It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking god.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How to Find God

Ranked #23 in Pets & Animals, #1,006 overall

It's a desperate time when you can’t find God. My God Yahweh has gone missing three times, He is normally comes home every one to two hours and never wanders. However, I learned a lot about how to get God back.

Start looking early

Start your search as soon as you realise your God has gone missing, The quicker you get started the less time he has to wander around raising the dead in the neighbour’s back yard. However, if you haven't done this don't despair there's plenty more you do.

Start close by - Gods are territorial and many will rarely leave their cloud unless some serious sin has scared them. Therefore most Gods that go missing are found within a five cloud radius from where they live. Make sure you check your back garden and those of your neighbours thoroughly. Is there any other dimension your God could be trapped or hiding? As you know Gods can be curious and get trapped in all kinds of places.

The first time Yahweh went missing was for five days and we searched everywhere. It wasn't until our neighbour told us he had seen Yahweh walking across our garden pond on day four that we concentrated our search nearby. We put out some Incense for him in the garden at 11pm at that night and spent about an hour praying for him. When we went back inside our house, he creept out to smell the Incense about five minutes later. I couldn't believe it. He had been hiding just by our house. When we took him to our priest, he noticed Yahweh had a bite mark on his leg and said he had probably been in a fight with a demon. My theory is the fight scared him so much he went into survival mode and into hiding where he felt safe.

If you think your God is hiding nearby a good tip is to put out some strong smelling Incense when it gets dark. Do it at the same time every night. Then try and keep watch from a distance to see if your God will venture out. He will venture out when he feels safe which is normally under the cover of night.

Also talk to your neighbours. Local children are also good to ask as they often notice unexpected miracles like their Koolaid turning into wine and will often help you with your search.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

You continually confuse empirical science with new age theology. You might want them to be the same thing, they are not. Limited science might be, with much it is yet to learn, but it doesn't necessarily support the ideas in your head just because you want it to.

what does "immaterial & unlimited" have to do with New age? They are 2 topics covered in philosophy and unlimited is covered in Math ...and yet it's now "new age theology". You'd have a lot of famous philosophers laughing at you for such preposterous labels. The label of something, is never the same as the actual thing

Scientific knowledge is being refined all the time.

That's fine. That doesn't change the original point that a finding can come along and flip upside down everything we thought we knew. For example science may one day have tech to open up worm holes into other dimensions, where there are beings, all of which know that this Absolute Beingness exists, it's common knowledge there, and all of science is based on that and they can prove it mathematically, scientifically, philosophically, experientially, or however way you want. Them being thousands of years beyond us, That would utterly change pretty much everything we know, at least it has the potential to.

Unverified according to any sane rules ie. an empty statement. Personal truths don't automatically become empirical truths. You don't understand this as yet.

How does a truth, that is observed by a person, not empirical?

The word empirical denotes information acquired by means of observation or experimentation.[1] Empirical data are data produced by an observation or experiment. A central concept in modern science and the scientific method is that all evidence must be empirical, or empirically based, that is, dependent on evidence or consequences that are observable by the senses.

There are additional senses. Intuition, feeling, awareness itself. On top of that, following a set of blueprints, as an experiment, and observing the result falls within the confines of empirical if we consider that personal observation is always subjective.

Your claim of "see for yourself" fails, because many have and disagree with your explanations. This leaves you with only a religious type claim, no more.

How is "see for yourself" a religious claim. At this point, no matter what I say, you're going to group it into "religious type claim". I can state "consciousness is inherently non-localized" ...each of those words themselves being devoid of religion, common to science, common to the English language, and something that science will eventually admit to ...As a mystic then I can say "lungs are used to breath oxygen," but for you, anything I say at this point is "religious type claim".

No, I'm saying (as I have said continuously and which you are yet to comprehend) the experience counts for a lot, I have found it myself. The explanation, faculties and interpretation you give personally to such experience is questionable. Again, I am not doubting the experience, I doubt YOU. Do you understand?

IF you doubt me, as I am inherently the same as you, then doubt yourself, doubt all scientists, doubt everything and everybody. At this point then there is no truth, nothing is sure, and there is no no point to deeply explore anything, cause why explore something that's in doubt.

I say it can't (and back it up the same way you do). So do the "mystics" you claim do the opposite. Your interpretation of it can be. If you find it subjective, keep looking, because you haven't found it yet.

Regardless, whatever is found, still ends up being "subjective" to everyone it is explained to. Sure the Subjective Observer may be an illusion in all this, and the Illusion being seen results in the Oneness, or Absolute experience, however ...in explaining these things, subjectivity is formed.

On top of that I have found that certain organs correlate to certain states of Consciousness, as portals to leave the body, and return to it. Many many other things.

