It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way of All Sadness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have suffered and known sorrow. I am not alone in this. I have watched those I love suffer and know their own sorrow. At times, I have wondered if the point of life is, in fact, suffering. But even as I lie in darkness, I feel that hope is just on the periphery, that vague sense of light even when no light can be seen. I feel the same as I bask in the brightness of the sun. Which has lead me to believe that life ultimately answers its own question, regardless of whether that life is joyous or sorrowful, fulfilling or regretful, seemingly purposeful or meaningless. We are the answer to the question why in our passing from the existence to the next.

But, the fact that the only true certainty in life is death is not a reason to grieve or be sorrowful; it is a reason to rejoice and celebrate, as it means that every moment we live is an extraordinary circumstance.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Such is life, If not now, when ?

To worry about this or that only distracts you from the current moment, do what you can now, or do what you can, when you can, do not be consumed by it, be constructive and conscious(aware) in thought, and enjoy the time of no mind(peace) otherwise.

Muzz

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

My Father once told me, "We are all born to die and nobody gets out of this life alive...but Son, the trick is to make the journey between worth it."

He wasn't a fun guy to be around, but I still love him.

join