It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for Americans: What is REALLY Going on?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Thanks for reading my post and making your comments. I didn't expect feedback. But I appreciate it... ha ha.

It is the truth though. When people understand what came before they begin to see.

But you know I expect this remains a reality most will be too afraid to accept (particularly perhaps those in the west, and those who watch their TV without question). For these people a shared illusion is far more reassuring.

The answer to the OPs question can be found by observing and thinking. Too many of us simply react instead. That does unfortunately make them a bit like those woolly things I talked about.

The aim of this ongoing psyops - such as I mention above - is to deceive us and hide the truth. We are simply not supposed to know our history, to take notice of simple cause and the effect. We are not supposed to join the dots when we learn about what came before.

See my signature below this post, because this is what the elite do not want us to do. To wake up. That would mean we, all of us 99%, who make everything in this world nature does not, would rid ourselves of these parasites. We must change the system we live under to meet human need. We must not give in and give up.

Yes, but, time to walk the dog and breath some fresh air..
edit on 8-10-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There's something going on, indeed. there's a lót going-on, even.

Buuut... That's the net-result of information being freely distributed globally.
Something that was unheard of in the earlier days where newspapers, radio, and TV selected the news we were shown.

The góod thing about it, is that we are more&more starting to think as a "global organism" We sign Avaaz-petitions, tweet&twitter with protesters in countries on the other side of the world. Buy what we desire from the other side of the globe! And having it on our doorsteps in 3 days (real Hawaï shirts from Hawaii, most recently in my case
)

English has become the "lingua-franca" of the global stage, where in earlier times, several languages vied for dominance. Everybody comprehending the same language is a revolution on it's own. A revolution started by The Web.

Today, we live in a rather unique, New World Order (yes, I said it) However, it is nót the NWO that the power-brokers had in mind. Hence the turmoil in the Middle-East, and our ability to closely monitor that, without interference from newspapers, TV and such. The MSM are -basically- caught "with their pants down" by active bloggers from allover the globe.

The world of finance is another branch of those "with their pants down". The current disarray on the World-Markets, is a direct result of their connectivity. "Flash-transactions" weren't possible befóre computer-algorithms. In théir case, they went under from their own success. Yes, in the 30's they didn't need a PC to instigate a market-crash.

However..

The difference today is, many people are, more or less, awáre of how the financial scammery works. A rather unwelcome by-product of people's instant acces to information.
I sincérely doubt that a normal citizen in the 30's knew how the markets scammed them. Nowadays everybody understands the way how f.i. Sub-prime works. It makes it véry hard for the professional scammers to come-up with something they, themselves understand.

Also one of the reasons of the sheer panic that has a choke-hold on many a Dictator and/or theocracy.... They are in disarray, unable to adapt, and thusly trying to squelch the info by violence, the only way they dó understand. Sucks to be them, because their violent intervening, only made things worse for them.

In the days of yore, we were nicely sheltered from the happenings on a global scale. No longer so. Again, we are in the proces of becoming a "global society"

This "Global Society" fills a lot of people with a localized sense of community, with a deep dread. Some swallow and go on. Others try to halt the Global community with bombs and violence. To no avail, I might add. We are on this steam-train, thundering forward in an unbelievable speed.

We hardly get the time to breathe, and the next development drops on our doorstep. It's exhillerating for me, but I can imagine that less flexible minds feel forlorn, lost in a forest of possibilities they can no longer oversee,let alone grasp to ponder in a balanced way.

So, net-result is a sudden grasping-back to old securities, religion, nation-states, culture etc. The things that give us the illusion of security, comprehensability.

For some, it goes even further, and they try to fit the chaotic nature of The World in nice, clean&comprehensible conspiracies on a global level.
Well, in reality, conspiracies dó happen, but they are álways small-scale. On a grander scale, the secrecy becomes untenable. Simple as that.

Oh, and something to ponder: Dictatorships have a shelf-life of about 30 to 50 years. I cannot directly find the research, but plotted against the current flock of imploding states inthe ME, it seems about right.

Bottomline: things seem to change in breakneck speed. That might scare You, but it's the logical result of a completely new paradigm, started through the bloodless revolution of the "information Society"

The connectiveness of us, humans, is únprecedented. Sociologists, psychologists, economists , heck, conspiracy theorists, áll of them are completely lost, because there is, simply said, "no precedent" in the past, for the world of today. Nóthing to hold-on to from the past.

Information Technology has changed the world in a way that we couldn't even predict when we were already felt "mighty connected" on 9k6 modems and bulletin-boards in the 80's

Think about it: I am trying to re-assure someone on the other side of the world in -almost- real time, despite the fact that I do nót know You.. We are engaging in a round-table discussion with unknown people, waaaaaay out of our localized, national communities. Something that in the Past, could only be accomplished by the elite through travel, and slow, arduous correspondence.