Ever wondered why these same "mystics" don't mention soul or god and seem to indicate that by stopping the mind, illumination comes on it's own?

1 of hundreds of ways there. Another 1 Being, selflessly Loving everything/everyone without distinction. Those same Mystics who say "stopping the mind" brings illumination, are the same one's who use the mind to explain that it works that way. Furthermore, Soul, is scenery along the way to God, and merges with God.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Apparently everything in this universe/existence that we experience is god's dream. A fascinating concept. It might be better to look into it to see if it supports such substance dualism

If this is the case, then there is a way to experience the dreamer, to access this dreamer, to Lucid dream.

Ever genuinely considered classical scientific explanations (seems unlikely). Have you tried to understand what this person is claiming, or did you just put it up because it sounds "quantum"?

Yes I put this up because I spent 2-3 weeks after watching the vid, exploring each of those points in depth. I've experienced reality and myself as an Illusion, my merging with Reality, as Oneness. However that doesn't mean that it's just that.

1 Famous Non-dual Mystic who realized all these things said that the correct answer isn't the Non-dual state only. It's the following: The Dual State, The Non-dual State, Both, and None.

Coincidentally, just like in the Bose-Eistein condensate, when atoms are taken as cloase as possible to absolute zero freezing temp, atoms become strings, and they're everywhere and no-where at the same time.

I have a theory that perhaps God, might be the Quantum State/Soup that underlies all of reality. Of course we need a PHd to eventually substantiate or publish or offer some theories or formulas for that to be taken seriously be science.

This doesn't mean they are true, or that the "respected" scientist necessarily endorses it, or is necessarily even aware of it.

It's funny because certain scientific conclusions and theories I came to early on, before knowing anything about what the bleep and Deepak chopra, were some of the ideas/theories covered by these, and there is a Phd theoretical physicist name Amit Goswami, who covers alot of it. When I found Goswami, I was like "WOW, exactly the conclusions I came to." But you know ...Goswami is 1 guy, versus the pop materislts view of the day. However it starts with one guy.

Just like flight, the earth being round, and quantum physics was all once considered Woo, so too what you consider "woo" today, may all become official science within due time. I wish I can be there the day when what you take to be "Woo" scientists starts to consider as legit. The look on your face would be priceless and worthy of a good laugh between us both

Still waiting for anything indicating you genuinely have the experience you claim.

I can give my personal blueprints on how I got there, which I have to others, and you can test for yourself. What's there to gain for lying about this?None, if it's lies and ingenuity that it's only to myself and there is nothing to gain personally as I'm not asking for others to join any religions, cults, to be my followers, none of that.

A couple of simple words could have done it. Keep looking, you might stop making religious claims about it and start finding it one day.

Ha! Many religions were built around individuals who found this!!! Many people within religions also find this. Many who are not in any religions find this as well. Regardless the claims have to be made so others can know about it. If no one said anything, it'd still be one big secret, and just because someone makes some claims and has theories, doesn't mean they haven't found "It".

You might even consider other explanations, even scientific ones, who knows?

I frickin LOVE science and see all of it as intertwined with Spirituality. I get mystical epiphanies when contemplating the size of the Universe and Infinite Math, such as that put forth by Georg Cantor (like in my signature). Cantor to me was a Mathematical Mystic and his quotes are like scripture and Koans to me ...all from a Mathematician !!!!!

Sadly, 1 guy, (Amit Goswami) gets it and is putting certain theories out there, and has a Phd. Add to that the vid I posted, which to me is starting to connect certain key pieces to the puzzle, and were finally slowly getting ready to emerge from what I have considered, up to this point, the dark ages of science. We're going to soar like Eagles and destroy all limits once Spirituality machines are released.

I personally know of a Neuroscientist who I have been in touch with for a few years who has a machine that activates the Pineal gland, which then activates Awareness/consciousness, and loosens it from the body so it can be no-local. He's had a 100% success rate when using it people, however he's in a lot of red tape right now because some of the test subject's psyche's were not ready for these experiences. Same 3rd eye talked about in many religions for the past 2000+ years (who's behind who then?)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

There is no prayer in my reality. It's merely acknowledgement and awe of the Ineffable Infinite. It's a constant stream of epiphanies, gratefulness for every day of existence, for having food, clothes, and a roof over my head when there are others worse off than me. There is also asking for guidance through intuition. You'd be surprised if you knew many examples of what this means. One woman put it out there long enough, using intention & visualization, and won the Lotto. Yea it took 3-4 months, but still.I've seen crazy things as well. Regardless for it to work requires persistence and being genuine. Yes I don't understand these things myself, so not much to say. Definitely possible

I feel you might be given to more than the occasional mystical "flight of fancy". This is pure charlatanism, it is the new age pseudo mysticism/science/woo that "The Secret" or "how to manifest" type nonsense is built on. Scepticism is always appropriate for your type of claims of "mystical" knowledge.

