone interested int the "Victimless crime"..........If you're happy getting treated like a criminal for living your life, so be it. I'm not.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveMurphy25

Firstly, thank you Dave for coming on this thread to defend your actions and point of view, and welcome to ATS. As you have found out, you need a thick skin to hack it here on ATS. Discussions can get heated, and often do. I'm sure that won't put you off though.

Secondly, I applaud you for standing up for what you believe in the manner that you have. You have lots of guts!

I described what you were doing in my opening post as a "loop hole", but I realize now that that was a bad choice of words, which implied that you were somehow circumventing the law, which is not the case. Apologies for that.

It seems we have two polarized camps here. Those who think you are simply exercising your legal rights, and those who thing you are basically irresponsible. I think many people here can not see that you are actually taking full responsibility for your actions. I do think we need more people like you, who are willing to "test the boundaries".

A note to members intending to post here

It may be with good reason that Dave is not commenting on the outcome of his case - if it is still ongoing he may well be staying quiet for legal reasons. So I urge all members to be patient, and let Dave comment when he is ready. I wish you good luck Dave, and hope that you get the result you are looking for!

Thank you also to everyone who has contributed to this discussion/thread. I think there have been many excellent points made, and issues raised

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by GrimReaper86

You talk without even a brain cell if you believe what you wrote. You haven't a clue about the law on driving or anything. So please, go away and play with your Lego or whatever you play with.

edit on 8-10-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

If you're responding to me I'm not sure where you are coming from? I pretty much just said I didn't have a huge knowledge of law and wanted to learn more. I didn't even really give an opinion on law for the most part in my post. Are you deluded or did you just respond to the wrong post? Otherwise it just seems like you're trolling...

Sorry, I just checked and it wasn't meant for you at all, was supposed to be for someone else....my apologies

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

That's ok, sh!t happens. Thanks for owning up to it.

Just took me by surprise when I read it...I was like...dafuq?
'sall good though.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by scotsdavy1

That's ok, sh!t happens. Thanks for owning up to it.

Just took me by surprise when I read it...I was like...dafuq?
'sall good though.

You may kick me, not too hard, in the butt if you ever meet me lol
Seriously , I am the first to admit and put my hands up if I am wrong and on this occasion , I was.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow, this Dave guy is a pure imbecile with no knowledge of the law or how the world works. I pity him and everyone brainless enough (sheep) to follow him and try this themselves. Good to hear he was taught a lesson anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
While I'm all for us getting more of our freedoms back and stopping the continuous drain on our resources from over taxation, etc, I have to say that I do not agree with the sentiments of "dave" in the videos, nor do I think it was a good choice of thread title since he clearly was arrested AND had his car seized.

If people use their brains to think instead of jumping on any anti authority bandwagon, then it's clear why he's wrong.

1) While he might have sent back his license for voiding, he has clearly passed the driving test and is able to control a car on the roads. If you took away the necessity of a driving license then there would be no measure of whether someone was fit to drive or not, you'd have idiots jumping behind the wheel and off they'd go, and end up killing someone. While it might be "right on" for THEIR rights, it is a violation of the rights of others to make them face that situation.
2) Insurance - no one likes to pay it, and it IS far too expensive, but never mind the cost of repairs to someone elses car if you have an accident, what if you knock someone ever and they end up severely brain damaged and need 24 hour care for the rest of their lives costing £millions over their lifetime. Who is going to pay, and why should they not be able to have that care because you can't afford to pay it. On the other side of the coin, what if you end up in an accident and it's you that needs care for the rest of your life. Why should anyone else pay for your care.
3) With regards to the MOT - if there is no test then there is no measure of whether a car is safe to be on the roads, and if there is therefore no requirement to have a vehicle on the roads that is safe, then you can be absolutely certain there'd be people driving around with cars with defective brakes, steering, and 101 other serious problems.
4) Road tax - I believe this also is too expensive, but if there's no road tax then who's going to pay for the upkeep of the roads for you to "exercise your right to travel" - why should I have to pay more in tax so that you can travel without paying 1 penny towards that privilege?

The video is not about protecting your freedoms, it's about sticking 2 fingers up to authority - and frankly the bit at the end where you've added a load of text about the copper and killing people is quite simply childish and a case of throwing your toys out of your pram because, in fact, you were wrong and you lost.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dave, I support you here, but I would like to know the outcome too. If you didnt get you car back, and ende up in court would it not have been wiser to accept the summons and then play this out in court, sending relevant affidfids to relevant parties before the court date explaining your possition on the law and your fee list, stating that no reply is a confirmation to your case being dropped and they must proove things they can't without committing fraud.. Ie, can we choose when we want to act in commerce.

Here's a video I came across earlier. It states that during the great fire of London everyone was declared dead, all belongings and bodies were claimed and have been held in trust/custody by the general registrar since. Can anyone validate this?

edit on 9-10-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join