It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals as Leaders - Fusion / Metalcore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Death metal meets fusion/Steve Vai meets Victor Wooten - this is some of the sickest, most intricate, mind-blowing music I've ever heard. I don't hear many new bands that get me excited anymore but this trio is simply amazing. Meshugga fans might see some influence here. See what you think:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Animals As Leaders are an Epic band ^.^ !

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Awesome. Band is Awesome.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

They truely are an amazing band! Totally some Meshuggah in them. ATS could use some AAL exposure, good thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ooh, very cool. Reminds me of some of the Between the Buried and Me songs. And yeah a little Meshuggah in there too.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Awesome music. Reminds me of what Rush would be if they'd have been born a few decades later... very similar structure - minus vocals. Maybe a hint of Les Claypool at times too.

Definitely good stuff!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
great band, i have been following them for a while now.

meshuggah is one of my favorite metal bands and so is between the buried and me so i liked these guys from the start

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
eh jam bands are great for when your in an altered state of mind but without lyrics its just too hard to stop and get into when one has quit altering said mind.

they should add vocals

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
AAL's lack of vocals adds an interesting spin to the music, in such a way that it allows you to add your own coinciding story (if you so please), or create your own worlds just by the sound. Or at least that's just my interpretation of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I actually just discovered these guys. It's pretty weird how the world works sometimes...I love my metal with some groove and I was craving some groove heavy double bass patterns and then BAM, these fools came into my life haha. As others have mentioned, I'm also a meshuggah fan. If you haven't already, you should check out the band T.R.A.M. it features members of animals as leaders, the mars volta, and suicidal tendencies.....think animals as leaders, but in a jazz context.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ah rush! I haven't listened to them in a good while. And I think your comparison is more than fair. Not to de-rail the thread, but might I consider you a primus fan? Buckethead? (les claypool reference).
edit on 11/13/2012 by Banananananana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Honestly, when you said fusion, I didn't think I was going to like it, well.....I was wrong

top topics

join