It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being a prepper and dating.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
No harm in being prepared for hard times or a catastrophe but it's the fear and obsession of a social/zombie/Chinese invasion melt down that will turn women off. Best keep that type of madness to yourself if you want to get laid.

Women, for some reason tend to avoid men with obsessive/compulsive disorders and in many cases; preppers display that behavior.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I hate the term "prepper". It is begining to have a connectation that you are obsesed, or introverted, or otherwise not all together. Its prudent to be "minimally" prepared. Even a couple of days of water, food, and a firearm to protect personal property is a good idea.

The boy scout motto is "be prepared".

First, I always tried to get to know someone pretty well in an accquaintance or friendship way before I started dating them. You should know if they have any major reservations about that before you begin any serious dating.

I would casually approach the subject. "Hey, what would you do in a major disaster?"...."Or, you know the economic situation really has me concerned, what do you think?". "Wow, what would you do if something like Katrina hit"? You can get an idea where they stand with simple conversation. You may not even get to any "prepper" stuff when you realize they don't have a clue and don't care too.

As far as the post just above mine, I'd agree. Don't get weird (unless you find that lucky girl just as weird as you) and say it's for zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, NWO/UN take over. You might genuinely think that....but I don't think you have to let them know THAT....that sounds weird, even to me sometimes, and I like to consider all possibilities.

Incidently, I would say I am only moderately prepared at best.

edit on 10-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: add addition content

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
well i have recently taken great offence to being called "paranoid" by my girlfriend.
i mean i guess technically i am, but i consider it more like "cautious" and "untrusting of authority (in some cases)"

but she said it in such a demeaning tone. like its a bad thing

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Find yourself a country girl.

Country folks by their very nature are always prepping... usually it is for bad storms, crop failures, or hunting season... but these translate easily to the Apocolypse.

Most of the women I know, work with, and even my own daughter... are go getters. They can shoot, own firearms, can cook, preserve food, know how to garden, like to hunt, love horse back riding and 4-wheeling, own camo and gear...

My wife came with a wonderful rack... antlers that is... and a .45 and a shotgun... and she loves her 1989 Dodge RamCharger 4x4...

Last winter I came home from work late and saw a light in the back yard. She had hit a deer and was dressing him in the working headlight of the truck she had just hit him with and he was hanging from a limb and a rope tied to the bumper of the truck she had just hit him with.

She tolerates my rants on preparedness and conspiracies... and after time has proven me right and validated my suspicions, she has come to accept some of them also.

Yup... Get yourself a country girl.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If you talk to them and do things with them, and get to know them, you will see by what and how they do things ...if they think or do the same things as you...
Take them camping, get outdoors and see how they handle life without the modern tech tools and get back to the basics...you will learn real quickly if they think like you and believe like you...

Camping in a tent no electric basic things with you , walks in the woods, fishing...building a fire and cooking..if they like that and can do that..your better off then most!!!

just my .02 cents

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

...It's the men who are still living in ignorance, with their head in the sand, assuming nothing will happen, that seem to be less likely to take care of a wife and family if something happens.

What a load of....! How on Earth did you ever come to this conclusion? Because you're a biased, militant feminist? Some other reason? I mean, sure, I'd be glad to have a woman along who has some outdoor/self defense/survival skills - but YOU would be the rarity, not the other way around!

Trust me on this: There are far, far more men actively prepping than women. Some wives/girlfriends/mothers/daughters/aunts/nieces will be tagging along when the SHTF - FOLLOWING their men to a safe haven and hoping they will be protected, sheltered, and fed.

My very conservative guess is that less than 1% of preppers LEADING the way will be women. In fact it is the men that will be yanking THEIR female counterpart's heads out of the proverbial sand to try and keep them alive.

Wow. That's about the most amazing off-center comment I've read on ATS in a long time - and I've been here for a while...
edit on 10/15/2012 by Outrageo because:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join