Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel shoots down their own drone

page: 3
16
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
All media are reporting that the drone came from the Mediterranean Sea. Looks as though next stage has started as Israeli airplanes buzz Lebanon.

I must say that the camera angle is strange - it is neither from the aircraft nor from the missile itself. Unlike when the Mig shot down the drone - in this case the drone took the film.




posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by synapsis
 


So some youtube guy is the whistle blower........
How gullible can people be?



I think Israel and its leaders are nuts but come on people. I could make a youtube video saying the sky is falling and people would believe it.



This whole thread is subjective truth. But it is put forward as fact by the OP who wants to believe. You could go so far as to say this is a HOAX.




And just so we are clear I think Israel and it government are nuts.
edit on 7-10-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by superman2012
 





was trying to say was that if Israel does not blame Iran in some way, then I would be surprised.


They are pinning the blame on little Iran i.e Lebanon.




So, yes. They did get it from another country, I just don't think the US thought that their 2 billion dollar + program was going to benefit Iran.


To be fair, the majority oft he funding went into research. Now that the engineering has been sorted out, a fully functional drone can be made for substantially less.

And, I also do not think this is a 'false flag'. Iran, or Lebanon, would very much want the capability to send drones into Israels airspace.


Yes they are blaming Hezbollah, but they had to mention that it was Iranian tech.

Yes the majority of the research went into funding that's why I said the 2 billion dollar + program. The drones themselves cost in the millions of dollars...still too expensive for my tastes.

Agreed on the false flag. I believe every nation spies on eachother. I think that is one thing wikileaks taught us.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by BlueAjah
 


You all are crazy. Why would an unarmed drone be a false flag that led to open war? Everyone nowadays has drones, and someone wanted to see Israel, or see the IAFs reaction to an airspace incursion. Mission Accomplished, hang up a banner.



I never said this is a false flag, and I don't think it is at all.

I think Iran really did send that drone into Iran. In normal circumstances, it could be argued that this is common practice between countries, and it is. Everyone spies on each other. But at this moment things are very tense between Israel and Iran. Remember the "red line"?

This shows what I mean:

Originally posted by templar knight
All media are reporting that the drone came from the Mediterranean Sea. Looks as though next stage has started as Israeli airplanes buzz Lebanon.


"Lebanon's state news agency reported that Israeli warplanes staged mock raids over the market town of Nabatiyeh and nearby villages. The Israeli military declined to comment on the reports. The exercise comes a day after the Israeli military shot down a drone that crossed deep into Israel from the Mediterranean Sea."

They are all on edge, and every little thing that might be ignored in different circumstances is just adding to the tension.
edit on 10/7/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)
edit on 10/7/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah
 


I sincerely doubt that Israel will seek to add to the already intense conflagrations between itself and Iran.

Israel has one major item on their agenda: blow Iran's nuclear facilities up.

They know that they cannot allow themselves to get dragged into a regional conflict with Hezbollah, although it appears Iran/Hezbollah is seeking to incite them into responding by sending drones into their airspace.

Israel knows they need to concentrate their energies, manpower, and intelligence abilities into planning a strike on Irans facilities. Hezbollah will come right after. But logically they understand that their highest priority is getting rid of Iran's nuclear facility.



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If this is a false flag, whoever thought it up should be fired from their post.

I can think of way more effective false flags then this. Cheaper ones too, missiles and drones are not cheap.

"Iranian agents kidnap Israeli children, demand end of sanctions" Cost: Free cause its just a lie. Or maybe some government agents acting, so their salary for the day/week whatever.

"Iranian commandos delivered via submarine go missing in area near Israeli nuclear reactor" Cost: A blow up raft and some foot prints on a beach.

I could do these all day. Anyways point is, I doubt its a false flag because its not a very provoking one. A good false flag is going to have an emotional impact. They said the drone was unarmed, it would be a better false flag if they said that it WAS carrying weapons.



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge
 


Talk about twisting in the wind....

What you seem to think means Israel is shrinking is analogous to saying the US shrank because they handed Iraq back in 2004.

