It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you don't need a licence, insurance, tax, etc to "drive" in the UK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Canadian court case involving 'Freeman'

The case

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie
reply to post by crankyoldman

If there is only my contribution of one star toward this tirade
over a period of almost three hours, we surely are in trouble
as a culture. Cranky, that was magnificent and well done!
I lied to myself for years, and the final nail in MY personal
coffin was asking the government for help with a personal
problem. What the government did was help itself quite
unlawfully to the better half of my working years; and a
sizeably larger percentage of the wages.
For at least one the psyop is over. Thanks again, and I
would be overjoyed to send this to my friends with your
by-line and permission if I may. This could jar even the
most hypnotic of We the People awake.

I'm honored, feel free to send to whomever you like. After years of examining both the real truth and the lies, I am saddened, but not at all surprised, by the fact that people neither desire freedom, nor understand that it is they themselves that are being chained and straitjacketed, not the other guy. I would hope that the the catch phrase "there otta be a law" is replaced with the appropriate phrase, "I need a new law to prevent ME from doing that."

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I reckon the biggest mis "under"standing to FMOTL is the difference between Maritime Law and Case law. Many good points stated above, although it's terribly obvious that only a few posters who are not familiar with the freeman society went to more trouble than just watching the videos.
No one said freedom is easy to acquire. It's hard work, but rather satisfying. Unlike hard work for someone else, that pays nothing, working on my own freedom is a job I'd do lifetime after lifetime.

Maybe some sheeple are just to lazy to be free....but here you go anyway. I'll give you Wikipedia, the rest you can do yourself if you can be @r$ed
Magna Carta - still on the books today

The 1215 charter required King John of England to proclaim certain liberties and accept that his will was not arbitrary, for example by explicitly accepting that no "freeman" (in the sense of non-serf) could be punished except through the law of the land, a right which is still in existence today.

edit on 9-10-2012 by 3Dplus because: because I'm free to edit

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Interesting about the license.

In America you don't need car insurance to drive. I met an old man who told me the State law says you can have a Bond for $50,000 and take it to the State Treasurer and he stamps it. That's your insurance.

The man borrowed money to get the Bond decades ago and paid it off himself. When he retired he cashed in his Bond and it was worth much more than what he paid for it.

Where's the Hundreds of Trillions in auto insurance Bonds that Americans have been paying into for generations??

STOLEN.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

WOW!!! Thank you, thank you for that link!

OK guys, for those of you that are disinclined to skim through 185 pages of easy to read court reasoning, allow me to sum it up.

In Canada, "Freeman" cases are considered nonsense, will not be accepted, and may land one in more trouble than at the start. Don't even try it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
No answer from Dave yet?? What happened after the police arrested you?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptileSkinShoes
plus , if you have an accident you need to pay up yourself , no insurance means YOU yourself pay a lump sum to the "victim". Dodgey grounds if you ask me ........ he`s also recinded his birth certifacte or something , this man is an absolute idiot .

If you`re willing to go to this extent i would like to say to you , as a british citizen , and on behalf of all british citizens .... get the f*** out ---->
You have no lawful right, mandate, or privilege to tell a man, doing no harm, who was born in your geographical region, to leave his homeland. However, you are completely within YOUR rights to tell him to get the f*** out of your silly little Imaginary Navy game. However again, it appears that he has stopped playing that game already. Too bad for you, as it seems you really want to flex that jingoism/conformity muscle.

ETA: I think the whole common-law appeal to the "freeman-on-the-land" concept is a foolish one that is for people who need more (but maybe not tons more) spanks in order to figure out who/what really has power in this universe.

I am free. I don't need your paper to prove it. Everything everyone does has consequences, and if you (speaking to an imagined jackbooted thug who wants to take away my freedom) are willing to face those consequences, go ahead and do whatsoever the Creator empowers you to do to me.

See my buddy Roage's video here on youtube. It really addresses the whole issue of mandatory implied consent.

edit on 9-10-2012 by seamus because: added pertinent info.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
As an aside, here is something that everyone should know and understand; he who know no rights, has none.

Dave, i commend you on this, i have a few friends doing the very same thing at present, i am also doing what i can when i can, still a semi-slve to the system, however as i'm aware of my rights i am in a better place than most people.

