It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold in the united states.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why did a few years ago, did every corner store, pawn shop, check cashing places start buying gold?

Why all the commercials?

When this first started happening what were the leading theories on ATS? (I know there have to be some). How inflated was the price when buying gold became popular?

I believe there are a couple possibilities. One, someone in power has gotten wind that some new way to synthesis gold is available or soon to be available, so they drive the price up and sell off all their gold before it becomes worthless.....

Or the worlds gunna end, paper money will be useless, and the people in power are keeping all the gold to barter with aliens. Them buying up all the gold, increased the price, and little gold in the market with high demand has kept the price high.

edit on 6-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Funny that you would mention someone learning how to making gold could be why gold prices skyrocketing.
Bacteria Produces Pure Gold
edit on 6-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What you need to produce gold is a Supernova...have you scene one of them recently?

What you need to produce a dollar is a printing press & some ink...

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You make a valid point!

Before the economy crashed banks were loaded with bad debt. they shorted themselves before the buyout and doubled their money. Then the long term debt would bring their stocks down so they invested in gold heavily and have been selling it off just before the gold making bacteria is announced.

I suppose that means gold has finally peaked?

Does Syria and Iran hold a lot of gold?

Time to get them bacteria in overdrive.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've noticed it too here in australia.

I saw plenty of ads telling people to "sell your spare gold around the house" and it shows 3 ladies going shopping afterwards with paper money, etc.

I reckon you were right with what you suggested OP. Perhaps they are wanting us to sell up in advance of a major crash. Sort of like order 6102 signed by roosevelt in '38 - but less dramatic and easier to wash down.

Tell someone to get rid of their gold, and everyone will hoard it.
Let the people know the benefits of getting rid of their gold, and they will happily give it up.

Also, if synthetic gold is to be available, they would be telling people to buy as to get it off their hands - quite the contrary here (telling people to sell).

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The idea is to get the common person to sell their gold and then the only ones with gold will be the rich. The plan is that all the moneys of the world may collapse and the elite will have the gold.

Is the certified gold bullion you have real? Is it a fake gold like bar or coin. Deceitful people could pass off unreal gold as real as long as they are certified and have an insurance policy. They could take all the jewelry and put it in a safe somewhere and use a part of it to make fake gold. After all, how many people can bring their gold in to somewhere to be tested? We rely on the certifying company to be honest. If Fort Knox had fake gold bars made by reputable companies, how many individuals hold fake gold.

Where is the gold that backs the paper gold stored, and has anyone ever checked if it is real? What a way to destroy the middle class and make everyone surfs. I don't know what is real anymore since some big time highly respected companies have been scamming people. I suppose we asked to be screwed by removing the people testing things and relying on insurance companies that don't have a clue of the authenticity of what they insure. Too big to be crooked? I no longer think so.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was going to say something clever first.....in fact I did.

You c eye used my tyme machine 2 go into the future. Wrote something clever. Deleted it then continued on in the world you view as reality.

So there.

Oh by the way so I'm on subject I'd like to say that he/she is right, bugs poop gold......cool, huh?!?
edit on 6-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: I changed # to poop.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It was all part of the cash4gold scam. A lot of shop owners wanted to cash in as well.

They take your old and unwanted jewelry. They buy it from you for a fraction of what the gold is worth. They melt it down and sell it. So out of the $20 they give you for your jewelry, they pocket hundreds of dollars.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Following the trail from the gold buyers leads all the way to the bullion banking system. When you call up to sell your gold that sucking sound you hear on the phone is the unlimited printed cash from the central banks vacuuming up your gold.

Also, extracting gold by bacteria from gold chloride is more expensive then just using existing chemicals, no alchemy there. The only alchemy is the central banks turning paper with symbols into gold, all paper wealth ultimately relies on this trick.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Funny that you would mention someone learning how to making gold could be why gold prices skyrocketing.
Bacteria Produces Pure Gold
edit on 6-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

That is not exactly true, it does NOT produce gold. The gold is already present.

top topics

join