After all, they were in direct control of the country and ran it's administration after the invasion. However, no one in their right mind would say that the US was shrinking, because everyone knows that the territory they handed back was never part of the US to begin with.

The same can be be said of the Israeli/Palestine situation. Israel has taken more land than originally assigned to them in 1947, to the detriment of the Palestinians. These territories are occupied (and some were actually annexed) so are never part of the original Israeli borders, hence Israel has actually grown in size in 1947 and is only now considering (not actually doing, as obliged by international law) handing back the territories.

This does not mean they are shrinking at all and neither does it mean they are making concessions, as they really should stick to the borders that were given to them and stop trying to steal other people's land, then we might actually have a solution to this ongoing mess.

If they stuck to the 1947 borders, the land now known as Israel and Palestine would be split roughly 50/50, as intended. They stole the land and evicted the inhabitants after '47, then did the same in '67 and have spent the last 40 years trying to convince the rest of the world they are the victims, when in actuality they have perpetuated this nightmare far longer than was necessary.



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT
Why all the hatred for Israel? Really are they so bad trying to have a small place on this planet to call their own?

Find a pre-1948 map of the middle east and than ask yourself : What happened to the poeple who must have been living on the land that is labelled "Palestine".



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012
 


Iran didn't have to work very hard to capture It since It landed on their soil then as a gift to his Muslim brothers Obama wouldn't let the military destroy It. Who Is this guy ?



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Benjamin Netanyahu is the world's number one terrorist and wants blood to spill into the oceans on all continents and has the will and backing to make it happen.

By way of deception eh you bastard?

Megiddo.


LOL

Keep it up smh



This drone came from Iran. Iran had drones before they captured one of ours.



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by redbarron626
 


Yahooo!! I win! Link.


Analysis: With Iranian funds and technological assistance, Hezbollah has been trying to build up its UAV capabilities.


At least Iran has a supporting role. I think I would have lost faith in Israel if they didn't blame Iran.


For f***s sake.... I'm not attacking you Superman fyi... but JPost blaming something on Iran is as good info as my mother telling the world everyone should be nice to her son.

The Israeli government and the psychopath Netanyahu can stick it some place dark.
edit on 8/10/12 by flice because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge
 


Talk about twisting in the wind....

What you seem to think means Israel is shrinking is analogous to saying the US shrank because they handed Iraq back in 2004.

After all, they were in direct control of the country and ran it's administration after the invasion. However, no one in their right mind would say that the US was shrinking, because everyone knows that the territory they handed back was never part of the US to begin with.

The same can be be said of the Israeli/Palestine situation. Israel has taken more land than originally assigned to them in 1947, to the detriment of the Palestinians. These territories are occupied (and some were actually annexed) so are never part of the original Israeli borders, hence Israel has actually grown in size in 1947 and is only now considering (not actually doing, as obliged by international law) handing back the territories.

This does not mean they are shrinking at all and neither does it mean they are making concessions, as they really should stick to the borders that were given to them and stop trying to steal other people's land, then we might actually have a solution to this ongoing mess.

If they stuck to the 1947 borders, the land now known as Israel and Palestine would be split roughly 50/50, as intended. They stole the land and evicted the inhabitants after '47, then did the same in '67 and have spent the last 40 years trying to convince the rest of the world they are the victims, when in actuality they have perpetuated this nightmare far longer than was necessary.


Quoted for the truth...

And let's have a look at that map again!


edit on 8/10/12 by flice because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flice
 


Wait, wasn't it the Palestinians that rejected the 50/50 split way back when? I would hate to get involved in this debate, as it has no winner, and no end, but from what I can recall, the Arab countries and the Palestinians rejected the UN Mandate and then invaded Israel. The fact that Israel pushed back their invaders and secured strategic locations in the very first war cannot be held against them...



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So, I think that all the software for these drones is full of security risks. I think the Israeli drone was hijacked and they chose to destroy it. That is what I believe.

