It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I have a truly enlighting experience?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Eating healty is very important for me , it changed my life almost like the meditation , sometimes i ask to myself...my god but how can be so easy to feel better? If only people knew...
The hard part of the story is trying to pass your experience to others , it s amazing how people without experience can be so prejudical and distrustful.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Jabbah because: my miserable english

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You might try isochronic tones also, I noticed differences with those when binural beats didn't help me.
I agree with the diet thing too! I've been eating more raw fruits and veggies and things are changing, I have no proof but it 'feels' like it raises your vibration.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rambo1112
How can I have personal experience with states of consciousness, or levels of being, or aspects of reality, beyond normal human perception, including experience and communion with a supreme being ?

You do what everyone else does: you make it up.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Meditation would be the safest way IMHO. I'm not talking about closing your eyes and concentrating on an image of a flame. I'm talking about true definition of meditation. Google it, if you don't know.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Candle worked great for me. It was just a tool to get deeper as I couldn't sit and concentrate quietly without something to stare at.

Just my 2 cents on the candle meditation.

There are tons of very good meditations out there though.

Concentrate isn't the right word, but you get the idea.Back when I was doing it, the internet wasn't nearly as available as it is now, wish it had been, would of sped things up, though that's not good either IMO.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

AI is on the money as usual - you need to experiment, explore and find your own path. Here are some suggestions - Go for it - Do not fear new states of awareness or consciousness - Let go - BE.

Visualizations
Meditation
Mindfullness
Trance Dance
Breath Work (Holotropic)
Ganzfelds
Sweat-Lodge
Entheogens
Tantra
Drumming
Fasting
Scrying
Recapitulation
Sleep Deprivation
Uropathy (Urine Therapy)
Chanting
Astral Travel
Dream Work - Lucid Dreaming
Clacking
Floatation Tank
Soul Connections
Yoga
Hemispheric Balancing
Vipassana
Re-Birthing

Good Luck

* Ned

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks for caring and asking~

if you want to communicate with the/a supreme being you need look no further than within yourself: as an external source may complicate your own empowerment as a divine aspect of that supreme one,
a good start is to relinquish all preconceived preconditioned preconceptions regarding what this supreme being you wish to 'know' really is - and open the space for true communion!
this can be done in Nature - the creator's creation - with greatest ease - though in reality the supreme would be anywhere you go!

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Try wild camping, pack some supplies and head off into the wilderness for a few days. Day 1 will be scary if this is your first time, day 2 exciting by day 3 you will be entering a state of relaxation where you begin to feel connected and comfortable in nature.

You have strange enlightening moments when you get out of the city away from the population, if you combine it with some trekking and healthy food you will clear your mind of all your stress.

I take off when I can and come back with a new perspective on life. Of course plan and don't do anything silly, I camped out on the highest mountain in England on the hottest day of the year, on any other day this could have been dangerous. Don't have a fixed route go with the flow of weather conditions.

It amazes me how scared urban types are of the countryside! The city is far more dangerous and oppressive

edit on 8-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: added info

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here are some other suggestions:

Tai-Chi
Self-Reiki
Qigong
Trataka
Mudra Vigyan
Regular star-gazing (with your naked eyes)
Yogas (other than hatha)
Real (non-occidentalized) Tantra
Read all Upanishads & the Bhagavad Gita
Dzogchen
Esalen massages
Listen to Frédéric Chopin.
Hiking

edit on 8-10-2012 by D1ss1dent because: addition

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Also try disconnecting for a week or two!

No computers phone etc, turn the news off especially! How often do you just have peace, we get in the car turn on the radio, get home and watch T.V

When do we really get a chance to just sit and think.

I would also recommend this book 'the willpower instinct' it is a scientific study of how our willpower is manipulated by advertisers and governments. Once you know the tricks you can see the strings.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

The first thing to do is to observe. Observe what is happening presently, observe the thoughts that arise, feel the sensations that arise. Instead of speaking just be aware of the impulse to speak and listen to the thoughts (words) that appear - and keep quiet. Listen to the thoughts have a conversation. You are the one that is listening - the quiet background.
Find yourself in a different place by becoming the witness of what you think is you. Watch and listen.
Jesus taught the blind to see and the deaf to hear.

Soon you will find that you are the silent witness to all that arises. You might notice that you are not doing thought (thought just happens), that you are not doing anything but seeing and hearing - even the seeing and hearing require no doing. The real you (the enlightened one) is just knowing the seeing and hearing.

Find the real you.
Nisargadatta - I Am Only The Self:
youtu.be...

edit on 8-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Im 100% w the thread by itsnowagain. I would personally study and get a solid conceptual framework established of the works of ramana maharshi, nisargadatta, nondual philosophy, mysticism, chakras, meditation, pranayama, and tai chi.

At the same time while studying these things, add practice of these things and eventually a shift or breakthrough will come about. I only add the study part because it gives understanding and satisfies a certain amount of intellectual curiosity. However the real,stuff comes from,direct experience.

I,would also like to add the works of anadi(aziz kristoff), a.h. almaas, and meditationexpert.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join