It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can that be ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello Fellow Friends,

Have you ever experienced time distortions?

I ask because I have experienced something that simply doesn't make any sense. I have looked at different information before putting this thread up, googled about it, searched ATS related threads and haven't found a valid explanation...

You see, as I was writing a James Bond thread for their 50th film anniversary, I came across a video of both Britt Ekland and Richard Kiel being interviewed about it. Thing is, I vividly remember them both having died years ago !

As I was listening to ATSLive last night, while the panel talked about Morrison, one of them brought the point of dead celebrities that were found to be alive years later...so I looked at different threads about it. I remember reading, here and there, about Billy Graham having died but was still alive, same for Nelson Mandela and I always tossed these threads out with a big and far from convinced meh...

Seems like I am now experiencing these "time slips" or "time distortions" or whatever you want to call them...and I need answers ! I do not take any medication, nor drugs and I would think that I am a down to earth individual but how do I explain something like that?

For those of you who are old enough to remember, Britt Ekland had played in "The Man with the Golden Gun".

www.imdb.com...

She had been one of my favorite Bond girls and I remember having it found a pity that she had died, many many years ago, in her early forties, from cancer.

Richard Kiel was the famous "Jaws" in Bond movies - Roger Moore era.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some of you that are not Bond fans might remember him in the Sandler comedy "Happy Gilmore".

www.imdb.com...

Every single year, I watch the Oscars, never miss them and I always look with interest at the "In Memoriam" clips that show who had passed during the year. Ekland, I remember reading tabloids about her death. Kiel, I remember seeing him in those "In Memoriam" clips from a few years ago. I also remember reading tabloids about the "famous celebrity that had played the Jaws Villain" having passed away...

While looking into different articles and video for the Bond thread, it was a shock and a half to come across this video, where they are still BOTH alive !!!:

I have found two articles that might swing theories for these time inconsistensies...

The first one talks of time distortions and the Dissociative Identity Disorder or DID:

Effects of Trauma on the Mind

The second talks about time distortions and a relation to a superconsciousness:

Superconscious: Time Distortion

I have looked into 2 ATS related threads which I found to be interesting:

Something has changed, timeline?

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

But I am still hungry for answers. I have a problem with lalaland theories such as the Hadron Collider creating time slips (as an example) and look for down to earth answers. Could our brain create these false memories, for one reason or another? Could our perception be altered in a way that our timeline reality gets out of focus? Could a trauma cause our brains to perceive a different past that what has actually happened?

Many questions, very little answers. Would you like to share what you think, if you have experienced something similar and give your opinion as to what causes this? Cause I would really appreciate!

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can COMPLETELY relate to this. Yesterday I learnt that Amy Winehouse died in July 2011, more then a year ago. I have a clear memory of her death, and those finding out the cause, happening alot more recently then 1 year ago.

Also, it alarmed me when I read Obama was elected in 2008, it felt like the whole commotion of him becoming president and "he being the first african-american president" only happened in 2010.

When I think of the year 2008 I know what happened but I have no recollection of there being an election. I remember the election happening way lator. Wierd eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yea there's some crazy stuff going on.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I had an experience like that. My friends told me Morgan Freeman has died and I'm like, "Oh heck no, I can't believe this. I would have seen it!" I'm a member of one of the most prolific news centers (ATS) and if something like that had happened, I would have known about it.

So I looked it up, and guess what? Internet rumor. Idiots spreading gossip like it's a disease. That's how you have such a strong memory of those things, because the people embellished on it and made it memorable.

Pure cyber idiocy.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would say you are a grounded individual. Well anchored in reality. I have no clue what might account for these episodes, I can tell you they seem rather innocent really. Apart from the whole question your sanity bit.

Going by other posts you have made you tend to question reality anyway, now you get to examine some other assumptions, about time. Yay!
I am jealous of your future
Mad skills gonna come in handy.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A few years ago I was listening to the radio and it was announced that Gloria Gaynor (sp?) had died of cancer. It was announced during their news segment, not just the djs talking to each other. Anyway, this struck me bc she was the singer of that song "I Will Survive" and it struck me as ironic.

Anyway, she's not dead. So I can totally relate.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I do not remember that, however I just asked a friend who is sitting here and he thought that Richard Kiel was dead. He says he clearly remembers seeing a clip on television about his death.

So, it is not just you. This has happened to me as well, but with other people. I am curious as to why we would have false memories, or how so many could remember exact details, and even dates, when something never happened. Weird.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

I do not remember that, however I just asked a friend who is sitting here and he thought that Richard Kiel was dead. He says he clearly remembers seeing a clip on television about his death.

Whoa, I remember the exact same thing your friend relayed in detail. I was in another room when I heard on the tv about him dying and I entered the room to see what the actor looked like when it said he was the actor from the James Bond movie. It was the clip of him with the metal teeth. Too strange.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya

Originally posted by PacificBlue

Whoa, I remember the exact same thing your friend relayed in detail. I was in another room when I heard on the tv about him dying and I entered the room to see what the actor looked like when it said he was the actor from the James Bond movie. It was the clip of him with the metal teeth. Too strange.

Both your's and PacificBlue's replies, regarding Kiel, are reassuring! This youtube video (Ekland & Kiel) has made me question my own sanity. As if I was afraid that my brain was creating false assumptions about the past, for one reason or another. Seeing that I am not alone is an enormous relief !!

Now, the question remains. How can that be ??

Is it possible that the media is screwing around with our minds? That would be my second best guess so far...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The media must really be messing with us! You are not alone. Richard Kiel (also from Happy Gilmore) WAS, reported dead. Not from internet rumours. (as I never trust any clebrity gossip over the interwebs :lol

As for the Bond Girl, I wouldn't know.

This adds to the list for me though and it doesn't surprise me any longer. Ever Since my Billy Graham episode, this kind of thing perplexes me. Jack Palance was another. It's not just dead celebrities though. It's also minutae in past conversations and life events where timelines do not correlate properly either.

I've experienced glitches in our percieved reality many times to come to realize that things just aren't all we think they're are. No other way to figure it.

I really think we all have the ability to control/mold/shape our realities somewhat and sometimes they get warped and overloaded with others. Kind of like similar parallel dimensions that bleed into the next seamlessly. (but not always unnoticed in retrospect)

new topics

top topics

join