It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trouble At Reactor 4

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As I've mentioned elsewhere, all of Japan sits on a fault. Some places worse than others, granted.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My biggest issue with the whole situation now is the absolute lack of any "new" news so to speak. Unless you actively search out news about the power facilities in question there is nothing. This is an ongoing situation that is as far as most understand still out of control. A problem lacking contingency in all aspects.

Some say the containment pools were breached, some say the cores have melted through, and the fuel is working downwards to the water table. Other say "everything is fine, over and over till we believe".

Last I heard of any "new" news was that Toshiba has created a new radiation resistant robot to clean the place up. Which to me screams we are still emiting radiation at a high level, and this place is still a threat of untold proportions.

I as well agree that we can scream from the rooftops about the placement of such facilities, and thats all fine and dandy but still doesn't solve this current issue. In the future our voices may prevent such assbackwards judgement but still remains just white noise to this situation.

I for one on the west coast would like proper and truthful info about the water surrounding Fukishima, I would love to know just how much radiation we on the west coast have been subjected too. I would love to know the state of reactor 2 and 4 with updates that can be trusted. ENEnews as another had said do seem to try and sensationalize the issue for views to there site in a way because even though I posted the OP i have a hard time finding other sources that say there is a continuation of the sinking if it has stopped, should we expect further. But yet nothing that states for or against further land shift.

I just know me, myself I worry that what were not told is far worse than what we have been told, and that this ongoing disaster is only one big shake up away from cataclysmic failure, and my future thousands of kilometers being adversely effected worse than it may already be.

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

How can we confirm the validity of any of these reports?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This video is "old", but related to Fukushima's reactor 4

And today, a magnitude 7.3 + aftershocks hit less than 300 km away from Fukushima...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Its a little unsettling, we may not have heard the end of this. I'm reading

The quake measured a "lower 5" in Miyagi prefecture on Japan's scale of one to seven, meaning there might be some damage to roads and houses that are less quake resistant.

The scale measures the amount of shaking and in that sense gives a better idea of possible damage than the magnitude. The quake registered a 4 in Tokyo

www.timeslive.co.za...

Seemed a tad early to be saying everything is fine when the workers were evacuated.. You wouldn't think they would even be settled back in already.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Very good point and if you listen to the sound bite from my original OP, the diplomat says anything over a 6+ and we could be in for some serious issues. My hopes are that the work that has been done at the site has secured the fuel rod pools and secured what they could of the reactors. So that this ongoing problem hasen't been made worse.

Only time will tell...

SaneThinking

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join