It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs accumulate that liberals are embarrassed by Obama - The tides have turned

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If this election election was between Obama and Herman cain. I wonder how many Romney supporters would have voted third party. Probably wouldn't have voted at all

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I'm so sick of people focusing on crap like this, instead of really worrying about the issues. The president is pretty well reigned in by congress, and that is where the vast majority of important decisions get made. I know a lot of liberals, and I would say this is just propaganda, because from what I hear, they are not sick of Obama. But the morons claim that Obama is a liar, while planning on voting for Romney despite the fact that he is a notorious liar, with documentation and videos to prove it. He only lied 9 times during the debate, but that isn't important. What is important is to attack Obama right?

This is what will happen if Romney wins. Things will get worse, and all the republicans will blame Obama. But what happens when Obama tries to blame Bush for some of our problems now? The republicans aren't having that. Hypocrites. Obama has done more constructive things, or attempted to, than Bush ever did. So why in the world would we want republicans in office again, because they are just going to run the economy even further into the ground.

Trickle down economics is how the rich get super rich, and the middle class turns into an amalgamation of lower class. THAT is republican ideology. That, and outdated beliefs and ideas. It is no coincidence that the majority of racists, per polls/surveys conducted, have republican leanings. I have also seen it in my own family, and others who I have heard discuss politics. It is sickening.

You do realize the gap between the Rich and the not Rich is larger under Obama than it has been since the 60's right? Kind of deflates your entire argument. Oh wait, that must be Bush's fault ...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fyouropinion456
If this election election was between Obama and Herman cain. I wonder how many Romney supporters would have voted third party. Probably wouldn't have voted at all

I'd be more fired up if we had Cain vs Obama right now. Romney was my 4th choice in the primary. He hardly had any support before securing the nomination.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'll take Obama, understanding the game is rigged by big money. Romney would be a return to the Bush years, more neo-cons, big wars, eroding freedoms. At the debate, Romney was just a well prepared attack dog. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter, because it's the system that must change, the whole system, global super-capitalism.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I'm so sick of people focusing on crap like this, instead of really worrying about the issues. The president is pretty well reigned in by congress, and that is where the vast majority of important decisions get made. I know a lot of liberals, and I would say this is just propaganda, because from what I hear, they are not sick of Obama. But the morons claim that Obama is a liar, while planning on voting for Romney despite the fact that he is a notorious liar, with documentation and videos to prove it. He only lied 9 times during the debate, but that isn't important. What is important is to attack Obama right?

This is what will happen if Romney wins. Things will get worse, and all the republicans will blame Obama. But what happens when Obama tries to blame Bush for some of our problems now? The republicans aren't having that. Hypocrites. Obama has done more constructive things, or attempted to, than Bush ever did. So why in the world would we want republicans in office again, because they are just going to run the economy even further into the ground.

Trickle down economics is how the rich get super rich, and the middle class turns into an amalgamation of lower class. THAT is republican ideology. That, and outdated beliefs and ideas. It is no coincidence that the majority of racists, per polls/surveys conducted, have republican leanings. I have also seen it in my own family, and others who I have heard discuss politics. It is sickening.

You do realize the gap between the Rich and the not Rich is larger under Obama than it has been since the 60's right? Kind of deflates your entire argument. Oh wait, that must be Bush's fault ...

and where are all the laws passed by Obama that made it larger??? please cite them...i didn't know we had a king who just waved his hand and passed laws....gee...good thing there are absolutely no republicans in government to muddy up your arguement. if only the republicans had a voice........

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrLucky
I'll take Obama, understanding the game is rigged by big money. Romney would be a return to the Bush years, more neo-cons, big wars, eroding freedoms. At the debate, Romney was just a well prepared attack dog. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter, because it's the system that must change, the whole system, global super-capitalism.

Goldman-Sachs was Obama’s largest donor in 2008. The Wall Street crooks are making more money now under Obama than they made before 2008! The Obama justice department’s prosecution of financial fraud is at a 20 year LOW!! Do you know what that means?? BUSH DID MORE!!

Here is a very interesting assessment of this issue.

edit on 9-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I am definitely not a lberal or a supporter of either candidate but the really odd thing is that people believe that things can change overnight (within 4 years) just because some new person is in office. The damage that was inflicted by Bush/Cheney and the entire policies born from 9/11 cut extremely deep into the heart of America and the livelihood of almost every man woman and child except for the very wealthy - those 8 years of Bush were so damaging and deep that there is a great deal of prosperity that is not easily recovered or resuscitated. I couldn't say whether the current administration has done anything to lessen the bleeding but at least they pretend to. Romney has said several times that he will not cut the defense and wants to strengthen our bases overseas - this is the opposite of progress, war has nothing to offer for the future of this planet.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lordaqua

I am definitely not a lberal or a supporter of either candidate but the really odd thing is that people believe that things can change overnight (within 4 years) just because some new person is in office. The damage that was inflicted by Bush/Cheney and the entire policies born from 9/11 cut extremely deep into the heart of America and the livelihood of almost every man woman and child except for the very wealthy - those 8 years of Bush were so damaging and deep that there is a great deal of prosperity that is not easily recovered or resuscitated.