All those who ridicule this man are guilty of not knowing their inalienable rights as given to us.
www.acasefortreason.org... is also a very good site, look up Albert Burgess, ex police officer who explains many things about the 'system'

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The same type of statues that allowed for the roads to be built are the ones that are enforced to make sure people are licensed and insured while travelling them.

The common law "right to travel" surely exists, but you are going to have to find a horse or use your feet to exercise it. Remember that the original common laws were written a few hundred years ago, so they didn't have cars back then. They also didn't have public roads with millions of tons of concrete that were created through similar statues...

This guy might have gotten away with it if he was in a field or something, but as soon as he pulls onto the road it is governed by the statues that the pdf states:

However, if the travelling is to
be done in/on a mechanically propelled vehicle on a public road, the vehicle must be
registered and licensed.

the Road Traffic Act 1988

Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994

edit on 9-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptileSkinShoes
plus , if you have an accident you need to pay up yourself , no insurance means YOU yourself pay a lump sum to the "victim". Dodgey grounds if you ask me ........ he`s also recinded his birth certifacte or something , this man is an absolute idiot .

If you`re willing to go to this extent i would like to say to you , as a british citizen , and on behalf of all british citizens .... get the f*** out ---->

And I would like to say to you 'as a British citizen' please don't speak on 'my' behalf. Fine if you want to insult people for challenging the law but please don't assume everybody holds your point of view. Speak for yourself and don't draw others into your narrow minded perspective. I take it you agree with every law (because it's the law) Well some of us happen to believe that not every law is for the good of everyone. If the police were more concerned with arresting real criminals and less obsessed with collecting revenue then maybe we would all be a bit more respectful of the boys in blue. Like the man says, the police are (under common law) duty bound to keep the peace and enforce common law. Something they seem to have abandoned in their current training. Officers of the law are unaware that they are following an agenda which takes away the rights of individuals (sovereign individuals, with rights attached to that status)

It is 'the law' which states we have a right travel freely. Don't you agree with this law? what is it exactly you find offensive about the idea of someone standing up for their rights?

Oh by the way, Insurance is a scam. It aint there to turn back time and equalise everything, It's there to take advantage of peoples insecurities. God forbid if one of your loved ones died as a result of a RTA do you think any amount of insurance money will bring your loved one back?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

I was beginning to wonder when someone would speak some sense on this thread. Thank you..you put into words my views totally.

10 stars out of 10 wouldn't have been enough. It was possibly the best post I have ever seen on ATS. I couldn't have worded a response any better (than Hongkongphooey did) if I tried.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

Originally posted by sueloujo

I was beginning to wonder when someone would speak some sense on this thread. Thank you..you put into words my views totally.

10 stars out of 10 wouldn't have been enough. It was possibly the best post I have ever seen on ATS. I couldn't have worded a response any better (than Hongkongphooey did) if I tried.

Thank you both, its much appreciated.

Yet I am scolded like a child for not agreeing with people who want anarchy and hide behind the words freedom?

Claiming its ok to drive without any registration, MOT, Tax, Insurance is OK as long as you have your own insignia (like a coat of arms?) is ridiculous, isn't it? This is the 21st Century not 1066.

Responses that as long as you take responsibility for yourself, its ok are so laughable, stating that children take joyrides anyway, so its ok to let them drive and drunks drive anyway, miss the entire point! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW and those caught will be punished by the law. There are good reasons we have driving laws and that is for safety!

I don't like many laws that are introduced to benefit large corporations but I will agree with sensible laws that protect the public.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
After the first, "hello, we are processing your request," paragraph, the letter says :

I acknowledge that the common law right to travel still exists. However, if the travelling is to be done in/on a mechanically propelled vehicle on a public road, the vehicle must be registered and licensed.

The Freeman movement isn't the worst nuisance in the world, but it is in the top ten.

100%

Some of the most annoying and ill-informed people I've ever had the displeasure of running into.

Threads like this are really all about spreading ignorance.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yet I am scolded like a child for not agreeing with people who want anarchy and hide behind the words freedom?

You are arguing as though you are a child. You merely say that you assure us we are wrong, yet you provide nothing to support your statement! I'm sorry but your "assurance" means nothing to me? Try actually debating the points and we could get somewhere! You BTW were the one trowing around insults and such. So how about you act like an adult and then we can have an adult debate on the matter.

