It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flesh Vaporizing Weaponry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i have a neighbor who works at Lockheed Martin, and we were talking about his job and everything, and he talked about this weapon. He had heard about it from his coworkers and read inside reports about it, but he was not sworn to secrecy so he had no problem telling me.
The weapon was design in the 80's. It is a very powerful laser, and i guess has some beam frequencies or something crazy like that to where it will ONLY destroy human flesh.
He said the laser was completed and mounted on an f-18, and put on a test mission. Some labs grew human flesh/skin and put it all over these manakins, which were placed inside of an empty house somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico (i forgot which he said). Then they shot the beam at the manakins from the jet and it totally vaporized them. The beam shot through the roof and walls, and did not leave a hole or burn mark at all. They put papers throught out the house during the test to see if it would cause fires, but nothing caught fire.
So pretty much the only thing that happened was the manikins getting vaporized. I havent really researched it online, but i thought id share it with yall, so maybe somebody can...

[edit on 17-10-2004 by natew100]

[edit on 17-10-2004 by natew100]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
wow that sounds serious maybe the goverment is planing somthing

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A bullet hitting the human body at sufficient speed causes it to vaporize. That's why you see all that red spray and viscera when a person is shot. This was developed oh, 500 years ago?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
true, but a bullet leaves a hole in a roof and would burn the hell out of paper and stuff, and would leave traces, if shot through a house. This leaves NO trace at all, it just goes straight through and vaporizes the flesh, without harming anything else

XL5

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hmmm odd, try and find out if it can blind and if so, what exact damage it does. Sorta sounds like they should have had a huge jiffy pop pan in that house and made lots of popcorn, just like the 80's movie Real Genius.

All non-pulse light over 10watts/cm2 will set stuff on fire, if it was pulsed then it may work at not setting stuff on fire. Although anything that absorbs that certain spectrum of light will also be vaporized as well.

top topics

join