Isn't that, like, the móst amazing thing?

(PS to make matters worse for those with a certain apprehension towards IT:It's accellerating. Apparently nerve-cells líke growing on Silicum.....
)
edit on 9/10/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dutchmilpo

The connectiveness of us, humans, is únprecedented. Sociologists, psychologists, economists , heck, conspiracy theorists, áll of them are completely lost, because there is, simply said, "no precedent" in the past, for the world of today. Nóthing to hold-on to from the past.

Not knowing what came before is a good start to becoming "completely lost".

Your entire post content is the absolute antithesis of what I am saying. Your postmodern/ poststructural mental dillydallying with multiple microcosms, connectivity theory, paradigms etc, and chosing to ignore the continuity of historical fact reveals nothing about the world and could never begin to answer the OPs question. No more than you could if you were to spend an entire day gazing at your own navel.

Here is my suggestion to you... Wake up.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by dutchmilpo

Not knowing what came before is a good start to becoming "completely lost".

Your entire post content is the absolute antithesis of what I am saying. Your postmodern/ poststructural mental dillydallying with multiple microcosms, connectivity theory, paradigms etc, and chosing to ignore the continuity of historical fact reveals nothing about the world and could never begin to answer the OPs question. No more than you could if you were to spend an entire day gazing at your own navel.

Here is my suggestion to you... Wake up.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

Reality hurts, doesn't it?

Whose navel are You staring at?

If this "waking-up" You allude too involves a hateful, fearful kicking and screaming about conspiracies, psyops, and a general spite towards those that try to seriously understand -understand, nót predict- the global impact of f.i. instant communication, I'll pass, Thank You very much.

What part of "unprecenented" escaped You? (With Your "dillydalling" about "continuity" of historical facts?? What "continuity? The fact that we still use Twitter, like the Pharao's did? That the Phoenicians could glaze-over complete continents with nukes? Oh.... Wait...)

Let's just state, for the record, that I am nót a "world-ender/apocalyptic/we're all gonna die" follower. It makes for a different world-view.

Very sorry if that makes You uncomfortable. Really, I am. A majority of posts on ATS show that people try to package unpredictable chaos into neat, little sachets. "illuminati" "psy-ops" "aliens" éverything is used to clasp on to. Èverything allowed to keep the illusion that stuff is inherently "logic"

Sorry, it isn't, but it ís absolutely possible to discern trends and project on the basis of those trends, yet, there always remains the odd chance that something throws a spanner in the works. Any scientist worth his/her mettle agrees on that.

*shrugs* Let's agree to disagree without letting different world-views devolve into a p1$$1ng contest between Anglo-saxon and Continental European Philosophies hrm?
edit on 10/10/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We're Americans, we're third generation partiers.

I remember when the word "party" still was only a noun.
A time when it wouldn't make any sense to say "Let's go party" than it would to say "Let's go bakery". Dude. A party, used to be a place.

Not a consumerist lifestyle.

We used to make things in this country that didn't break.
And one could find someone who could make a good couch. Even design it for you.

But now we get generic three sizes for all,
crap designed to poison our postures,
and drown us in information.

What [color=gold]is the difference between knowledge and informaiton?
.[color=gold]Knowledge does not [color=gold] change.
.[color=gold]Information does.

We are being starved of knowledge
while simultaniously being drowned in informaiton.

Did you even know
that furniture can be customized to
your exact dimensions.

How do your clothes fit.

Anyone in your extended family know how to sew.

Do you have an extended family?

Hell, ever even met a shoe maker?

I have.
In south Korea.

We Americans are third generation partiers.
But we're sobering up, and we're getting back to work.

Even our pop culture is willing to admire
another country, if it works hard enough
to inspire. And I found the south Korean's
harder working than the Japanese. If it's
possible to believe. A people worth looking up too.

I mean have you seen this?
It's from, like only six days ago.
Americans are far too weak, right now
to have any kind of audience with such zeitgeist!
But traditional family values, and a strong ethic are making a comeback.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 10-10-2012 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

while simultaniously being drowned in information.

Oooh.. I líke that one. Do You mind if I use that in my sig?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dutchmilpo

while simultaniously being drowned in information.

Oooh.. I líke that one. Do You mind if I use that in my sig?

Sure!
Such flattery.
Oops[size=0], shouldn't have said that out loud.
Of course, I would be honored.
Here have a drink to go with that new sig.

Mike Grouchy

Get it? the glass is knowledge, the liquid information...
edit on 11-10-2012 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

And I say, "Heyyyyyyyyyyaaayayaya!" What's going on?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join