It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is teaching humans to be good people evil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If everyone was an evil, backstabbing villain... who would farm, create, produce, and build civilization?

You evil people think that you are so [snip] superior because you have more resources than good people, despite the fact that you are literally unable to create the very wealth that you steal.

Good people can survive without the parasites, the inverse is not true.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

All of Peter Browns videos are eye opening. He points directly at what is real (reality).
youtu.be...

edit on 13-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I will listen to all his vids, that way we can be on same wavelength. I liked the vid and questions asked they made him say alot of stuff that he may otherwise not of said. starting with second one u linked.

edit on 13-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I understand the second vid real well. The fundamental idea is not to conceptualize only experience. The best direct experience of this occurs in dreaming state. We stop conceptulizing things with thoughts. The information comes and is interpreted as direct experience.

The "This" is what he refers to as the conscious experience of the direct experience. Its real, and something is out there surrounding us that can only be defined as This. When awake our mind filters and processes all incoming information from the This, which is fields of energy and creates the illusion of physical reality.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This is all there is.
When you can know this for sure there will be peace. The mind is searching for something - something 'other' and this is why the mind is unhappy. When it is totally realized that 'this' is all there is the seeking stops.
The cessation of seeking is peace - only when you find what is real and true can the seeker be apeased.

Peter brown 'Seeking':
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I understand the second vid real well. The fundamental idea is not to conceptualize only experience. The best direct experience of this occurs in dreaming state. We stop conceptulizing things with thoughts. The information comes and is interpreted as direct experience.

The "This" is what he refers to as the conscious experience of the direct experience. Its real, and something is out there surrounding us that can only be defined as This. When awake our mind filters and processes all incoming information from the This, which is fields of energy and creates the illusion of physical reality.

What do you think?

When this is realized even the words and concepts are directly experienced as they arise. Words and concepts stop being believed as truth and are just seen for what they are - an experience. Words appear now to you and are seen. You can now see the thoughts appearing.
You are the silent space in which everything (thoughts, concepts) appears.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

i know what i am seeking. I was never wrong about what i was seeking, His Videos only confirm that i have been right all along. The self defines the other. I have done that in my heart. The "This" includes the experience of the heart. The heart isnt conceptulizing it has no brain. Its experiencing directly what the selfs experience with the other is. I understand this so well it could be seen im a prodigy.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The self defines the other because the self believes in other.
There is no other.
There is only this.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The 'self' conscious is 'self' conscious because it is ashamed. It believes in good and bad and it tries to be good and then measures itself against imaginary others.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The self defines the other because the self believes in other.
There is no other.
There is only this.

The most profound moment is now. The isness is right now the beginning and end there is nothing else. The self and other exist together as This right now. We are one.

The 'self' conscious is 'self' conscious because it is ashamed. It believes in good and bad and it tries to be good and then measures itself against imaginary others.

True.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This is one. But the mind separates the one into many.

Tao Te Ching
Written by Lao-tzu
From a translation by S. Mitchell

Chapter one.

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
In the beginning was the word.
Before the word appears to you there is nothing, just emptiness, stillness, peace and calm. The word that appears can grow into a story about something and the story can take you away from what is real.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I like that poem its prose is darkness and poise is mystery. I am also very mysterious myself and i absorb energy in the darkness of the night. The source is mystery and its also source of our material reality and the conceptulizing brain.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Before the word appears to you there is nothing, just emptiness. The word that appears can grow into a story about something and the story can take you away from what is real.

This is why reality gives us pairs. One explores the empty and the other acts in the story. Togther they are travellers and explorers of reality and the unknown.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I like that poem its prose is darkness and poise is mystery. I am also very mysterious myself and i absorb energy in the darkness of the night. The source is mystery and its also source of our material reality and the conceptulizing brain.

Life is a mystery - 'this' is the mystery.
'This' is the un-namable out of which the mind cuts bits (the particular) and names the bits things. Out of these bits (words) man manufactures a story (a story about 'me') and a world is created (but only in the mind). The world is not real it is just an idea manufactured in the mind out of words made out of bits cut out of the un-nameable.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Before the word appears to you there is nothing, just emptiness. The word that appears can grow into a story about something and the story can take you away from what is real.

This is why reality gives us pairs. One explores the empty and the other acts in the story. Togther they are travellers and explorers of reality and the unknown.

The only real pair is nothingness and thingness.
You are the nothing that contains the things.
Really it is oneness.

Find that you are nothing and peace will prevail.
You are the space that allows all to arise and subside.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Life is a mystery - 'this' is the mystery.
'This' is the un-namable out of which the mind cuts bits (the particular) and names the bits things. Out of these bits man manufactures a story and a world is created (but only in the mind). The world is not real it is just an idea manufactured in the mind out of words made out of bits cut out of the un-nameable.

Whats really mysterious is why the This has done this lol....i mean its a bit like the dogs tale getting first sweep of the food before it gets the mouth lol.
The world is a fabricated dream of sorts. A solid and stable one at that. Strong emotional states can shake the walls of the dream. All very bizzare as it is mysterious.

Peace occurs when there is silence and nothing. There are other things however. Like now we are the other thing that is occurring now.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Life is a Peace occurs when there is silence and nothing. There are other things however. Like now we are the other thing that is occurring now.

Peace is the background to now.
You are that peace. You are the quiet that hears.
Do not mistake yourself for any 'thing'.
You are the aware presence in which things appear and disappear continuously.
You are the one constant in this.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Peace is the background to now.
You are that peace. You are the quiet that hears.

It reminds me of the exact point between transition from conscious awarness to subconcious. Have you ever experienced this?
I have experienced it where in a way that i control it to dip in and out of the two conscious levels. Pure tranquility and silence.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I live it. Because i am that.
I found out what i really am.
Aware presence. Timeless being.
Find out what you really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join