It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs accumulate that liberals are embarrassed by Obama - The tides have turned

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes Romney has the momentum, the question is can he follow through?

Still a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

This is the dilemma of the challenger. The answer is – we don’t know.

The dilemma Obama has as an incumbent is his record….HIS RECORD.

With Obama we already know what we're going to get...more of the same failure.

edit on 7-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
HIS RECORD.

Thats what its ALL about, actually. Not what ifs. Hes had 4 years to right the ship. Its time for what he actually promised, back in 08. Hope and Change. He doesn't get a pass, on failure.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Not to be too heavy handed with the irony here. But it appears you're voting for Romney for the exact same criteria and rhetorical viewpoint that got Obama elected..... Change

~Heff

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The point you both make has added a level of absurdity to this whole race I think will be what many remember Obama for on this. He's literally running on a platform of change against himself. he's been THE establishment for almost 4 long years now....yet it's a break from the past and into a bright NEW future he peddles to us. I'd laugh rather hard if so many weren't still somehow in awe of him or simply refusing to believe a U.S. President could lie.

It's one hell of a race to be sure and one I'm sure no one on either side who has lived this will ever forget.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

But Obama was not the change I believed in, and a great many others.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

He doesn't get a pass, on failure.

Nobody should get a pass on failure.

That doesn’t mean he won’t……it is what it is….but nobody SHOULD get a pass.

Like I said, I’d vote for liberal Bill Maher (I hate Bill Maher) before I’d vote for Obama. At least some of his ideas make sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Not to be too heavy handed with the irony here. But it appears you're voting for Romney for the exact same criteria and rhetorical viewpoint that got Obama elected..... Change

SURE! But we never know exactly what we’re going to get; do we?

I sure as hell didn’t get what I wanted when I voted for Bush. I got SOME OF IT but certainly more than I bargained for.

Politics….

The fact remains....we KNOW what Obama brings, and I don't like it!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by campanionator

Hey, thats a neat trick there. So if Romney wins in a few weeks, anything that happens for HIS first 9 months in the economy isn't his fault either? No matter his own decisions...or those of Congress... Any good OR bad until the end of Obama's carry over fiscal policies are entirely outside Romney's responsibility to take blame or credit for, right?

It works for both or it doesn't work at all.

Why yes, it does work both ways, fiscal policy does not take effect until the October after an election.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

Perhaps,but one thing we do know for sure is that Presidents are on their best behavior for the first four years. Term limits provide them a free pass for the next four years. We know Obama's best behavior and we don't like it. I'm scared of giving him a free pass.

If Romney doesn't give us the change we're looking for, then let's not give him another four years. I'd rather have a new President every four years than to give free reign to one I believe to be against ALL things American.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Yes Romney has the momentum, the question is can he follow through?

Still a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

More of the same, like adding new jobs every month for two and a half years, increasing exports,
a strong DOW, increased manufacturing, housing market and lowering of unemployment

Glad you're voting for Obama

edit on 7-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

Perhaps,but one thing we do know for sure is that Presidents are on their best behavior for the first four years. Term limits provide them a free pass for the next four years. We know Obama's best behavior and we don't like it. I'm scared of giving him a free pass.

If Romney doesn't give us the change we're looking for, then let's not give him another four years. I'd rather have a new President every four years than to give free reign to one I believe to be against ALL things American.

Then I hope you pay for the war with Iran and send your family

thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Why yes, it does work both ways, fiscal policy does not take effect until the October after an election.

Well, it was the October after the 2008 election that unemployment jumped over 10%

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

thanks!

My entire family is military, including one son that is Navy and one son on his way to being a Marine. But, thank you, even though I know you didn't hope for a positive outcome. Hopefully, I will not be here for you to tell me "I told you so". I hate that I have one son already serving under this POTUS, and will be heartbroken to have two serving under him. I hope and pray that Romney wins, even if that means they will be fighting Iran.

My family is patriotic and we've raised our sons to serve our country, no matter who is President (unfortunately).
edit on 7-10-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well, it was the October after the 2008 election that unemployment jumped over 10%

It jumped 0.1% and then it started to come down -

do you honestly think the country would wake up one day having replaced millions and millions of jobs?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

thanks!

My entire family is military, including one son that is Navy and one son on his way to being a Marine. But, thank you, even though I know you didn't hope for a positive outcome. Hopefully, I will not be here for you to tell me "I told you so". I hate that I have one son already serving under this POTUS, and will be heartbroken to have two serving under him. I hope and pray that Romney wins, even if that means they will be fighting Iran.

My family is patriotic and we've raised our sons to serve our country, no matter who is President (unfortunately).
edit on 7-10-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

Blind patriotism got us 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, maybe your sons will get 10 in Iran

I wish you luck patriotism is no excuse to welcome idiocy and death
edit on 7-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

do you honestly think the country would wake up one day having replaced millions and millions of jobs?

Not at all, but I do know that business hire and fire according to policy. And policy can change in one day.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You don't ever stop with the flame-baiting titles, do you?

I love it when conservatives and other useful idiots make assumptions about large groups of people.

Me? I don't care about either Obama or Romney at this point. I'm more embarrassed that some of you don't "get it" in regard to this manufactured election hype.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

You should pray and hope for Peace, not Romney.

Where's the logic?

Just because you come from a military family, doesn't mean that what they do is correct, righteous, justified, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Not at all, but I do know that business hire and fire according to policy. And policy can change in one day.

Business's hire according to demand sorry to say, I guess you were sleeping in Sept 2008 when the
country started losing 700,000 jobs a month.

I don't know what to say to unreasonable people like you, enjoy your Iranian war and banking extravaganza

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

thanks!

I know you're hoping for bad to come to my family and that is unfortunate as I only hope for the best with yours. I also wish for health and prosperity for you and yours. I know we are a People and our prosperity and health is tied to one another, I'd rather go to bed without a bad conscience.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join