It also appears we are talking of very different things. It seems you are talking about what are basically vivid dreams or "obe" type experiences which is a fascinating subject that deserves more study, at least in some areas (nde etc). Though vivid, realistic and convincing they may be, in general though they offer a view into the mind and psychology of the one experiencing it and can amount to personal fantasy. It can be explained via psychology rather than the more exotic. There is already a scientific explanation for your "non local" idea.

It doesn't matter how many scientists you "know". This gives no more weight relevance to your personal claims and probably makes it harder for genuine scientists to be taken seriously. It seems another instance of reinterpretation to squeeze religion into science. If they claim as you do, they are charlatans also.

I notice the bar is dropping all the time for what religious ideas like god and the soul are supposed to be, it's just consciousness now.
It won't matter what is found, "mystics" such as yourself will find a way to make it religious. I guess you could label anything you like this way and no doubt if you have the concept in your head, perhaps even subconsciously, you could have any manner of experiences to match. Whether it would be real being another thing entirely.

I am talking of something very different to what would normally be called an "obe". Rather, the underlying and fundamental aspect of cognizance itself minus anything that could be called a concept, idea, a thought or the mind (such as souls etc). Something that can only appear in the complete absence of these things and makes such beliefs seem not only superfluous, but a bit silly. Something beyond subjectivity, yet more than that. That requires no particular concept, space or time, because they are irrelevant. If you experience it you will know what I mean.

Whether an illusory/fantasy fluke of neurons and chemical processes, or something that could redefine existence itself in many ways, science will understand it one day.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I feel you might be given to more than the occasional mystical "flight of fancy". This is pure charlatanism, it is the new age pseudo mysticism/science/woo that "The Secret" or "how to manifest" type nonsense is built on. Scepticism is always appropriate for your type of claims of "mystical" knowledge.

I used to think this same way and found it, later in life, to be a prison of thought and a prison of limits. Until I saw for myself that many of these things were true in my reality. Now I look at your view and labels of all of this and simply see an old mental prison that I myself was once entrapped in.

If you don't think "thought" has any effect on reality and that it's all "Woo" then the double slit observer experiment is woo also.
Woman visualizes winning $112 Million, and months later wins!

Princeton Study; Simple thought effects the outcome of random number generators

Your "Woo" needs re-examination. I think that how you view everything, label it, is all "Woo"

It also appears we are talking of very different things. It seems you are talking about what are basically vivid dreams or "obe" type experiences which is a fascinating subject that deserves more study, at least in some areas (nde etc). Though vivid, realistic and convincing they may be, in general though they offer a view into the mind and psychology of the one experiencing it and can amount to personal fantasy. It can be explained via psychology rather than the more exotic. There is already a scientific explanation for your "non local" idea.

Or it will prove that there is a non-local consciousness that does not need a body/brain to exist and has a source.

It doesn't matter how many scientists you "know". This gives no more weight relevance to your personal claims and probably makes it harder for genuine scientists to be taken seriously. It seems another instance of reinterpretation to squeeze religion into science. If they claim as you do, they are charlatans also.

Neuroscientist describes the Bias and taboo-ness against Consciouness that still exists within Science, amongst other things...
We have a Neuroscientist here, at the very forefront of Consciousness studies within Science, who has a first hand look of what's going on, and he's describing how there is still Scientists out there viewing Consciousness/Subjectivity as "Woo" and as result Science is moving slow and is in it's infancy in regards to what we know about Consciousness.

It's the whole "Woo" attitude that prevents growth & evolution in knowledge. Charlatans are the those who issue the "Woo" label an everything they don't understand.

I notice the bar is dropping all the time for what religious ideas like god and the soul are supposed to be, it's just consciousness now. It won't matter what is found, "mystics" such as yourself will find a way to make it religious. I guess you could label anything you like this way and no doubt if you have the concept in your head, perhaps even subconsciously, you could have any manner of experiences to match. Whether it would be real being another thing entirely.

The "bar dropping" according to who? Who set's these bars? Are we now limited to what can be discussed, theorized, and looked into based on some "standards bars" that are themselves limited and inherently flawed by the bias of popular thought?

A bicycle has many different names/labels for it as there are languages in existence. Someone calling Consciousness, the Soul, Awareness, center of subjectivity, or a vast array of other words, doesn't in anyway change the existence of consciousness itself.

