It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born again... and again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

How do you know that everyone is going to experience love at sometime here on earth?

Didn't John say "God is love"?

Why would God(being "love") not want to share said love with his creation?

How do you know whether or not someone is going to choose to be selfish over and over and over again or not? How do you know this is going to happen in a human lifetime?

I don't obviously... People learn their lessons, or don't... has nothing to do with me

Here's what I think. I think there's a lot that happens between death and the judgement that the Bible doesn't speak of. I think anything that's not experienced here on earth will be experienced in the spiritual realm until they are either reconciled back to God, or not. I don't see it possible for anyone to learn the truth of such things by reincarnating here on earth.

Therefore, I believe in the scripture that says...

Hebrews 9:27

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I've told you before you can't use that line as a rejection for reincarnation.... that Chapter has nothing to do with it... its speaks about Whither or not Christ had to die more then once for the sins of man...

Hebews 9:27 does not disprove reincarnation... Period

Well, you were the one who brought it up and asked it, so I answered it.

What other questions have I not answered? I thought I addressed them all. If I left anything out in particular, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

scroll up or turn the page my friend...

To be honest with you, there was a time in my life that I was spending more time reading New Age books than I was reading my Bible. For a period of two years, I believed all of it, based on what the books were saying about souls existing before, picking our own families when we come down, reincarnation, all of it.

Then later, I focused on just reading the Bible and none of the New Age books felt real to me any more. I was beginning to feel like Christianity was turning into a "feel good" religion that wasn't based on scripture any more and that we were all being duped into believing that Christianity should be only about what we wanted it to be.

After reconnecting with God, spending more time in scripture and more time in prayer, I came to realize that we were trying to make God into what we wanted him to be and not realizing who he really was

yup... been there done that... and i always seem to return to the gospels... but that doesn't prevent me from searching out other opinions from those that might have known Jesus... Even other so called "Spiritual masters"... There are many truths that lie outside of the bible... that actually agree with Jesus

One just has to look for it...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I don't see it possible for anyone to learn the truth of such things by reincarnating here on earth.

Not of spiritual things, no. But, of the basic blueprint that Brother left behind, yes. For those unanswered questions, yes, you will have to wait until you leave the physical body to even begin to comprehend the unseen.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

OH!!!

What????
Most of "you" know that I have not written off, nor embraced, ANY organized religion.
Very open-minded of you, Dee!!!!

You like that? The emoticons that dismiss you?
I don't like them either. Dee, you and I have had a run-in once. I recall it well.
Nevertheless, Akragon makes sense to me. Your ideas don't.

edit on 8-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Now, this would be easier for me to believe, however...

The only question I would have about this theory is that most of the reincarnation stories we read today revolve around people who claim they "came back" as other people that we know existed in this life cycle.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The only question I would have about this theory is that most of the reincarnation stories we read today revolve around people who claim they "came back" as other people that we know existed in this life cycle.

No, that is not allowed, once you die that is it, until the next cycle. This is why I don't use the word reincarnation, because many people confuse it with what you have just said.

The cycles are there, so that at the very end, everyone will have learned.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There are many truths that lie outside of the bible... that actually agree with Jesus.

Really? What other scriptures, texts or religions restate what the Bible told us about Jesus' words on being the Son of God, the one who came to die for us in order to save his sheep?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Akragon

There are many truths that lie outside of the bible... that actually agree with Jesus.

Really? What other scriptures, texts or religions restate what the Bible told us about Jesus' words on being the Son of God, the one who came to die for us in order to save his sheep?

Not a single one...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What other scriptures, texts or religions restate what the Bible told us about Jesus' words on being the Son of God, the one who came to die for us in order to save his sheep?
Jesus never said that. He said "ye are all gods", and that he was the "son of man".

He also said "you must be born again".

And too many clerics and fundamentalists think that has some kind of "baptism", "adult-minded", acceptance of something involved.