Who the hell is hiding being an advocate of anarchy? I am a loud and proud anarchist! Do you know what anarchy is? Oh you think you do don't you! Murder, rape, destruction, chaos etc etc... WRONG... That is what you have been brainwashed with I'm sorry to tell you. Anarchy simply means the lack of RULERS not rules! And listen I do not begrudge you having a ruler! If you want to be a subject or a slave and be told how you should spend your money and live your life then I'm cool with that. But why the need to drag me along with you? Why can't you afford me the same respect?

Seriously mate your eyes are wide shut! You really need to have another look at some things! I know you are probably best intentioned but what you advocate is more and more tyranny! You defend the tyrants and their arbitrary rules! We are supposed to be ruled by consent here! Well I do not consent! I am an adult and I can behave like one all on my own! I do not need a nanny state to protect me. You might and that is YOUR prerogative, just leave me to mine.

Claiming its ok to drive without any registration, MOT, Tax, Insurance is OK as long as you have your own insignia (like a coat of arms?) is ridiculous, isn't it? This is the 21st Century not 1066.

Why is it? It is acting very honorably! It is saying that this is me, if I do something I will be responsible! I fail to see what the date has to do with a symbol of recognition? Oh and the DVLA sure seemed to recognize it as the coppers found his details through it!

Again no logic or reasoning! Just assertions! "this is ridiculous" "you are wrong" "I am right" These all mean absolutely ZERO.

Responses that as long as you take responsibility for yourself, its ok are so laughable, stating that children take joyrides anyway, so its ok to let them drive and drunks drive anyway, miss the entire point! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW and those caught will be punished by the law. There are good reasons we have driving laws and that is for safety!

It is laughable to take responsibility for your own actions? Again just assertions with ZERO logic or evidence!

Oh now you resort to straight out lies! Now we are getting somewhere... Nowhere have I said nor has anyone said that it is okay to let children drive. You sir are a liar! Glad you showed that to everyone. What I actually said was that children are the responsibility to look after their children! If they let their child drive and he/she caused an accident then the parents would be responsible! And held accountable. You raised the point that we need licenses and rules or kids could drive and kill people! My point was that we have the rules now and still kids drive! The rules you love do NOT stop children driving! Do you understand this very very basic point?

I don't like many laws that are introduced to benefit large corporations but I will agree with sensible laws that protect the public.

The rules do NOT protect the public! They are not a prevention, they are a punishment! You don't seem to grasp that.

Honestly fella I don't mind you having whatever opinion you like. But at least try to put your point across with some logic and reason! Not assertions and lies...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

The Officer must have wanted to call up the Ambulance service and get this guy off to Hospital!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

100% Some of the most annoying and ill-informed people I've ever had the displeasure of running into. Threads like this are really all about spreading ignorance.

Well clearly you do not read threads then! lol

You just totally miss the point! Whether you agree if fmotl has legal basis or not! The whole point is that people are fed up with this system! They want out! People go about that in a myriad of ways for which fmotl is just one. It has nothing to do with spreading ignorance and there is PLENTY of information about the after effects of doing this, ie people going to prison and whatnot! But they are in the end political prisoners because that is at the crux of all this!

Of course TPTB are not going to let them get away with this! Why? Because it would open up the floodgates and soon enough they would have no slaves to pay their salaries! Well that is democracy isn't it? What are they scared of? Let these few deranged people have what they want, soon enough they will go round killing everyone and then people will cling to the government for protection and it will be all good, right?

Can you imagine if your neighbour was paying zero tax, zero vat, zero NI etc... Living it up with loads of money and there is you bogged down in debt! lol What are you going to do? This is exactly why TPTB would NEVER let these people get away with it. That doesn't make these people idiots or ignorant! They are people looking for a way out and I do not blame them!

Do I think they are 100% correct? No but nor is ANYONE.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Some Maxims of Law

The law compels no one to do anything which is useless or impossible.

The laws serve the vigilant, not those who sleep upon their rights.

Relief is not given to such as sleep on their rights.

The law sustains the watchful.

Those awake, not those asleep, the laws assist. [1 Timothy 1:9]

Legal remedies are for the active and vigilant.

To investigate [inquire into] is the way to know what things are truly lawful. [2 Timothy 2:15]

Those who do not preserve the law of the land, they justly incur the awesome and indelible brand of infamy.

It has been said, with much truth, "Where the law ends, tyranny begins."

