It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Man Killed by NYPD Gets Billed For Dent in Police Car Created by Son’s Body.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Do police even care about how the public is viewing them anymore? Do they see the tide turning from what was respect to fear and hatred?

Yes, he was stealing some bricks or whatever paver stones are but now he's dead because of being hit by a cop car in the chase. (I have to question if the cop used the car as a weapon) Was it worth it to the victim? No. Was it worth it to catch the bad guy by hitting him with a car, putting him in a hospital only to eventually die of the injuries?

My answer is no but I'm thinking the police are saying that if he wasn't guilty of stealing the stones, he would still be alive.

Disturbing times my friends.

And now they want the mother to pay for damage to the car...

www.nydailynews.com...
www.activistpost.com...

TAMON ROBINSON tried to outrun cops, but couldn’t. The 27-year-old coffee barista died in April after being struck by an NYPD squad car that began chasing him as he swiped paver stones in the predawn light at his Brooklyn housing project. Now his mom’s being chased anew, hounded by a collection agency hired by the city with a cruel final demand, the Daily News has learned.

The city has ordered her to pay the $710 cost of repairing the police car that killed her boy. “We’re still grieving, and this is like a slap in the face,” Robinson’s mom, Laverne Dobbinson, 45, told The News. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

And of course it's ruled an accident. I wonder how it would be seen if it were reversed? Murder is my guess.

Peace

edit on 7-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't understand how they can legally charge a 27 year olds family for damages ?

This is a very disturbing story , and quite honestly I think the cops may have hit him hard on purpose.

I'm from Canada, and though in our city there are some very bad cops, it is nowhere near what I read about in cities from the US.

I'm starting to understand why so many hate cops, though it makes me feel bad for the ones that are good.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The ticket was probably result of bureaucratic procedure. The person who issued the bill probably had no clue the situation surrounding the bill for damages.

Someone should have taken care of this prior to the bill being issued. They would have avoided a lot more complications, not even considering the questionable death of the victim.

Someone will probably being sent home with pay as punishment...nice to be in civil service..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The city has ordered her to pay the $710 cost of repairing the police car...

Except of course the minor detail that it simply isnt true.

1. The letter was sent to Tamon Robinson, not his mother.
She happened to open the letter, but he was over 18 and she isnt responsible for any debts he incurred before he died.

2. Here's a quote...

A man who identified himself as a paralegal for the law firm of Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, which was hired by the city to collect the money, said he is barred by federal law from discussing the notice with anyone but Robinson or a representative of his family.

The city didnt send the bill. A lawfirm did.
And its clear from the statement by the paralegal (he cant discuss it with anyone by Robinson) that he wasnt aware that Robinson is dead.

This story is overblown.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is absolutely ridiculous. How can she even be billed? I can *might* understand the rationale if he was a minor living under her roof, but because he was a grown man, how is this possible? Do they just keep going after relatives..? This really angers me.

Yes, he was stealing some bricks or whatever paver stones are but now he's dead because of being hit by a cop car in the chase. (I have to question if the cop used the car as a weapon) Was it worth it to the victim? No. Was it worth it to catch the bad guy by hitting him with a car, putting him in a hospital only to eventually die of the injuries?

You know, this is a great point. Cops have gotten far too braze, even with the public watching, and get off for doing so many things.

I recall watching the news one time here in GA and there was a "chase." A news chopper was following, so it was all live. The guy ditches the car and takes off running, and the trooper who was in pursuit...runs him down in his patrol car as the guy is running away. Granted, the guy is a suspected criminal (and survived w/o critical injuries), but for the cops to be able to run down a man on foot with a car..how this is LEGAL, on tape, and NO ONE says a word about it. How do we ACCEPT such behavior as the new norm. And it just adds to the behavior that we allow.

This type of thing really angers me.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
does this mean people can own other people

people can have slaves?

how can a person get a bill caused by another person unless they owned them (which is against their human rights)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The city has ordered her to pay the $710 cost of repairing the police car...

Except of course the minor detail that it simply isnt true.

1. The letter was sent to Tamon Robinson, not his mother.
She happened to open the letter, but he was over 18 and she isnt responsible for any debts he incurred before he died.

2. Here's a quote...

A man who identified himself as a paralegal for the law firm of Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, which was hired by the city to collect the money, said he is barred by federal law from discussing the notice with anyone but Robinson or a representative of his family.

The city didnt send the bill. A lawfirm did.
And its clear from the statement by the paralegal (he cant discuss it with anyone by Robinson) that he wasnt aware that Robinson is dead.

This story is overblown.

Overblown? I think not.

