It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario what addiction are you going to be dealing with?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Come to think of it. I have a teenage boy and I have not seen his whole face at one glance in years. This may be a good thing !!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
no caffeine and/or no chocolate = bad things happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I too would miss ATS overall. I have to admit that I come here everyday. First thing in the morning and the last site I check before bed, even after I check the weather.

Until now I didn't realize the addiction I have.

"Hello everyone, My tag is TheLieWeLive and I'm an ATS addict."

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I wonder how I've managed to avoid being banned. I have certainly had enough posts removed. My u2u file shows this.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Although I am not a diabetic or asthmatic, I do have multiple sclerosis and rely on daily injections to help reduce relapses...If I relapse and do not have an ability to get huge doses of IV steroids, I will die......I can only have 3 months of injections at a time.......sooooooooo, it is worrisome, especially with young kids.

I then think about my father who relies on oxygen to live....not a thought I like to think about.

My other addictions will the the lack of chocolate (dark or milk), toothpaste and toothbrushes and toilet paper. That's why I stock up now.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

No matter how long the power is out, two days or two weeks, I will still hit that light switch every time I go in that room.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Yes ! I am what used to be called a book worm. I dont know what they call me now but I still love books. I have a kindle and I have a book case in literally every room in my home including the bathroom and two in the basement ! That episode really hit home with me. !

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I too would miss ATS overall. I have to admit that I come here everyday. First thing in the morning and the last site I check before bed, even after I check the weather.

Until now I didn't realize the addiction I have.

"Hello everyone, My tag is TheLieWeLive and I'm an ATS addict."

Rut ro, is this the begining of a new twelve step program ?
Hello everyone, My Name is Karen61057 and I am an ATS Addict.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

It may have a lot to do with what you wrote and just how controversial it was . I've had a thread removed but it was mainly because it went south real quick after starting it. Not necessary anything I wrote but the subject matter could have went either way. Needless to say it went the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

yea thanks pal,bit of a harsh step banning me i thought but hey im back and will keep in line now lol

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just counted up my addictions and it scares me.. They are coffee, chocolate, hard candy, tobacco, cyclobenzaprine, lorazepam, tramadol and morphine... Tobacco and chocolate withdrawals are the worst.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Right off the bat, I haven't read 4 pages of replies so this is mostly directed at the OP...

I don't know if anyone mentioned (except [color=gold]this reply alluded to my first thought) but I'm absolutely
sure many of us will have internet withdrawal symptoms.

Many more others will have entertainment withdrawals. TV, specifically.

You can expect that major outlets will be fighting hard to make sure propaganda broadcasts continue.

Footnote: We had a power outage back in mid-summer and my neighbor noticed and commented

how the low income housing (section 8's) came streaming outside when their TV's were shut off! LOL.

I smoke outside.

We haven't had TV since forever. No Loss.

I'm OK with the PC being off. Solar powered homebrew.

We have a few pounds of tobacco stash that's growing... If not used in trade, good to smoke.

Section 8, ObamaPhone Recipients AND MORE... Zombie Apocolypse!

Word to the wise.
edit on 10·7·12 by DrMattMaddix because: ... I can!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Thank God this is just a scenario then. I made this thread to make people think ahead in case it was to really happen, but I can see you already have. We are a strong race so if something does goes wrong hopefully we will bounce back within a few months.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Marmite

2nd

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I've never had Marmite or for that matter I've never had Vegemite.

Am I missing out? A friend of mine says no.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Strange how these SHTF questions keep coming up! Who wants to know and more importantly,,,,,, why???!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien44
Strange how these SHTF questions keep coming up! Who wants to know and more importantly,,,,,, why???!!!!!!

Why not? I'd personally like to consider these scenarios because honestly, anything can happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Without his anti-seizure meds, my son would probably die within 3 days' time. Any minor inconveniences of my own pale in comparison to that.

I have to say that most of us seem to underestimate our ability to adapt to conditions under dire circumstances. The mind and body have a remarkable way of rising to the occasion when the situation calls for it. I have overcome at least two serious addictions in my lifetime, including a ten-year, 2-pack a day smoking habit, so I don't say this lightly. It's all a matter of the deeper motivation.

On a more jocular note, I am utterly shocked that no one mentioned BACON! C'mon! This is ATS, after all.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I dig most drugs, but I have no addictions.

I'd be addicted to staying alive. As a previous poster said.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is going to sound weird but sleeping without a fan. I can't sleep unless it's dark, quiet and some white noise going on. I think it would take me a while to get over it but it would be hard. I might be a little screwed with the lack of my anxiety jells too, but those are all natural so I'm assuming I'd be able to find something that might help.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join