It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can you contribute?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

If the SHTF, people building a core survival group may very well look at this terminally ill 90 lb woman and assume that she would be nothing but a burden to the group, but in judging so they would be alienating me and all of the skills that I could contribute to enhance the groups health and survival.

Link to ~Vixen~ skills

edit on 10/8/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

Not me
I am always happy to be shocked by people.. well shocked in a good way

When I was a kid we had this old guy we called THE BEAR. He was a homeless guy, seemed nutty as hell. He wasnt, now that Im older I see it was maybe crazy like a fox
He would come down by the dock while we were fishing and The Bear would say .. hey, you gonna throw that fish back?
The Bear ate fresh fish that he didnt even have to catch himself all day. I thought they called him the bear cause he was by far the most hairy guy Ive ever seen.. but it was because the bear would paw fish after they came out of the water. LOL! When I got to be a teen we used to invite the Bear to clam and shrimp bonfires... even though he had enough personal convictions and ethics to not buy the liquor we inevitably asked him to buy for us
Never underestimate folks.. NEVER. I figure if the bear was still alive Id invite him as a core member... that guy wasnt a survivor.. he was a THRIVER. Bear taught us kids how to cook in sand

Here is how he did it:

you make a pump or mound about a foot high. you stick your wood or kindling and wood on top of that mound and let it cook down to embers. brush them off and dig a hole in the sand mound... then put in your fish or whatever... then cover it back up with sand and brush the embers back on top. Depending on what youre cooking time will vary. Just easy as heck and Voila.. stuffs cooked. I looked on the net several yrs ago and found that sand mound cooking is now a "survival" technique.

Never underestimate anyone... biggest lesson I had ever learned.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by denver22

Is that your plan? To woo the women with verse and then copulate with them? Bravo.

Just checking in chief! mission accomplishment is well underway.I have two females signd up for
the breeding program allready, and are more than willing to participate

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

reply to post by denver22

Is that your plan? To woo the women with verse and then copulate with them? Bravo.

Just checking in chief! mission accomplishment is well underway.I have two females signd up for
the breeding program allready, and are more than willing to participate

Be prepared to realize most of us look at our bodies as a play ground rather than breeding ground. Just a FYI.. might aid in your survival... as we will be armed when you hit us up for rental space in our wombs.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Be prepared to realize most of us look at our bodies as a play ground rather than breeding ground. Just a FYI.. might aid in your survival... as we will be armed when you hit us up for rental space in our wombs.

I see your location says the broom factory I'll get you my little pretty for the breeding program .
and your female friends too

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I play the triangle and cowbell in a band,people will need there music
edit on 8-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
I play the triangle and cowbell in a band,i will be very popular with deaf people

I like the sound of that..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I can cook on a wood cookstove, dutch oven, and in a tin can on the coals.
I hunt, clean, and butcher. I garden with heirloom seeds and preserve the produce.
I spent a few years without electricity, water, indoor plumbing, phone, television, etc until my son was 2 years old. I can wash laundry by hand and have it come clean. I can use a hammer, saw, bow saw, wedge and maul, axe, etc.
I'm a fair carpenter, good with small engines (briggs/tecumseh etc.), and pre 80s carbureted engines. I can knit, sew, crochet and weave. I'm a decent shot and nearly always only use one shot to put down game. I'm learning the sling shot. I'm good with chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats, horses, dogs (no recent experience with cows).
I can do without and make do - without whining. BTDT. I probably have a lot more skills that would be needed that just aren't coming to mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I can cook on a wood cookstove, dutch oven, and in a tin can on the coals.
I hunt, clean, and butcher. I garden with heirloom seeds and preserve the produce.
I spent a few years without electricity, water, indoor plumbing, phone, television, etc until my son was 2 years old. I can wash laundry by hand and have it come clean. I can use a hammer, saw, bow saw, wedge and maul, axe, etc.
I'm a fair carpenter, good with small engines (briggs/tecumseh etc.), and pre 80s carbureted engines. I can knit, sew, crochet and weave. I'm a decent shot and nearly always only use one shot to put down game. I'm learning the sling shot. I'm good with chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats, horses, dogs (no recent experience with cows).
I can do without and make do - without whining. BTDT. I probably have a lot more skills that would be needed that just aren't coming to mind.
Thanks for writing mine for me
no goat expiriance tho
To add:
Ive learned plenty about Medicinal herbs and plants
Have solid background in nutrition and health practices
I know where to get unlimited supplies of diesel from across the country if needed(in case of a road trip) and not from a standard fuel station either..
And Im a multi talented musician..Drums, guitar, Piano, harmonica and I can sing

edit on 8-10-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

But do you work with film and dark rooms.. and serial kill and transform on the side ( as a hobby) , Red Dragon??

