It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something you might want to read?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
and yes... I'm American

I am so much more than a person who is "an American", I am... well... for a lack of a better words, an individual who loves, who hates, who truly has a grasp of the '******* up situation that faces humanity. I've spoken about humanity and the evolution of consciousness and the truth about population verses resources and demand as if I had a degree, as if some manifested doctrine has allowed me to perceive reality as it really is. Yet, in the end of the day I have to accept the reality that we truly can not develop an empirical set of data that justifies the means we have rationalized, in regards to relationships(metaphysical? and 'real') or any potential philosophies derived from the latter.

The unfortunate truth about the matter is, we are so wrong about what we pretend to understand about the world and one another, that we can actually rationalize circumstances in which we physically 'remove' opposition from the equation. Now I'm not going to go on a rant about the mathematics or how I think that falling under the notion that 'silencing dissent' is conducive towards the demise of the party who has stake in very said 'silencing of dissent'. Rather, I'd like to focus on a specific frame of reference, and a point of view.... my own.

I'm nothing, I'm a stranger..... you don't know me and anything I have to say may be brushed aside, I have accepted this.... but hear me out.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you'd like to break humanity down into it's most simplistic form you can not escape the roles of self preservation and procreation. This idea should be easily accepted by 'evolutionists' for it parallels the very paradigm of 'Natural Selection' and 'Natural Selection' , as too does it correlate with many theories regarding the evolution of consciousness and innate behavioral pattern or 'inclinations'. Something in which even 'biblical text' followers can appreciate, simply recognizing the advice given that opposes the contrary of many of our beliefs:

Romans 12: 2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

This has lead me to a theory of 'compartmentalization'.... that is to say,

Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

... has lead us to a pivotal point.

It's almost impossible, in the 'age of enlightenment' to pretend that we haven't divided ourselves to the point in which generalizations dominate our understandings or comprehensions of one another. Upon doing so, we attribute false comprehensions of individuals that tends to lead to feelings of 'moral superiority'. Regardless of any debate on 'just war theory' and what Mr. Augustine had to say(lol), lets get down to it, shall we?

Do you have any idea what that leads to, or what it is conducive towards, or even the fallibility in any argument based on any of it' implications?

Here's another definition I want you all to be aware of....

Defining features of contempt

Contempt has five features.[6] Contempt requires a judgment concerning the appearance or standing of the object of contempt. In particular, contempt involves the judgment that, because of some moral or personal failing or defect, the contemned person has compromised his or her standing vis-à-vis an interpersonal standard that the contemnor treats as important. This may have not been done deliberately but by a lack of status. This lack of status may cause the contemptuous to classify the object of contempt as utterly worthless, or as not fully meeting a particular interpersonal standard. Therefore, contempt is a response to a perceived failure to meet an interpersonal standard. Contempt is also a particular way of regarding or attending to the object of contempt, and this form of regard has an unpleasant effective element. However, contempt may be experienced as a highly visceral emotion similar to disgust, or as cool disregard.

Contempt has a certain comparative element. In David Hume's studies of contempt, he suggests that contempt essentially requires apprehending the “bad qualities” of someone “as they really are” while simultaneously making a comparison between this person and ourselves. Because of this reflexive element, contempt also involves what we might term a “positive self-feeling” of the contemptuous. A characteristic of contempt is the psychological withdrawal or distance one typically feels regarding the object of one’s contempt. This psychological distancing is an essential way of expressing one’s nonidentification with the object of one’s contempt and it precludes sympathetic identification with the object of contempt. (Hume, 2002, 251) Contempt for a person involves a way of negatively and comparatively regarding or attending to someone who has not fully lived up to an interpersonal standard that the person extending contempt thinks is important. This form of regard constitutes a psychological withdrawal from the object of contempt.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Ok... I apologize, one more definition for you all to become familiar with:

Cognitive Bias(dissonance)

A cognitive bias is a pattern of deviation in judgment that occurs in particular situations, which may sometimes lead to perceptual distortion, inaccurate judgment, illogical interpretation, or what is broadly called irrationality.[1][2][3] Implicit in the concept of a "pattern of deviation" is a standard of comparison with what is normatively expected; this may be the judgment of people outside those particular situations, or may be a set of independently verifiable facts

en.wikipedia.org...
g lin
Better yet... you can truly do yourself a favor and check out:

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is a list of cognitive Bias'...

We are so caught up in pretending that we 'know'.... that we divide individuals" into a form of a 'caste system' or even a 'pyramid' type construct of society. Just to think... the whole "1%" tagline comes to mind. Where the **** do you think they derived the resources, accumulated or procured their assets from?

You, and your fallibility.

***Revision***

Ahhh screw it lol!!!

Here, simple math... IMO

You = compartmentalization + dissonance +cognitive bias+innate behavioral patterns(particularly defense mechanisms) = false interpretation + emotion + action + tactical deception= Us = fear = hate

We're wrong on soooooo many levels I'm finding it difficult to express our unfortunate reality. If you'd like to expand more on what I've said, or tell me I'm wrong.... please do so.

This might not be something that you had wanted to read... well too bad! I do apologize for taking up your time, although I highly recommend reading up cognitive bias' and compartmentalization... great stuff!!!

"I don't know"

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

as i always think: If you want to grasp the objective Truth, you have to unlearn what you think you know, you have to stop being human. That day you can finally begin to fathom the real reality.

new topics

join