The healthcare law

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have kidney failure. Because of healthcare Im able to get my prescription free at my dialysis center without the healthcare Im paying 259 dollars a treatment every other day now I hear all the time that obamacare will raise taxes. First yea taxes will rise on less then two percent of the population and save us 716 billion dollars over the next ten years. So the question I ask is. Is it right for me not to have healthcare?

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread, closing thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. I've had to remove your entire post as it goes against our policies.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

edit on 10/8/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sadly quite a few people will say it's your fault for not having insurance. Strangely enough these are the same people that cry about "death panels".

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cordero

The way I see it, is that under Obamacare many people are finally getting a return on their investments (taxes) that they can use. I prefer that my taxes are used for healthcare rather than bailing out the banks (whatever happened to "Free Market") or corporate welfare.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I understand what your saying. I'm in the middle class with no insurance. My husband is Native American and works as a supervisor for his tribe, he recieves no health benefits because he receives benefits from the tribe itself. But, I'm white so the tribal health insurance is only for tribal members. I work part-time jobs that offer no health insurance. I google health insurance for me and I either pay $350-1000 a month for basic insurance and $21 for bull crap dental insurance that covers nothing to half with an 18 month waiting period. We make too much to get government aid. The local dental clinic has a 4 month new patient list, I need my cavities fixed ASAP, but have no option but out of pocket to these over priced dentists.
What I don't get is if you have insurance the insurance company pays nothing to the dentist, maybe $50 for a $300 procedure, but no insurance and its full price for you. Either you have to be dirt poor to get full benefits or be one of the lucky ones to get a job with benefits. The problem no one is offering a job with benefits, everything is part time.
I want obamacare, because I'm one of the few who falls through the cracks of the healthcare system. Make too much to get government help, but not rich enough to afford it all on my own. What do you do?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

Yea my ma has no insurance either and she hs asthma and sorry for flagging your post I'm on a phone

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I believe everybody should have healthcare. We shouldn't have to get to the point of death to get healthcare its wrong

top topics

join