From the article:

Now his mom’s being chased anew, hounded by a collection agency hired by the city with a cruel final demand, the Daily News has learned. The city has ordered her to pay the $710 cost of repairing the police car that killed her boy. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Mom is being chased by a collection company. The City has ordered her to pay. It also threatens to slap the family with a lawsuit if the claim isn’t paid.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Seems clear to me that the son is dead and they can't make him pay so now the City is going after the family

At least that's what the article states so I'm going with that.

And as you stated: "The city didnt send the bill. A lawfirm did." ...

Yes...Hired BY the city. How much more clear can it be?

Peace

edit on 7-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Id send the bill back with a bill of my own

Death of son --------------

Pay this Amt: 30 million within 90 days or 10% interest will begin accruing every 30 days.

120 days= 33million

150 days= 36 million 300 thousand

edit on 7-10-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Mom is being chased by a collection company. The City has ordered her to pay.

Mom is not being ordered to pay.
Didnt you even bother to read the article YOU cited?

... letter dated Sept. 27 and mailed to her son

Once you get past the sensationalism, even the mother admits your assertion is not true...

"They want my son to pay for damage to the vehicle ...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Mom is being chased by a collection company. The City has ordered her to pay.

Mom is not being ordered to pay.
Didnt you even bother to read the article YOU cited?

... letter dated Sept. 27 and mailed to her son

Once you get past the sensationalism, even the mother admits your assertion is not true...

"They want my son to pay for damage to the vehicle ...

How much more clear do you need it to be?

Now his mom’s being chased anew, hounded by a collection agency hired by the city with a cruel final demand, the Daily News has learned. The city has ordered her to pay the $710 cost of repairing the police car that killed her boy.

I can't spell it out any more clearer than that so I'm done.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You guys all know what other country sends the family the bill when the state murders their family members right?

China!

The land of love laughter and good intentions.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I thought it was only the Chinese who sent the family a bill for the bullet? In this case, a dented Police car panel..but same idea isn't it? Just start calling the NYPD 'Comrade'...They've earned it with this stunt. Can they possibly get ANY friggen colder????

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"Mother of Man Killed by NYPD Gets Billed For Dent in Police Car Created by Son’s Body."??

You have got to be fracking kidding me! Seriously? Jude Law in a handbasket man, that's the most absurd thing I've heard on here. And you and I both know the how absurd it gets on here sometimes. Jeez.

Star and flag. But of course.

edit on 10/7/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is utterly ridiculous. This is a job for the insurance to take care of. She should get herself a lawyer and sue.

And if I were the judge I'd throw the whole case out of court and order the city to pay her twenty million dollars.

Sometimes it's cases like these that makes me wish I were a judge. I'd love to take down those idiots who sent her the bill and are now harassing her over a mere $710.

Or at least a very rich man. I'd hire a lawyer on her behalf to sue the city.

This is utter nonsense, and that's putting it mildly. I have nothing but vulgar things to say about this junk.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Very shortly i will be creating a thread to address what now more than ever needs to be done. I have posted several times that the police have now been fully shown to be the enemy of all citizens. We do not need their protection we can defend our selfs. We have fire fighters and ambulances to adress all maner of life threatining emergencies and a well connected neighborhood can look out for its own. There are no good cops, they have all been fired or retired. If a man stole a few pavers from your yard should he be slowly killed for what amounts to less than fifty dollars?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have a friendly request....would somebody get me the phone number of who to call about this....I'm wanting to ask 'em where we can talk about it, I'm sure if I ask them if they want to known as the kinda people that live their lives like this, they'll listen to reason face to face. LBJ said it like that about the commies

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
I don't understand how they can legally charge a 27 year olds family for damages ?

This is a very disturbing story , and quite honestly I think the cops may have hit him hard on purpose.

I'm from Canada, and though in our city there are some very bad cops, it is nowhere near what I read about in cities from the US.

I'm starting to understand why so many hate cops, though it makes me feel bad for the ones that are good.

Although your heart is in the right place, it should direct its concerns elsewhere. If the good cops didn't cover up for the bad cops, just how many bad cops would be left?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Who should be billed then?

The Cop or the Police Station?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I hope she dosnt pay it

Its so heartless to send a bill

When someone is murdered the spirit is allowed by Creation to WAIT For The Murderer and MESS with them BIG TIME for 30 years

thats why most people would never kill another human unless its in defence and a warning has been given

running over someone for stealing bricks, i dont know 100% but i think that guy that was killed will be waiting in the spirit world

the guy was running so he was no threat

edit on 8-10-2012 by laserjeff because: (no reason given)

top topics

join