I always read these posts.. and you know, maybe in time things like herbal meds will be needed and all of that.. but I guarantee you that in a square block in my town I could find enough pharmaceuticals to treat 100 people for a year with on and off label uses. Hell.. a whole world of medicine cabinets await us as far as being able to treat the sick, wean the addicted, and care for those who require meds.

I can hook up your truck to a homebrew gassifier. If you can play cowbell and chop wood, youre hired.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have the habit of being truthful.

I speak fluent spanish and english.

I play the drums/ any percussion. It can be used for keeping spirits high/having fun/dancing

I am a skilled laborer. knowledge in various types of construction.

I have the ability to procreate!

I can remain level headed and calm in hazardous/ tense situations.

I am a pretty good shot with a rifle and handgun. I am beginning training in sword (katana) fighting.

Theres more but you don't wanna read a bunch so I'll leave it at that for now

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Hell.. a whole world of medicine cabinets await us as .

something tells me (Katrina) that there will be at least 100 people with the same thought
as you and will already have raided the pharmacy. Good luck

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
physician / surgeon - trained in both western medicine and TCM ( traditional chinese medicine ) .. carpenter - built my house and clinic from the ground up .. martial arts instructer - practiced since early childhood ... feng shui master ... gardener... historian,.. and make damn good sake ...
edit on 8/10/12 by Expat888 because: drunk tengu causing mischief...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 8-10-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
physician / surgeon - trained in both western medicine and TCM ( traditional chinese medicine ) .. carpenter - built my house and clinic from the ground up .. maggrtial arts instructer - practiced since early childhood ... feng shui master ... gardener... historian,.. and make damn good sake ...

You should move into my neighborhood

there is a 4200 SQ FT house behind us.. kinda small but usefull

edit on 8-10-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Hell.. a whole world of medicine cabinets await us as .

something tells me (Katrina) that there will be at least 100 people with the same thought
as you and will already have raided the pharmacy. Good luck

I am from NO and still had fam there during Katrina. They werent looking for BP meds and antiemetics like Zofran or antibiotics.
Raiding and being selective when you have medical knowledge is a little different. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

well, make sure you have a good team behind you while you do this.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
eagle scout , wilderness survival instructor, half native american, machinist, millwright, boilermaker, welder, trained gunsmith, mechanic , airframe and powerplant mechanic, electrician, plumber, carpenter, hunter, trapper, paralegal, jack of all trades, country boy from louisiana. i got mad skills for when the s.h.t.f. my line of thinking is that i will probably be far away from my b.o.b. just when the s.h.t.f. so i will rely on my knowledge base and solid training and practice to get me through.... oh yeah , planning on going as far from other people as possible when t.s.h.t.f.
edit on 8-10-2012 by chopperswolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

You me and the drummer guy can be the groups evening entertainment. I have about 20 yrs musical exp. believe me when I say this, Denver will not be alone in copious procreation. We will be here to set the mood and the. Help out.

What say you, Denver? Don't forget to set the candles does for that sexy pre baby making mood.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by nimbinned

Let's hear one!

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing.

He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.
The light went out.
The river ran again.
And the sounds of the forest resumed.
And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful...AMEN!"

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by nimbinned

I know a lot of good jokes. I'll provide the humour. A valued commodity I would expect when everyone is feeling down in the dumps.

Let's hear one we need one at this point fire away..

The Pope just finished a tour of the East Coast and was taking a limousine to the airport. Since he'd never driven a limo, he asked the chauffeur if he could drive for a while. The reluctant chauffeur pulled over along the roadside, climbed into the back of the limo and let the Pope take the wheel. The Pope then merged onto the highway and accelerated to over 90 mph to see what the limo could do.

Suddenly, the Pope noticed the blue light of the State Patrol in his side mirror, so he pulled over. As the trooper approached the limo the front window rolled down and he peered in. Suddenly he said in a flustered voice, "Just a moment please, I need to call in."

The trooper called his boss and explained that he had just pulled over a very important person for speeding. "How do I handle this, chief?" asked the trooper.

"Who is it? Is it the Governor?" questioned the chief.

"No! This guy is more important! than that"

"Gosh, is it the President?" asked the chief.

"No! Far more important!"

"Well, who the heck is it?" screamed the chief.

"I don't know, sir," replied the trooper, "but he's got the Pope driving his limo."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join