It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothetical scenario - what would you do???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I would run around knifing zombies until I turned into a zombie/was devoured.

Little background information, I have zero desire to survive in an end of the world scenario.
edit on 10/22/12 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's raining, so first things first I'd leave my canteen propped open to catch rain water, whilst I scale a tree. I'd carefully find a secure and sheltered spot in the branches and look for a distinctive landmark , or search for smoke (which may hint at the other survivors). I'd spend at least an hour up the tree looking for clues or movement, or for clues with wildlife like birds erupting from trees or animals running from something.

The next stage would be to collect my full canteen and look for any disturbances in the ground (small pockets of rainwater) and try and guess if those impressions are human shaped or animal. If they're human shaped, then they're mine as I've seen nothing else since the sun came up. I'd then try and carefully, quietly follow the tracks back to the cabin (looking out for dried wood or potential fuel or clues or maybe a thick club to use as a weapon). All the while, keeping my ears open for noises and cracking branches or voices.

If I don't get lost, then I'll hopefully be back at the cabin, ready to survey the carnage. First I'd check for zombies, if nothing then I'd check for survivors and equipment and check for signs of life (hot kettles? a lit fire?) then if there's no sign of life or clues, I'd rustle up as much equipment and supplies, clothes and food as I could comfortably carry from the cabin, leave a note to my companions and tell them I'd meet them on the road outside the woods where there's less chance of getting lost.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Unless an extreme emergency breaches all our defences and a virus is therefore unable to be cured due to lack of resources, our organisation will be able to handle all apocalypse-causing viruses. That does not mean, however that you should not prepare for such an eventuality.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Unless an extreme emergency breaches all our defences and a virus is therefore unable to be cured due to lack of resources, our organisation will be able to handle all apocalypse-causing viruses. That does not mean, however that you should not prepare for such an eventuality.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I would make my way up to a high point where I could start a large bonfire, as well as have a place nearby to watch who shows up in case the walking dead chose to see what was cooking. I would occupy my time finding food and making a high shelter above the tree line. I would find a really tall tree that had enough branches where I could make a floor out of materials I gathered. Since this is the apocalypse I would not venture into civilization. I would stay where I am and try to make the best of the situation.

I would focus on my shelter, trying to make it as zombie proof as possible. I assume they can't climb a tree. It would have to be on a high mountain top, where food was readily available. I would look for natural growing fruits and start a little orchard to attract wild game. I would hunt from the trees, making a bow, and keep improving my shelter.

If I found a large enough tree with several strong branches I could place a floor on it made of other branches, I would do so.

I would try and make my first hunt sooner than later to get some better material for cloths as well as material for a bow. The bond fire would be to try and attract the attention of air craft sill flying and other survivors, maybe my friends. I would have to set traps around the shelter though, fall pits and other such traps, no spring loaded traps since the dead are already dead and they would only hurt the living.

If I really needed to, I would make my way towards the nearest town or road for supplies. Mostly parts from an abandoned car to strip, or a town for pots, and other useful things.

If I found a hunting shed , my cabin or another cabin, I would use what I found there and just pillage it and avoid populated areas.I wouldnt stay there either.

If in the first weeks my friends didn't make contact with me by the bonfire, I would only light it after if I saw air planes overhead, or I heard people.

I would live out my days in the woods. My family would have to not exist though, because if not, I would immediately venture into hell itself for the chance of saving them.

edit on 2-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
With enough search I'm sure I could find my way back to the cabin. Then when I did I'd better fortify it and hope that my friends return. Then I'd make a bow and arrow and go deer hunting.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Okay I'm gonna give you a hypothetical scenario. You tell me what you'd do okay.

You're in a zombie apocalypse. You and 5 other acquaintances got chased out of a cabin in the middle of the night, as a large group of zombies tried to break in. The cabin had the only road leading back to the main roads.

You ran off into the woods by yourself, and in the chaos everyone got separated from the others. You sneaked around the woods for a while but ended up getting hopelessly lost.

Good news is you don't hear any walkers and it's morning twilight by now; and all you have on you is a bic lighter a pocket knife and a canteen of water, that might last a day or two if you're lucky. Bad news is it started raining, your not freezing but your a bit cold, as your not well dressed, plus your lost.

The woods you're in stretch all the way up into Canada so if you go the wrong way you could die. The cabin could be close by but your not sure anymore where? So could your friends. And so could the walkers.

What do you do over the next 48 hours to try and improve your survival situation? Explain how you'd go about doing each step?

edit on 7-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

I think I would just wake up and try not to go back to sleep for awhile. That would be a terrible nightmare to have. I hate having dreams where you work all night and wake up just before getting paid.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SIDRAT

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grimbeeper3

Exactly what we said, viruses should not be able to get past us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join