For Dave and his case , The Law ended and Tyranny began .

No one should be rushed to Justice , including those who don't get it , yet .

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

You are arguing as though you are a child. You merely say that you assure us we are wrong, yet you provide nothing to support your statement! I'm sorry but your "assurance" means nothing to me? Try actually debating the points and we could get somewhere! You BTW were the one trowing around insults and such. So how about you act like an adult and then we can have an adult debate on the matter.

Who the hell is hiding being an advocate of anarchy? I am a loud and proud anarchist! Do you know what anarchy is? Oh you think you do don't you! Murder, rape, destruction, chaos etc etc... WRONG... That is what you have been brainwashed with I'm sorry to tell you. Anarchy simply means the lack of RULERS not rules! And listen I do not begrudge you having a ruler! If you want to be a subject or a slave and be told how you should spend your money and live your life then I'm cool with that. But why the need to drag me along with you? Why can't you afford me the same respect?

Seriously mate your eyes are wide shut! You really need to have another look at some things! I know you are probably best intentioned but what you advocate is more and more tyranny! You defend the tyrants and their arbitrary rules! We are supposed to be ruled by consent here! Well I do not consent! I am an adult and I can behave like one all on my own! I do not need a nanny state to protect me. You might and that is YOUR prerogative, just leave me to mine.

Why is it? It is acting very honorably! It is saying that this is me, if I do something I will be responsible! I fail to see what the date has to do with a symbol of recognition? Oh and the DVLA sure seemed to recognize it as the coppers found his details through it!

Again no logic or reasoning! Just assertions! "this is ridiculous" "you are wrong" "I am right" These all mean absolutely ZERO.

It is laughable to take responsibility for your own actions? Again just assertions with ZERO logic or evidence!

Oh now you resort to straight out lies! Now we are getting somewhere... Nowhere have I said nor has anyone said that it is okay to let children drive. You sir are a liar! Glad you showed that to everyone. What I actually said was that children are the responsibility to look after their children! If they let their child drive and he/she caused an accident then the parents would be responsible! And held accountable. You raised the point that we need licenses and rules or kids could drive and kill people! My point was that we have the rules now and still kids drive! The rules you love do NOT stop children driving! Do you understand this very very basic point?

The rules do NOT protect the public! They are not a prevention, they are a punishment! You don't seem to grasp that.

Honestly fella I don't mind you having whatever opinion you like. But at least try to put your point across with some logic and reason! Not assertions and lies...

I am putting my points across with logic and reason, you just don't accept them, which is your right but screaming, shouting and being passionate about something does not make you right! I live in the world we live in, you shout and scream because you want to live in another world!

You see licenses, MOT's and insurance as punishment because you do not want to pay for it, I see them as necessary and understand the reasons why we need to pay for them.

Our opinions differ however, what I am looking forward to is not you defdending Dave (he has shown he is quite capable of doing that himself and as he showed in the video's and responses, trying to have a discussion or reason with him is impossible) but what the outcome of his situation with the law!

Come on Dave did you win? Did you get your car back without getting it registered, MOT'd, insured, taxed and without a government issued ID. If you did, I will apologise and say you were right to stand up to the Police and you have proven that the law is on your side!
edit on 9/10/12 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Government was created to assist it's people living in the territory of said government, they are there to HELP the people of that land, assist and protect. They get paid tax dollars to do this, therefor are paid directly from it's citizens.

With that said, the people of the land, should control the government, and the government be a tool to achieve the people's needs and wants.

It is our duty as the people of our countries to regulate the government and prevent overstepping of grounds, and to constantly challenge such to provide feedback of the system.

But the more time goes on, the more people seem they don't want to deal with those issues and want to leave it all up to the government and now we have issues with companies and certain folks having a little too much power, and pretty much have been regulating the government themselves without any challenge.

It's people like this guy, that makes me happy to be a human, we will constantly challenge what we feel isn't right, and thus we may not have qualms with driving regulations, it's the principal of the matter, and if all stood up for these kinda issues, we'd be in a better place now.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: AEIOU is not a word, nor is hjdfasuyfgbasfyasd, or gybsrufgyeuyfwre, but never forget ibrifguqwerwrwrgwergwre isn't a word either...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by FireballStorm

The Officer must have wanted to call up the Ambulance service and get this guy off to Hospital!!

is that supposed to be funny? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join