Born again... and again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

So, for people coming up with all of these other past memories that are documented, where do they come from?

Do you mean for them to tell of an event in the past during this time period?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The stories where people can recall other people's lives during this life cycle. (i.e. knowing others relatives names, life events, etc.)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Ever heard of sea turtles knowing exactly where they were born even from hundreds of miles away? I think that is a good example of this "bleed over" effect you mentioned.

Every living thing is born with natural instincts like fear of heights, fight or flight, etc. Where did we get these instincts? From past experiences.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I said that you ditched Christianity a long time ago, and that was all.

And "that was" wrong.
I never "ditched" any theological school of thought.
I'm keeping my mind open, because even as a little bitty girl, I didn't think the "scriptures" were telling the truth.

But I do know that Jesus is recorded as saying, "I am Son of Man."

And also (according to multiple translations) said, "You must be born again."

My kitty is falling asleep on my right forearm, so, I am logging off now.

@ God: God, please bring peace to the war-torn peoples, and to those of us who suffer because of it. Please teach us compassion, empathy, and understanding.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

The stories where people can recall other people's lives during this life cycle. (i.e. knowing others relatives names, life events, etc.)

Some can come here before they inherit a physical body, see the events play out from above, or speak to others (spirits), and obtain this knowledge. There are so many variables.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Jesus never said that. He said "ye are all gods", and that he was the "son of man".

Sure he did. Jesus said he was the shepherd of the sheep that came to die and lay down his life for his sheep so they would have life and not die (eternal life).

John 10:7-15

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Every living thing is born with natural instincts like fear of heights, fight or flight, etc. Where did we get these instincts? From past experiences.

In a way. But take for instance animals. They are just bare bones basic vessels, that have basic parameters programmed into them. This had to be done, because in the very beginning, there were no past experiences to learn from.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Sure he did. Jesus said he was the shepherd of the sheep that came to die and lay down his life for his sheep so they would have life and not die (eternal life).

Do you recall what Jesus said about Blasphemy?

Not that im accusing you of it... but did you notice he mentioned "In the world to come"?

edit on 8-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Can you explain?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I wouldn't call them "bare bones" because they are just alive as we are, they have emotions just like we do. Just because they can't count to ten doesn't mean they are inferior to us.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You should click the link i provided...

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by jhill76

I wouldn't call them "bare bones" because they are just alive as we are, they have emotions just like we do. Just because they can't count to ten doesn't mean they are inferior to us.

I should have been specific. I meant like fish, ants, etc, from the standpoint of above and how they are made against that of man.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Where did I speak against the Holy Spirit or the Son of man?

You're still losing me on this one. All I did was post scripture of Jesus' own words.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Where did I speak against the Holy Spirit or the Son of man?

You're still losing me on this one. All I did was post scripture of Jesus' own words.

My friend... i already said i wasn't accusing you of anything...

Jesus said specifically there IS a world to come... For some that world is Heaven... but even in that world some choose to return here for various purposes which only God knows until we rejoin him...

IF one is not forgiven for said sin upon the "holy ghost"... yet not condemed to hellfire (which is a lie btw)

Where else can we possibly go?

Does God press the delete button?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Jesus said specifically there IS a world to come... For some that world is Heaven... but even in that world some choose to return here for various purposes which only God knows until we rejoin him...

Where in the Bible does it say that some will choose to return here once they're in heaven (New Jerusalem)? You've totally lost me now. Are you mistaking it for the Millennium?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Where in the Bible does it say that some will choose to return here once they're in heaven (New Jerusalem)? You've totally lost me now. Are you mistaking it for the Millennium?

Actually now you've lost me... Millennium?

What is that?

I don't need a bible to tell you that... And you don't have to believe what i tell you either...

With the realization of the spirit... comes a longing to help others that don't quite understand... an ache if you will...

We must return... to help our brothers my friend

As he said.... no man ascends to heaven but those that came from heaven

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

By the way, what does this have to do with the previous scripture I posted from John 10:7-15?

Can you help me to understand how what you've said ties into that?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't Jesus' resurrection be evidence of this? If he was dead for three days and wasn't in heaven then where was he?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What Spirit are you talking about?

Sounds like some research is in order regarding the Millennium.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Wouldn't Jesus' resurrection be evidence of this? If he was dead for three days and wasn't in heaven then where was he?

According to the Bible, Jesus descended to Sheol to preach to those who died before he came to earth.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join