It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can you contribute?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Enough open pollination, heirloom seeds to grow 10 acres of food along with all the hand tools, knowledge, and experience to make it work.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

If you are in the boonies, that may just be enough. Good on you for forward thinking!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I study herbal medicines, preservation techniques with wild yeasts, and know how to make bread from pretty much any grain you throw at me.

I also know how to make booze from wild yeast.

Am I hired?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Yes. The CIA will be contacting you shortly.

Whatever happened to that member that wanted to know what my agenda was? Did my goons get him...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by denver22

Aren't you supposed to be out pitching woo?
I'm on it chief give me some time

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My skills will be shooting/hunting (learned in Army)....gardening.....cooking.....and reproducing to keep population high and eventually lessen the work load..lmao

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

All good skills. Have you met Denver22 yet?
I'm trying buddy!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by kat2684

All good skills. Have you met Denver22 yet?
I'm trying buddy!
i told yer i
wouldn't let you down chief ..im doing me bit lol..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Two years of welding technologies, and a sheet metal worker.

I can Jerry rig anything. Will miss the duct tape though.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Let's see:
gardening and seed preservation
food preservation, drying, canning
small livestock herding, husbandry, birthing, butchering, and preservation
wood craft and lore... cabin building, furniture making with an axe and froe, right woods for right job, felling trees
land navigation
stone craft, fence and foundation building
carpentry
dowsing, moon signs, folk craft, primitive arts
herbalist, medicinal herbs
excellent cook, cooking with cast iron pans
barn building, sheds
scavenger, recycler of common items into useful goods
fishing
can make jams, preserves, and wine from fruit
bread maker

Basically set up to live without technology, pretty much 19th century... and have actually lived it for 3 years back in the 1990s.Once you set up your routine and get used to it, not a bad lifestyle at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A few years back, I collected black sand from a stream bed, and smelted it in a coal/coke fire, and cast an axe head from it on a lark. I've also make a functioning match lock musket from salvaged metals, and, just to see if I could, I made my own black powder to feed it.
So, I got that going on.
Oh yeah, six years as a infantry sniper might count for something.
I know where to get my nicotine without tobacco, caffine without coffee, and asprine without pills.
I know two diffrent ways to tan hides in the field, four ways to cook a possum, and how to saddle break a wild horse.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I think we have a winner. Do you get the title of spock or yoda? Please link any threads that you have made here on survival please.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Why miss it? Start buying in bulk!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DC434L2A

I would be very interested to hear how you made the axe head. Was it durable? How long did it last? Sorry, I'm sure I could google it, but I like to actually hear from people that have experience!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Have you priced a roll of duct tape lately?

I have been preoccupied by trying to keep fuel in the gas tank.

I will have to deal with what I got and what I can scrounge up.

Money is a bit tight tight now.
edit on 7-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: typing on the gfs damn phone

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Ebay is cheaper than anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
My skills will be shooting/hunting (learned in Army)....gardening.....cooking.....and reproducing to keep population high and eventually lessen the work load..lmao

(youll do darlin your hired) what say you my lady, will you help denver here help you to reproduce?.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Top notch welder, 24 years experience welding on US Navy ships, including nuclear cert.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Me:

* Retired medical doctor/surgeon.
* First husband was a dentist. I worked at his side part time for about a year, so I have pretty solid knowledge of the dental field as well. (fillings, extractions, root canals, etc) Licensing and regulatory restrictions aside, in the case of a SHTF scenario, I can perform emergency dental services as needed.
* Former military officer (10 years) I have a basic understanding of tactics, and can competently handle firearms. (completed final qual on all my marksmanship medals)
* Hold current Class 3 issued by the ATF, and hold state issued CPL. I'm an avid firearms collector, and have sufficient supplies to last for quite a while.
* I'm a packrat, and generally have enough food and supplies stockpiled to sustain myself, my kids and grandkids for approx 1 year.
* I'm NOT a very good gardener, in fact everything i try to grow tends to die, however I do have the property to sustain gardening. (preferably someone elses gardening)
* I'm an ok seamstress (just don't complain if one pant leg is slightly longer than the other)
* I love to cook, and know how to improvise with recipes depending on the ingredients available.

In a SHTF scenario, my plan is more to gather the family, protect what we have and ride out the storm, though in some cases I'm not adverse to interaction with the outside community.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I know the basis for many of the pharmaceutical drugs. I can also hunt, fish, and grow some veggies.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join