It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX Dragon launched to ISS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery
reply to post by thePharaoh

You must be fun to have for a next-door neighbor.

im even more fun living under your stairs

lol
edit on 8-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I don't see your point.
The US has been launching classified satellites for years and never discloses anything about them except the fact that they're being launched and a few scarce pieces of information, like this announcement from 2000:

www.spaceandtech.com...

SpaceX might launch such satellites too, but how will that change anything?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

i guess your waiting for the day richard branson beams into your dreams, to sell you a plane ticket, before you react hey

peace

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Even with the clouds that is still an awesome video. I didn't even see your post when I made my last response. Sorry to leave you out! Great camera work! Thanks for sharing!

I don't see what's funny either... I was about to post this, but sleep had taken precedent and I didn't know about it until this morning. Just as jra said, the fact that there was this anomaly and Dragon is still able to make it to the ISS is pretty impressive. This is a contingency that was planned for in the design and it's great to see a plan come together so smoothly.

Also, it's great to see you're still around jra and using the Arrow as your avatar.

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Here are a couple more images of the engines and fairings. It looks like it's just the outer four are within the fairings, while the other five are within the main body of the rocket.

Where do you keep getting this idea that they're up to no good from? Why do you think the government with all of its NRO and other classified launches tells you everything they're up to? And so what if the government outsources some of its launches to private companies? It's better than us outsourcing a lot of launches to other nations because we haven't had the capabilities for the past few years. I'm only curious because you keep stating your opinions, but nothing about what helped you develop them.

jra

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
you dont think your being idealistic

Please show me where I was being idealistic.

they could be spying..arming...anything...and they dont have to disclose a thing

I can't imagine why a private company would need spy satellites of there own or weapons in space, but what you described is exactly what the US Military space program does. They launch classified payloads all the time. So I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Also, it's great to see you're still around jra and using the Arrow as your avatar.

Likewise and yeah. I don't think I've changed my avatar since I first started coming here

edit on 9-10-2012 by jra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join