It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Whole Foods' Caught Selling Unlabeled GMO Food!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Someone get me the phone number of whole foods somewhere....I've got some azz to kick...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Whole Foods makes it perfectly clear that their STORE BRAND items contain no GMOs. Some of the other items from third party companies do. They have not been lying. Trader Joe's is the same way. They make this perfectly clear on their website.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I completely agree with you. I manage one of the biggest Organic Health food stores is San Diego County and have been in the industry for over 15 years. THis has been one of the debates amongst organic grocerers and its up to the people to demand organic foods. Our Health food store is next store to Ralph's and has been in competition with them since 2007 when we both opened at the same time. Ralphs still does 30X more business than we do and it all comes down to educating the people and community about what they are eating. Its amazing how many people have no clue about nutrition, what GMO is even when they have a Organic Health food store right next to Ralphs. Our store is huge, almost as big as Ralph's is. Can't miss it...

I have to ask.. I'm from Louisiana where things are much cheaper than in Cali. Still here, the organic foods are expensive compared to the regular processed foods. Whats the organic prices like compared to other foods there? What do you think are the reasons Organics are so expensive?

As a grocery store manager, what do you think of my idea of stores separating GMO and Non GMO foods once they are labeled?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

Hello :-) I never knew about that Slotting Fee. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Summary of the video-

Two "reporters" from the Alex Jones show interview folks outside a Whole Foods.

They have a press release from WF that says they sell some foods without labeling that has GMO's in them.

They sounded like they were "high" too. probably scrambled their brains more than gmo's ever could!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I missed the Slotting Fee post too.

Many grocers earn more profit from agreeing to carry a manufacturer's product than they do from actually selling the product to retail consumers
en.wikipedia.org...

Now I really have my work cut out for me. This practice should be illegal. There is no end to how much the chemical pushers can manipulate the stores to force their products on the store shelves.

I bet this contributes the the high prices of foods too.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

damming!!!!!! absolutely damming

whole foods should be labeling such in their store. above all others

boycott this POS store

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Clearly, the executives and big investors who control WFM don’t want to antagonize millions of their customers, so they’ve issued a token endorsement of Prop 37. But here’s the inconvenient truth. WFM sells billions of dollars of non-organic, so-called “natural” products every year that contain genetically engineered ingredients, including thousands of different processed foods, nutritional supplements, meat, and animal products. Once Prop 37 passes on November 6, WFM, just like every other supermarket chain, will face a major dilemma. Are they willing to demand that their suppliers get GMOs out of the 50,000 items sold in their stores, and give WFM legally binding affidavits to prove this? Is WFM willing to stop marketing non-organic GMO-tainted foods as “natural,” when many of them are not?

sandiegofreepress.org...

The pressure is on WFM big time. There's a petition with 25,000 organic consumers demanding them to put support behind Prop 37. If they don't make a stand, I don't see how they could recover from the backlash. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing demonstrators picketing the issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Whole Foods makes it perfectly clear that their STORE BRAND items contain no GMOs. Some of the other items from third party companies do. They have not been lying. Trader Joe's is the same way. They make this perfectly clear on their website.

A store called WHOLE foods, advertising NOTHING ARTIFICAL, EVER seems to me an indication that ALL the foods should be under that category, not just some. If the store was called Joe's Foods they could get away with that.

Normally I dismiss infowars but this story seems more fluid. Probably because it was alex jones' lackeys and not jones himself. If it was Jones doing the report he would get the story, but then bury it by trying to prove somehow that Whole Foods adds fluoride to all their food while kidnapping children and staging 9/11. Whew, good thing Jones hired some employees who still have some common sense to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

Wow, that really saddens me. That company had such a friendly appeal. Crazy. I have never been there and I eat a lot of organic food. My wife and I always talk about going there in Chicago but screw that. I wonder about Trader Joe's?

You have to read the labels, but what does that do if all the necessary information is not there? Label it? Screw it we know if it doesn't have an Organic label it isn't organic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join