You seem to have sooo much hatred and disgust for Religion that it's impossible for you to admit that they may have been right about certain things
edit on 1-11-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am talking of something very different to what would normally be called an "obe". Rather, the underlying and fundamental aspect of cognizance itself minus anything that could be called a concept, idea, a thought or the mind (such as souls etc). Something that can only appear in the complete absence of these things and makes such beliefs seem not only superfluous, but a bit silly.

And yet everything you just wrote above, is being described using concepts, ideas, and thought, or the mind. What your speaking of, very well may be an aspect of concepts, ideas, and thought, or the mind.

On the other hand, what your talking about, is One of the the ways to get to this experience. It's the dropping of all thoughts, mid, concepts, ideas. SOmething Buddhists do, something Early Christians used to do with taming the mind, something done in Monasteries around the world all within the frameworks and under the guise of "Religion"!

Something beyond subjectivity, yet more than that. That requires no particular concept, space or time, because they are irrelevant. If you experience it you will know what I mean.

If you experience it, then it is a subjective experience. If you've experienced something beyond subjectivity, it's still subjective. Plus your description of this is all conceptual ideas based on thought for the sake of communication, of which if you really have experienced something like this, know how to re-create this or show others how to get to this ...... if you created a scientific or philosophical manual on this based on your opinion and had people starting to meet around this very manual ....well I think you can see where this is going.

You may have had honest intentions originally, and eventually a group of folks would organize around your ideas and create a branch of thought, somebody further down the line would start to argue that only the way "Cogito, Ergo Sum" put, is the only right way to get this ....and the rest is history.

Now take that example you can start to logically re-examine all the other Org's with blueprints and manuals that are out there and realize the same thing occurred with them.

Whether an illusory/fantasy fluke of neurons and chemical processes, or something that could redefine existence itself in many ways, science will understand it one day.

Yes I agree. They'll find it if it's true ......even thought they considered "consciousness "Woo" just 15-20 years ago, and many in science still do. It's a sad shame when Bias and Labels prevent us from further studying certain areas of thought/reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The problem with Genesis, is the translation, not the story. Properly translated, earth was not made 6000 years ago, There are no conflicting stories and the mistakes are gone.

These people proved it.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

One must understand that we are all sons of god,
and that we are apart of the whole.
genesis is a sumerian rewrite and is riddled with metaphors.

i would like you to take a look at my thread, and maybe it will help you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

My question is : Is it possible to be a christian but not believe in Genesis and still think the Big Bang theory is right and that singularity, all 4 forces and inflation are products of God? Or one can not simply chooses as it fits him and must take the whole package?
reply to post by AdamLaw

Before reading any of the replies after your initial post I wanted to ask this question.....is it mandatory you put a label on yourself such as christian or any other religion?

If you are seeking and believe certain things that don't fit into one particular box of any particular religion isn't that YOUR belief and your truth? You will find your answers that are right for you at this moment. Those can change as you grow and continue to seek. Why do you have to fit your beliefs under a title of organized religion?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamLaw
Hello guys, I have started a thread yesterday about how an Atheist could become a christian. I must say that i got a lot of u2u replies and replies in the thread also that gave me great insight in how to find God.

Is it possible to be a christian and not give up cosmological evolution. I think that the main thing keeping me away from God is not a lack of faith in a Creator itself but a disbelief in the the whole premise of Genesis.

I mean, I love the whole concept of salvation through the Son of God, and the amazing teachings of Jesus. But even if I seek God all my life, It is impossible for me to deny cosmological evolution(until proven otherwise by science anyways).

My question is :

Is it possible to be a christian but not believe in Genesis and still think the Big Bang theory is right and that singularity, all 4 forces and inflation are products of God? Or one can not simply chooses as it fits him and must take the whole package?

edit on 7-10-2012 by AdamLaw because: (no reason given)

First, the Bible never says how old the earth is, no matter how they try. On the first day it was already here otherwise you couldn't have the first morning and the first day. You need a rotating planet to have that, so it was already here.

Secondly, God did say " Let the Earth bring forth the living creature" did He not ? So right there even the Bible does not dispute the possibility of some form of evolution, so the jury will be out on it for quite some time. He also told the seas to bring forth life and it did. But notice it was the earth and the sea that brought the life forms forth.

Lastly, God, who exists outside of creation, created what we see. He also entered into it and became a man in order to complete what Adam was supposed to do which was to say no to satan. Then he was crucified as payment for the original inherited defect called sin which we all have. We can only have it removed by dying and being reborn. That accepting what Jesus did as enough for your sins and at that point you become a new creature in Christ. If you are sincere in your post. then I hope you can find God, but in the end you will have to make up your mind by what you believe and cannot necessarily see.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join