Akragon's OP was very clear.....
you must be born again....Water (amniotic fluid) and Spirit...

Until you get it (the spiritual truth and reunion with the Divine)!
Then, and ONLY then, do you ascend.
You Must Be Born Again.
Not a parable, or turn of phrase. Straightforward "born again."

Why is it that some people decide to be literal about some parts/verses of the Bible, but then when a straightforward statement is made, they say "it was metaphorical", or "symbolic"?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't think it can honestly be any more clear...

When you combine Jobs statement in his First chapter... with "born again"...

Why read into it when its clearly stated?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

OH!!!

What????
Most of "you" know that I have not written off, nor embraced, ANY organized religion.
Very open-minded of you, Dee!!!!

You like that? The emoticons that dismiss you?
I don't like them either. Dee, you and I have had a run-in once. I recall it well.
Nevertheless, Akragon makes sense to me. Your ideas don't.

edit on 8-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Why so defensive? I just go by what I've read from your past statements, such as...

I was brought up in the Episcopal church; the American off-shoot of the Church of England/High Anglican tradition. I effectively left it in my mid-teens.

I would call myself a "new ager"....as distasteful as that is for many on here.

But I have not found any 'organized' or 'unorganized' Christian "take" on things that resonates.

I don't believe in the Biblical asshat God who then became the all-kind, unconditional-love guy.

I'm more aligned with Native American and Buddhist thinking than Western Christianity.

I don't believe in hellfire and brimstone, and I think it is a HORRIBLE thing to threaten people with, especially children, for God's sake!! I also came away from "church" feeling like a Loser, and now I don't subscribe to ANY faith that tells me I am one.

I'm sorry. I thought you made it pretty clear!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I like to debate on these topics, but this was going kind of way off-topic here. I'm surprised you did this.

This doesn't paint a clear picture, because we can't follow the full conversation. Also, people can change their beliefs overnight.
edit on 8-10-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

No, that is not allowed, once you die that is it, until the next cycle. This is why I don't use the word reincarnation, because many people confuse it with what you have just said.

The cycles are there, so that at the very end, everyone will have learned.

So, is there evidence that reincarnation exists because it would have all been destroyed in all the last cycles? Are there any texts that speak about life outside of this life cycle?

As for the people living today who claim they have "come back" as someone in this life cycle, where did it come from?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Lets keep it civil you two...

This has been a decent conversation thus far.... Not an arguement....

Can we keep it that way please?

edit on 8-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So, is there evidence that reincarnation exists because it would have all been destroyed in all the last cycles? Are there any texts that speak about life outside of this life cycle?

No, the cycles are not to be spoken of here or above, it is sealed in the books, and access is restricted.

As for the people living today who claim they have "come back" as someone in this life cycle, where did it come from?

Some times the previous cycles bleed over, if some information is needed to be kept.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Honestly, I was shocked that Wildtimes overreacted.

It's no secret what she has said in the past and she's trying to make me look like I'm lying about it.

I don't know why Wildtimes just doesn't stay on topic instead of trying to lash out at me.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Wow. How much time did you spend digging those up? You did that just now?

Or, did you have them set aside just for this occasion?

Seriously, Deetermined, there is nothing in those quotes that makes me an atheist. I am very much in tune with what the purported "Jesus" taught.

I just took a minute to reread the "quotes" that you so studiously posted.

I take back NONE of them......You can choose all day long to misinterpret my statements......but you will still be mistaken....
and that is all I have to say on this matter.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Some times the previous cycles bleed over, if some information is needed to be kept.

Can you explain this further?

I don't understand.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I never said you were an athiest, Wildtimes. I said that you ditched Christianity a long time ago, and that was all.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Can you explain this further?

I don't understand.

Sometimes some will need to retain experiences from the previous cycle to bring forth to the next cycle. Either to teach someone else, or hold onto said memory for their own use. So, they will remember certain things but can't give a detailed account of everything.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, for people coming up with all of these other past memories that are documented, where do they come from?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join