When Dreams Merge With Reality...

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I have an experience or two I would like to share and see if anyone else has had this to happen to them.

Last week I walked into the break room at work and a co-worker was standing there at the drink machine. I said,
"Hey, how do you think you're going to like first shift?"
He look at me puzzled and replied, "Why? Did someone tell you I was being moved to first shift?"
I said, "Yes. It is posted on the new schedule out in the hall too." I had not looked in the hall to check prior to saying this. I thought it was there.
Then he said he hadn't been informed of the move, and wanted to know who told me this.
I stood there totally blank trying to figure out where this information came from because I didn't remember who told me. I started to question my sanity because I remembered clear as day that he was being moved to first shift.
Finally, I said, "Well, I don't remember where I heard it, so I must have dreamed it."
He said, "Well, I hope it comes true because third shift isn't working out for me with my schedule at home."
Then he went to look at the bulletin board in the hall, and nothing was posted about it.
This freaked me out somewhat.

I have had this happen before when I would walk up to someone and start a conversation with them about something that I thought we had discussed before, just to have them look at me like...' What are you talking about?' Asking if they remembered out last conversation, they would reply, "No, we have never discussed this."

Does anyone else have dreams that merge with reality? I would like to hear your experiences.

One place I found some information is from this site: www.crystalinks.com...



What happens when our consciousness leaves the physical body and enters the grids? What is the true reality - this one or that? Are realities merging now? Are dreams really dreams? Do they end when we wake up here or do they continue? How do our journeys into alternate realities help us? As we are here to study and experience emotions, much of our sleep time has to do with processing issues, healing, connecting with spirit, glimpsing the grids (past, present, and future viewed simultaneously) and so on. This is a wide open field, that works differently with each person and is up for personal interpretation.




posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


For a while I had that happen to me when I was on meds. I quit the meds and the problems went away. A few things I dreamed in that time still come back and haunt me from time to time so I tend not to say much of my knowledge I gained during the time I was on the meds for epilepsy. I sometimes get very realistic dreams yet but I know they aren't real.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by sled735
 


For a while I had that happen to me when I was on meds. I quit the meds and the problems went away. A few things I dreamed in that time still come back and haunt me from time to time so I tend not to say much of my knowledge I gained during the time I was on the meds for epilepsy. I sometimes get very realistic dreams yet but I know they aren't real.



When I do this, it is kind of like a small shock when I realize what I thought was real was only a dream. Did you experience this?

It's like you have to think for a minute, 'What the hell is going on?' and try to sort out the reality from the dream. Hard to explain, if you haven't experienced it, right?

(I am not on any medication, except for my thyroid, and I don't drink or have any mental disorders.... just for everyone's information.)
edit on 10/6/2012 by sled735 because: correction



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Last time I got really dunk, I had a series of false awakenings where I got up and went out into the hall to talk to people in the building, making an ass of myself. At least I hope they were false awakenings. It really bothered me because I'm still not sure if it was a dream or if it was real.

Another time as I was falling asleep, I heard my neighbor talking to her friends about me. Having the lowered inhibitions of dreams, I blurted out "I can hear you you know!", and woke myself up. Not entirely sure if I dreamed that they were talking about me of if I could really hear them. I've never heard them talking through the wall before, and I could hear them very clearly. Did I really hear them or not? Didn't have the nerve to ask her about it.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


I have a sort of photographic memory so what I see in a dream can have everything to back it up. I learned to distinguish between dreams and reality already when I was a kid because I could recall scenes in a dream just like I could with reality. the epilepsy meds caused a lot of problems which most of disappeared a month after quitting them. Some of the liver problems from the meds caused longterm problems with digestion and enzyme functions but my mind straightened out. Still got the epilepsy but I can think again now anyway. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about dreams interfering with reality anymore. I'd put any money on it that you are eating something you are allergic to, it doesn't mean it's poisoning you, just altering your perception a little.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Did he get moved to first shift?

Or not yet?



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by sled735
 


I'd put any money on it that you are eating something you are allergic to, it doesn't mean it's poisoning you, just altering your perception a little.


Really? That is something I hadn't considered... or even knew was possible.
I think I may be allergic to some foods. Sometimes when I eat my nose starts to run out of the blue.
Embarassing!
I'll have to look into this further. Thanks!



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735
 


Did he get moved to first shift?

Or not yet?


Not yet. The new schedule goes up on the 14th. I anxiously await to see what happens.


I have wondered if I crossed into a future time grid with this particular dream. Guess I'll have to wait and see.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Foods that cause little problems with the liver or kidneys make it so chemicals don't get detoxed right and cause many different chemical changes to occur in the brain effecting perception. Just keep an open mind and ask yourself how you are thinking hours after eating something. It takes a while to track down the true culprit and mistakes in judgement can be made. Many foods take 4-6 hrs before showing symptoms while others happen immediately. Sometimes too much of one class of food causes problems. That's the hardest part to decipher.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Well, have you been trying to do anything like that?
Like meditations or freaky visualizations?
Something to cause a psychic blip?



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735
 


Well, have you been trying to do anything like that?
Like meditations or freaky visualizations?
Something to cause a psychic blip?


