It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs accumulate that liberals are embarrassed by Obama - The tides have turned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Signs accumulate that liberals are embarrassed by Obama

President Obama's poor debate performance may have shattered some illusions among his supporters in the liberal media elite. Having invested themselves in the illusion of him as the fulfillment of the liberal dream of shattering glass ceilings and pernicious racial stereotypes, his evident lack of preparation felt like a betrayal to some. They are starting to catch on that they bought into an illusion. So they are turning on him.

Since the debate Obama has been running around making all kinds of excuses and attacks but they are feeble at best.

The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza summed it up nicely in a tweet: "Obama hitting back today at all of Romney's attacks last night is the ultimate Costanza 'jerk store' moment."

(If you don't understand the reference, you can watch the relevant Seinfeld clip below)

Obviously people like Jay Leno, John Stewart, Jimmy Fallon, and Bill Maher had a blast poking fun at him about his debate performance but the disappointment goes much deeper. Long before the debates the democrats were actually considering a replacement nominee for 2012. Democrat Congressman Dennis Kucinich raised the question on whether President Obama’s military actions against Libya were an impeachable offense. Pro-choice activists and immigration reformers who Obama courted in 08’ are pissed that their issues have taken a backseat to other things such as Obamacare. Obama’s record high deportation rate has a lot of Latinos scratching their heads.

Obama’s campaign and popularity are sinking like the Titanic. His numbers are falling faster than unemployment is rising.

I think the writing is on the wall…..there won’t be a second term.

Two questions:

1) What do you think he can legitimately do to salvage this campaign?

2) What do you think he’ll actually do to salvage his campaign.

edit on 7-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm sure noooooo Obama lover. However, let's not write the final chapter to his political career just yet. I think this race has shown more than any, how anything can happen.

At the very least, he still has the next debate. If he skunks 2 in a row, then I'll feel more comfortable about agreeing with you. McCain was a 'My Friend' kinda guy...and so Obama's never really been tested with open, unscripted confrontation like that when anyone really thinks about it. McCain just didn't have it in him. Romney sure does....

So let see if Obama learns and adapts. If he does, I'd say it's still nose and nose to the finish at this point. Like I said though, if he blows the next one..or doesn't truly shine to be realistic, then he better start planning seriously on that new Hawaii estate, IMO. He'll be moving in a few months.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm so sick of people focusing on crap like this, instead of really worrying about the issues. The president is pretty well reigned in by congress, and that is where the vast majority of important decisions get made. I know a lot of liberals, and I would say this is just propaganda, because from what I hear, they are not sick of Obama. But the morons claim that Obama is a liar, while planning on voting for Romney despite the fact that he is a notorious liar, with documentation and videos to prove it. He only lied 9 times during the debate, but that isn't important. What is important is to attack Obama right?

This is what will happen if Romney wins. Things will get worse, and all the republicans will blame Obama. But what happens when Obama tries to blame Bush for some of our problems now? The republicans aren't having that. Hypocrites. Obama has done more constructive things, or attempted to, than Bush ever did. So why in the world would we want republicans in office again, because they are just going to run the economy even further into the ground.

Trickle down economics is how the rich get super rich, and the middle class turns into an amalgamation of lower class. THAT is republican ideology. That, and outdated beliefs and ideas. It is no coincidence that the majority of racists, per polls/surveys conducted, have republican leanings. I have also seen it in my own family, and others who I have heard discuss politics. It is sickening.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I'm so sick of people focusing on crap like this, instead of really worrying about the issues. The president is pretty well reigned in by congress, and that is where the vast majority of important decisions get made. I know a lot of liberals, and I would say this is just propaganda, because from what I hear, they are not sick of Obama.

Your liberal friends may not be sick of Obama, but Congress is, and that's what really matters after all, isn't it?

Congress wants a leader who will work with them, not talk smack about them at every campaign rally and embarrass them to a point where they try to distance themselves from him, which is what most of them have done.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Which campaign are you watching?

The one that is leading in national polls, leading in electoral college votes, leading in almost all swing states, and that just broke a fundraising record last month?

Or is there another Obama campaign I don't know about?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

so Obama's never really been tested with open, unscripted confrontation like that when anyone really thinks about it.

