It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i just felt a tremor. Chicago area!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I had just let the puppies out, and in my yard i felt a quick "Shake". It lasted probably two to three seconds.
At first i thought it was me, But i could hear the flower pots tapping the concrete fence that they are next to.
Can anyone from the Chicago area verify this? Was it just me or did it really happen?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I didn't feel anything and I was just outside. but I'll keep you posted!
try putting two glass things right next to each other. I remember when that EQ hit us a few years ago I had piggy banks on a shelf and I could hear them clanking up to a minute before the EQ hit. that's actually what woke me up before the EQ.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
None reported.

Always check here: earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'm in the Chicago area - didn't feel anything

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Southwest of the city here... no rumble.

Could be a road crew doing work. It's supposed to get below freezing tonight.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't see much going on here.
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Maybe someone could take a second look?
edit on 7-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

With the rumblings in Wisconsin, I'd say this could be of importance. COULD BE, geesh....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

To be fair the member doesn't seem to have posted much and it's easy to put something in the wrong forum. I do tire of the OMG earthquake threads though. ATS seems to have a communal lust for anything potentially catastrophic. I always laugh at the 2.4 EQ in Alaska/CA wherever threads.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

With the rumblings in Wisconsin, I'd say this could be of importance. COULD BE, geesh....

Yep....TPTB in conjunction with the FBI, CIA, NSA and the Disney corporation, used a localised earthquake generator on the OP's flower pots to upset the balance of the universe, creating a time vortex to harvest unicorn farts for use as a power source for the i-phone 6.

edit on 7/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ah, I see, they should have put it in chit chat, sorry.

Star for your humorous post.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I suppose it would be just as bad as posting about wow game crashing? A little pot calling the kettle black today huh? Lighten up, let us know if you feel anything else op.
edit on Sun Oct 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was in gary, in, felt nothing.......not even the gunshots i always hear in chicago...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
I was in gary, in, felt nothing.......not even the gunshots i always hear in chicago...

If you're in Gary, you're probably hearing the gunshots coming from Gary.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm in the north side, didn't feel anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not in the area but the last time I "let the puppies out" it was her that felt the trembling.

(You can't say that!)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Don't worry about naysayers , you're a little worried , totally understandable !
Incidentally , I live North of Chi-town about an hour and a half, in the last month I've felt several (maybe 5) light tremors....nothing serious , but it was enough to make me sit up and look out the window to see if a truck was driving by , they're not allowed on our subdivisions streets. Also , we had a random EQ in McHenry,Il in the last year , seriously random,lol. I don't know what my tremors were but I don't rule anything out.

thanks for the post....stay safe.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I clicked on the thread and the OP said they felt something and was wondering if it was possibly an EQ. They didn't say it WAS one and didn't do the OMG stuff, just asked if anybody else felt anything and if it was one or if it could be something else.

Isn't that one of the things we're supposed to do? Verify with others to see if we were mistaken?
Good post OP, sorry people jumped all over you.

Glad it turns out that it wasn't an EQ.

for the folks who communicated instead of attacking

(It's Monday morning and I removed my weekend brain last night and put my teacher brain in, so I'm all calm and stuff
)

edit on 8-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It clearly didn't dawn on you to read the whole thread. Or did you selectively skip over the post where I linked my own research and asked for a second opinion.

By the way, my link would be better to use since your link wouldn't show anything under a M1. If you want reliable sources try Usgs.gov for quakes. The incident map won't upgrade quakes either, so if/when a real person looks at the seismos and decides to change things, your little site there won't reflect that.

Now are you over your hissy fit. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to join it. Especially accusing people of something you obviously have your own problems doing.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Too bad you're not the OP. It's up to him/her to do the research and provide links for what they claim.That's what I was getting at.As for my link not showing anything under M1..I'm pretty sure you can't feel anything under that either.So that point is moot.More then likely the OP felt a train or something go by. I'm sure this post will be removed as well for being "off topic".

edit on 8-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join