I am a little worried that sooner or later all those drones back home will be up for grabs. I can see any military around the world investing in some brilliant minds to hijack our own weapon systems that are armed and fly over our own cities and troops, home and abroad.

While we can develop more complex systems of security and operations, I see the world population offering more brilliant minds to crack them than we can keep up with.

In the end, remote signals will be at risk, by their use over time. Signals can be intercepted and studied, period.

Even if they are encrypted and use particular identification protocols, enough time and brains will crack their security. They are cool and I am sure they are useful, but they are weaponized aircraft with no loyalty but the right commands in the right format. That to me is not worth the risk.

The Israeli use our weapon systems, if they are compromised, ours are, and vice versa. They might have to ground the whole fleet of them, or risk having to shoot them down.

edit on 8-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 

I do not argue about ethnic cleansing and hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees (though it was mutual and there were many thousands of Jewish refugees too, according to military success of both sides).
However there is a reason that Palestinian declaration of independence was in late 1980s and not in 1947-1948. Situation had nothing in common with Afghanistan or France - those were independent political entities. There was no Palestine and nobody tried to build a Palestine in 1947, it was all about not letting create Israel. Just look at names of political and military forces that oppose Israel and pretended to represent local Arab population.
Arab liberation army, Jihad army, Arab league ,Arab high committee....

Not only that UN partition plan was rejected by Arab states that declared war on Israel,even if Israeli leaders wanted to give back the captured land (and they clearly did not want) - they would have to give it either to Jordanian king or to Egypt that both claimed to represent Palestinians.
So while it is clear that individuals lost their land and belongings in tragic way, there was no single local political entity that lost control over the land because simply there was none.
PLO was established only in 1970s.



posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ
 


Israel uses lots of US systems, but drones that it uses are not American ones.



posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by redbarron626
 


Yahooo!! I win! Link.


Analysis: With Iranian funds and technological assistance, Hezbollah has been trying to build up its UAV capabilities.


At least Iran has a supporting role. I think I would have lost faith in Israel if they didn't blame Iran.


For f***s sake.... I'm not attacking you Superman fyi... but JPost blaming something on Iran is as good info as my mother telling the world everyone should be nice to her son.

The Israeli government and the psychopath Netanyahu can stick it some place dark.
edit on 8/10/12 by flice because: (no reason given)


Sorry, I thought my stance was clear as I have probably added my 2 cents into 80% of the "Iran is evil" threads. I was being sarcastic. If Israel didn't blame Iran I would have been super surprised!



posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think the drone was launched from a boat.Not a warship.As to who sent it should find that answer in the wreckage.



posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by flice
 


Wait, wasn't it the Palestinians that rejected the 50/50 split way back when? I would hate to get involved in this debate, as it has no winner, and no end, but from what I can recall, the Arab countries and the Palestinians rejected the UN Mandate and then invaded Israel. The fact that Israel pushed back their invaders and secured strategic locations in the very first war cannot be held against them...


It was BS to offer a split.... they could have lived together in one country OR the allies should have just taken the jewish society into their own and let them become assimilated. There was absolutelly NO need for them to have their own state. Seriously... what were they thinking back then.



posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by redbarron626
 


Yahooo!! I win! Link.


Analysis: With Iranian funds and technological assistance, Hezbollah has been trying to build up its UAV capabilities.


At least Iran has a supporting role. I think I would have lost faith in Israel if they didn't blame Iran.


For f***s sake.... I'm not attacking you Superman fyi... but JPost blaming something on Iran is as good info as my mother telling the world everyone should be nice to her son.

The Israeli government and the psychopath Netanyahu can stick it some place dark.
edit on 8/10/12 by flice because: (no reason given)


Sorry, I thought my stance was clear as I have probably added my 2 cents into 80% of the "Iran is evil" threads. I was being sarcastic. If Israel didn't blame Iran I would have been super surprised!


No no... you were perfectly clear
I was just affraid you'd misunderstand my post, so I bent it in neon before commenting hehe.
JPost is so full of it...





new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join