You must not have watched the debates with Hillary and Obama.

The nastiest politics Obama has faced was from Hillary and team, Romney is nothing compared to her. The last debate was the absolute best Romney could offer, and Obama just let him spit out as many lies as he could. You know and I know (everyone knows) that isn't how Obama usually debates.

So I love all the over-confidence you, the OP, and Republicans in general are showing right now. You guys are spiking the football while you are still losing late in the 4th quarter.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by seabag

The one that is leading in national polls, leading in electoral college votes, leading in almost all swing states, and that just broke a fundraising record last month?

yeah, i don't get it either....so they would rather vote for a multi-millionaire from a wealthy family, who is the owner of an financial investment company, with off-shore tax-haven accounts, that has been an insider of wall street for most of his life, has closed down american companies for his own personal profit, has invested in companies that sent american jobs offshore......he's the one that is going to save the middle class and poor......right!....sure!...i believe that!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'll save a victory dance until after the debates concerning foreign policy.

I see Obama's ship sinking though.

Gas prices increasing, foreign policy a disaster, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Clinton did some pretty Liberal things his first two years as President and the Democrats took a severe beating in Congressional races. He took it to heart and did some compromising with Congress. That assured his re-election. Obama has doubled down on his Liberal agenda and refused to compromise to get things done. There lies the problem. By becoming a dictator instead of an even handed leader with the ability to reach across the isle he has effectively shot himself in the foot. America wants no part of a Dictatorship and it is too late to compromise. He just plain thinks too highly of himself. Other opinions DO count whether he likes it or not. He pissed away the first two years of his Dictatorship on Obamacare. Had he focused on the economy in a bipartisan way he would have no problem being re-elected.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Bit of a Stretch Seabag, but thats been your MO this Election Season.

Can we actually look at the Truth about this Debate, (look whom I asking) for what it was.

The Real Story is that Obama was supposed to Destroy Romney, and that didnt happen.

Romney Didnt Look Good, Obama Looked Bad.

But to the Followers of Romney, thats a Major Win .

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm sure noooooo Obama lover. However, let's not write the final chapter to his political career just yet. I think this race has shown more than any, how anything can happen.

I didn’t say it was over, just that it appears to me the writing is on the wall. There is still time for things to change.

At the very least, he still has the next debate. If he skunks 2 in a row, then I'll feel more comfortable about agreeing with you. McCain was a 'My Friend' kinda guy...and so Obama's never really been tested with open, unscripted confrontation like that when anyone really thinks about it. McCain just didn't have it in him. Romney sure does....

I don’t see the next debate going any differently than the first. He still has to try and defend an indefensible position. At this point he really has to do so without telling us what he “inherited” or he’ll risk further turning off voters.

So let see if Obama learns and adapts. If he does, I'd say it's still nose and nose to the finish at this point. Like I said though, if he blows the next one..or doesn't truly shine to be realistic, then he better start planning seriously on that new Hawaii estate, IMO. He'll be moving in a few months.

I bet he’s taken his Hawaiian shirts to the dry cleaners’ already. What that means…I don’t know.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

so Obama's never really been tested with open, unscripted confrontation like that when anyone really thinks about it.

The nastiest politics Obama has faced was from Hillary and team, Romney is nothing compared to her. The last debate was the absolute best Romney could offer, and Obama just let him spit out as many lies as he could. You know and I know (everyone knows) that isn't how Obama usually debates

I'd disagree on that. Hillary and Obama were still on the same side in the end. Any doubts of that fact or thought that the real NASTY sniping between them was real vanished when he offered her the Secy State Position and she happily accepted. They're both, apparently, quite happy to work closely on a daily basis. Now, how likely is that if what appeared to be between them and how deep it SEEMED to run..were real? You didn't also think Hillary's tears in 2008 were real did you?

They're both lawyers after all. That means they're both liars and actors by professional training before going into politics. What more can ya say? Hillary and Obama gave people a show worth the ticket to watch.