BLAME BUSH??

That’s getting old. Nobody expected a complete 180 but, dude!! He’s making it WORSE!

Did you even read the post right above yours?? ^

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fyouropinion456

Actually, Cain was my first choice as with a lot of other Romney supporters.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The Democrats are owned by Wall Street, the Repubs by big oil.

Even NPR admits that Wall Street is Democrat territory, and that's with the bias.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and where are all the laws passed by Obama that made it larger??? please cite them...i didn't know we had a king who just waved his hand and passed laws....gee...good thing there are absolutely no republicans in government to muddy up your arguement. if only the republicans had a voice........

Where are the laws that made it smaller? Here's a hint, go look at who received help from the OBAMA administration over the foreclosure issue. Did they give money to the little guy, or to the big banks? I'll give you another hint, Obama gave MORE money to the banks when they foreclosed on people than if the banks allowed a short sale. Although with fanatics like you facts tend to be meaningless.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I am definitely not a lberal or a supporter of either candidate but the really odd thing is that people believe that things can change overnight (within 4 years) just because some new person is in office. The damage that was inflicted by Bush/Cheney and the entire policies born from 9/11 cut extremely deep into the heart of America and the livelihood of almost every man woman and child except for the very wealthy - those 8 years of Bush were so damaging and deep that there is a great deal of prosperity that is not easily recovered or resuscitated.

BLAME BUSH??

That’s getting old. Nobody expected a complete 180 but, dude!! He’s making it WORSE!

It will be blame Bush forever until the liberals find a new patsy. It's never their fault. My last post I gave an example of what LIBERALS did to help the banks and hurt the average worker.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 10-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

BLAME BUSH??

Do you ever get tired of lying???

The economy is getting better every month, step by step. Seriously, do you even know you are lying
of are you making like a biotch and playing the role?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

So give us figures and cite the source. What is the annual income per capita in 2011 and what is the debt per capita in 2011. Thanks. You love to make statements I see you NEVER cite sources or facts.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You may, or may not, get a reply from campanionator. Mind if I pinch hit for him? I think he's referring to the nearly miniscule growth of the GDP (I think it's under 1 1/2% monthly). While it is progress, it's pretty disappointing, a little like walking across the country, you're making progress each day but nothing like what it should be.

Perhaps he's thinking that some new jobs are created each month. The walking across the country analogy applies here, too. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, the country had 108.444 million employed in February 2009, Obama's first full month in office. Three years later, February 2012, BLS reported 108.887 million employed. So in three years we found jobs for 443, 000 people.

During those same three years, the total US population went up by 6,957,000. That means we found jobs for about 6% of the population increase, and none for those already here. Actually the walking across the country analogy is a bad one. It's more like walking from Florida to Alaska by heading East from Miami.

Or, maybe, campanionator may be thinking about the stock market, which has gone up under Obama. But why did that happen, and what does it mean?

"Instinctively the conventional wisdom is if a Republicans does well or better in the polls, the market should rally," says Wall Street Journal special reporter Greg Zuckerman.

The fact that the market hasn't rallied may be because it's focusing instead on what a Romney victory could mean for Fed policy, specifically its near zero rate policy which has helped rally stocks in the past year. That "theory," says Zuckerman, stems from Romney's vow to not reappoint Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke when his term ends January 31, 2014. A Romney win could mean less "funny money" to help pump up the stock market.

finance.yahoo.com...

I guess I shouldn't have offered to pinch hit. It looks like I struck out. I can't see the significantly improving economy he seems to.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wait, who thinks the economy is improving?

Nobody who lives in the real world.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I too could post a bunch of pictures that I pulled off of the internet. I lived under Romney when he was "Governor" of Massachusetts for half his term and nearly buried the state. I also lived in the US when it was the GOP's mission to block every single bill that the dems put forward.

I actually hope that Romney gets in with complete Republican control of both the House and Senate. This way we can watch yet another global economic collapse, the collapse of the US, and every "conservative" Republican blame the Democrats.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
reply to post by seabag

I too could post a bunch of pictures that I pulled off of the internet. I lived under Romney when he was "Governor" of Massachusetts for half his term and nearly buried the state. I also lived in the US when it was the GOP's mission to block every single bill that the dems put forward.

I actually hope that Romney gets in with complete Republican control of both the House and Senate. This way we can watch yet another global economic collapse, the collapse of the US, and every "conservative" Republican blame the Democrats.

How did you live in Massachusetts and think Romney could do anything? It's so Democrat heavy they can override ANYTHING Romney did. Romney did about as good a job as you can do.
www.stateintegrity.org...
Legislative Accountability D+

Yet you bought in to the blame Romney propaganda when he had little to no power at all. Massachusetts had a budget gap of about $3 billion. Romney left a SURPLUS.

Romney tried to introduce Melanies law for drunk drivers, the MA legislature removed ALL the provisions that had any teeth so MA could continue to have one of the weakest drunk driving laws in the country. Romney refused to sign what they passed and sent it back. There was another drunk driving death and Romney FORCED the Democrats to pass a bill that actually did something. You are clueless and just ate what you got spoonfed.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

Double

edit on 14-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join