Not on purpose... lately. But I do find that sometimes while I'm at work, and everything is dark and quite, I go into deep thought wherever my mind takes me. I get into some very deep contemplation to the point that when someone walks in, or comes across the radio, I jump from being startled back into reality. Not the same as meditation where the mind is totally quite from thoughts, but similar.
I have, however, done deep visualizations when doing a healing prayer for someone, but that was long before this dream last week.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Can't see what happens with the schedule.
If it doesn't happen, then you were spacing out.

I remember going out the front door of the building and someone had lodged a candy m&m tube in the doorway, and I pulled it out and this girl came running up and I handed it to her and said here is your bag. I was thinking a grocery bag at the time, I dunno, caught in a dream or something...lol

it happens.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735
 


Can't see what happens with the schedule.
If it doesn't happen, then you were spacing out.

I remember going out the front door of the building and someone had lodged a candy m&m tube in the doorway, and I pulled it out and this girl came running up and I handed it to her and said here is your bag. I was thinking a grocery bag at the time, I dunno, caught in a dream or something...lol

it happens.


I'll be sure to come back and tell how the schedule goes when it's posted. But.... it could be even further into the future, maybe the change after this one... who knows? We have a new schedule go up every 8 weeks due to all the new-hires coming in. It's really hard to keep people working there due to the high stress levels.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Last time I got really dunk, I had a series of false awakenings where I got up and went out into the hall to talk to people in the building, making an ass of myself. At least I hope they were false awakenings. It really bothered me because I'm still not sure if it was a dream or if it was real.

Another time as I was falling asleep, I heard my neighbor talking to her friends about me. Having the lowered inhibitions of dreams, I blurted out "I can hear you you know!", and woke myself up. Not entirely sure if I dreamed that they were talking about me of if I could really hear them. I've never heard them talking through the wall before, and I could hear them very clearly. Did I really hear them or not? Didn't have the nerve to ask her about it.


This has to be confusing for you. Wondering if it happened or not could really affect your relationship with your neighbors. Wonder how many others have stained relationships due to dreams merging with reality when it never happened at all?



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Anyone else out there that has experienced this? Could you share your experience?

Do you think it is caused by a time slip in our "dreams"? Certain meds? Just a very vivid dream that seems real?
What are your thoughts as to what causes this?
edit on 10/7/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Something weird happened this week.

I wrote something down in my notebook but in an earlier page, as it had a half empty page. I remember doing it at the time and I too have a visual brain that captures images.

Well later I wanted to rewrite that note somewhere else. I searched that notebook 5 times and other notebooks I have, nothing, zip, I CAN'T FIND THAT NOTE and it was quite important.

I hate losing information.


I have had some really real dreams lately; some I wake up crying and others I want to start WWIII on aliens LOL



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
umm, this is kinda similar, think at the time I might have been on anti-depressants but not 100% sure if I was at this point...

Anyway, I used to be a hardcore gamer on Dark Age of Camelot and used to even dream about the game occasionally (yeah I know, sad, whatever
) ... one day I remember getting up for work and my brain sort of crossed wires between dreaming of it and reality.

I woke up, started getting changed to go to work and I am thinking what am going to do at work... my thinking was using my colleagues as different classes in the game, so I was thinking... "Kerry can be the wizard, Laura should be a healer, Craig can be the tank, etc...

Obviously after making my plans in my head I was heading towards the car then it hit me that I was actually going to a bank to work, not go into the lands of Albion to fight mythical creatures... bit disappointing and worrying at the same time as I honestly thought I had an interesting day ahead of me.

Imagine arriving at work thinking everyone is a MMORPG character haha... you might have thought your experience seemed crazy, I was a few mins away from being declared completely insane, lol.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Something weird happened this week.

I wrote something down in my notebook but in an earlier page, as it had a half empty page. I remember doing it at the time and I too have a visual brain that captures images.

Well later I wanted to rewrite that note somewhere else. I searched that notebook 5 times and other notebooks I have, nothing, zip, I CAN'T FIND THAT NOTE and it was quite important.

I hate losing information.


I have had some really real dreams lately; some I wake up crying and others I want to start WWIII on aliens LOL


Yes, this has happened to me a few times also. Discombobulates the brain, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xality
 


That was funny!
Thanks for sharing.


My daughter used to be a heavy game player. I had to fight to get the computer because she was always playing her games! She never mentioned if anything like that happened to her though.

Too much absorption seems to distort reality.
An example of this was when some teenagers shot some people passing by in cars, and they said they were playing their game! This happened close to where I live several years ago.



posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735
 


Can't see what happens with the schedule.
If it doesn't happen, then you were spacing out.

I remember going out the front door of the building and someone had lodged a candy m&m tube in the doorway, and I pulled it out and this girl came running up and I handed it to her and said here is your bag. I was thinking a grocery bag at the time, I dunno, caught in a dream or something...lol

it happens.




I'll be sure to come back and tell how the schedule goes when it's posted. But.... it could be even further into the future, maybe the change after this one... who knows? We have a new schedule go up every 8 weeks due to all the new-hires coming in. It's really hard to keep people working there due to the high stress levels.


Well........... the guy didn't get moved to first shift THIS time. The superintendent said he was absent too much to reward him with first shift just yet. Maybe in the future? Time will tell.





new topics
top topics
 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join