Now Romney shocked me. I've never seen a Candidate be that forward and aggressive at the national level of political debate. Not like that. I respect it, actually...but it was shocking. He basically broke all the little unwritten rules of etiquette which has always insured neither guy comes out losing TOO badly. Romney just kept going...and, well, It's kinda nice to see someone with fire in their gut and not Jello. It put Obama in shock though, was my take. He never saw it coming. Honestly, he didn't have reason he should have. Romney did something new with that full blown offense.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Playing Devils Advocate here, are the Republicans not more embarrased of the Bush's and later Romneys 48% gaff. If the Americans vote in Romney, there are more stupid people in America than I first thought. I know there are lots of intelligent people there but it looks like they are outnumbered by the ignorant and stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
: Saw that picture last nite, and yeah they mocked and laughed at Eastwood.

Guess who is laughing now?

Eastwood: Get off my chair!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm so sick of people focusing on crap like this, instead of really worrying about the issues.

The issues are what has buried him!!

The president is pretty well reigned in by congress, and that is where the vast majority of important decisions get made. I know a lot of liberals, and I would say this is just propaganda, because from what I hear, they are not sick of Obama. But the morons claim that Obama is a liar, while planning on voting for Romney despite the fact that he is a notorious liar, with documentation and videos to prove it. He only lied 9 times during the debate, but that isn't important. What is important is to attack Obama right?

What’s important to me is to point out that he’s had 4 years (and he controlled both houses of congress for 2 of the 4) yet we are father in the hole now than at any time in our history. It’s time for a change in leadership. We already know where 4 years of Obama gets us. I’d vote for Bill Maher before I’d vote for Obama.

This is what will happen if Romney wins. Things will get worse, and all the republicans will blame Obama.

How do you know this to be true? You don’t!

Trickle down economics is how the rich get super rich, and the middle class turns into an amalgamation of lower class. THAT is republican ideology. That, and outdated beliefs and ideas. It is no coincidence that the majority of racists, per polls/surveys conducted, have republican leanings. I have also seen it in my own family, and others who I have heard discuss politics. It is sickening.

So tax and spend works?
Why then is the country in so much more debt and why is unemployment higher? There are more poor now than at anytime in the last 3 decades!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I’m watching the campaign whose lead went from double digits to within the margin of error on polls despite obvious over sampling of democrats.

He's sinking fast......

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Trickle down economics is how the rich get super rich, and the middle class turns into an amalgamation of lower class

Trickle up economics which started in 1935 has worked out so well hasn't it?

There are more poor people than ever 4 more years 4 more years of the same failed social engineering.

Trickle down is working just fine in China, you know that place those American business go because of the hostile environment here.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The problem is Obama could even not show up for the next two debates and he will still win. So many bought into the "hope and change" that they are unwilling to realize they made a mistake or were fooled.

The same people who say Romney is some evil Mormon overlook Obama's 20 years connection with the radical Rev Wright, AND that his church has been Obama's largest charity contribution.

The same people who say Romney is some evil rich guy who cost 100s their jobs overlook Obama's connection with some really radical supporters in Chicago, and the true lack of experience he has.

Same people who say Romney is a warmonger overlook all that Obama has done...Not sure why they call him that..I guess it was all the warmongering he did in the Winter Olympics and as Governor.

This all and more speaks loud and truthfully that America doesn't care what Obama fails to do and he will get a second term all the same.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

So tax and spend works?
Why then is the country in so much more debt and why is unemployment higher? There are more poor now than at anytime in the last 3 decades!

I'd have thought that would have been obvious. There is a world rescession on didn't you know? And since did countries economic policies start coming to fruition overnight?

The republicans advocated a mass outsourcing of US jobs, the Republicans spent all of America's reserves on phoney wars and the Republicans laid the foundations with their economic policies for the mess you are in today. Obama has done a pretty good job of Damage control because the dollar should have already sunk by now.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll save a victory dance until after the debates concerning foreign policy.

No celebrating here yet but I do have two case of marshmallows I plan on roasting over some of the fires set by angry Obama supporters!

I see Obama's ship sinking though.

Gas prices increasing, foreign policy a disaster, etc.

….poor debate performances, lack of accountability, lack of transparency, a growing list of campaign promises from 08’ broken, skyrocketing unemployment, etc, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join