It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Whole Foods' Caught Selling Unlabeled GMO Food!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In the Video below, News investigative team uncover the ugly facts about the ‘organic elite’ cooperating with Big Agra, the USDA and even Monsanto, all while deceptively positioning themselves to customers under false premises.

With GMO foods more prevalent and more unpopular than ever, even “organic”-oriented grocery chains have been scrambling to spin the sad truth that genetically-modified ingredients have saturated the market and infiltrated virtually all food brands.

Such is the case with Whole Foods, leader in the organic products market,, who’ve made billions advertising their stores as all ‘natural,’ wholesome and containing ‘nothing artificial ever.’

Just take a look at this mural, painted on the side of one of Whole Foods’ Austin locations:

It brags, ‘Nothing Artificial Ever,’ but the admitted GMO ingredients sold on store shelves could never be considered to be anything but man made frankenfoods.
(FULL ARTICLE IN THE VIDEO DESCRIPTION OF THE VIDEO POSTED HERE).

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What's the evidence for someone who cant watch the video? Is this the same as the undercover video?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Please rephrase that. I don't understand your question.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amy2x

I think what Psykoops is getting at, is if for those of us that do not have flash installed. A little recap in words of what the video is about would help....

edit on 6-10-2012 by purplemer because: fun...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Their slogan "Nothing artificial" is accurate, its NOT artifial GMO, it's REAL GMO!

The answer to this is mass publicity and dont shop at whole foods.

If that happened over here (UK) I'd put a big poster in the rear window of my car.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thanks. Here's the rest of the Article that is posted in that Video's description. ~

These stores are perpetrating a blatant case of false advertising, which Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law defines as, "the crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public."

Whole Foods has had to admit recently that its shelves are packed with food that contain GMO ingredients, going against their pure image as an all-organic grocer.
Customers are drawn into the vast, attractive store aisles on the premise that they are buying pure, wholesome foods for their families, while the store charges premium 'organic' prices for many products that fall short of expectations.

Numerous health advocates have exposed the deception behind industry marketing under the term "natural," concocted to sound like a synonym for organic foods, grown without pesticides or artificial chemicals, but which actually contain ingredients derived from food-experiments created in the labs of Monsanto, Dupont, Syngenta or other leading biotech firms. There are no regulatory standards for the "natural" food products aimed at health conscious buyers, nor for the hundreds of other unregulated foods containing potentially-deadly GMOs.

If Whole Foods, a respected niche leader in the organic movement, can get away with this massive and lucrative deception, anyone can. Many of us at Infowars are Whole Foods customers, and this is all the more reason why we are taking this issue personally.

We must fight to stop the spread of GMO food products, not give into the massive finance pressure in the biotech industry or false promises of regulatory figureheads long ago bought out by Monsanto and their ilk.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I posted the rest of the Article for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Interesting. Seems like Whole Foods wasnt what it was touted to be and also is flat out false advertising.

The one lady asked a good question though, if those percentages are correct how can you buy something that isnt GMO?? I guess that massive seed bank was made for a reason and they sure werent positive that GMO's were safe or why would they do that??

Another question, whey is there not a GMO discussion in the Presidential Debate?? There is basically no GMO talk in the Mainstream Media so I am not surprised that no one really has a clue what they are.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Summary of the video-

Two "reporters" from the Alex Jones show interview folks outside a Whole Foods.

They have a press release from WF that says they sell some foods without labeling that has GMO's in them.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Why doesn't it surprise me that a big store chain like Whole Foods is just in it for the money?

Healthy wholesome foods is just another marketing stragedy.

At least the mom and pop health food stores are still around with quality goods.

Thanks for the video!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here's what's really going on at Whole Foods-

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Yet they send security to usher the reporter off their property so that customers can't be informed.

A car dealer sells you a car and the transmission blows out the next day. You come back angry and they say you are out of luck because they posted an ad in the news paper the day before saying the Transmission was failing.

Thats is about as Fair as the press release from Whole Foods!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by amy2x

Please rephrase that. I don't understand your question.

What PsykoOps is talking about is the video from this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com... YouTube censors 'Organic Spies' video [GMO exposion!!]

This is the undercover video he's talking about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's surprising the above video comes out then Whole Foods places that info on their website admitting they carry foods with GMO's. Perhaps that video prompted them to make the statement.

Anyone have a direct link to that Whole Foods information?

The Op's video from Infowars was Great. That gal reporter is Hot. Whats up with that homeless looking guy at 10:40 ? LOL
edit on 6-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I found the info on the Whole Foods site. I do believe the info was in response to the Organic Spies video. ( www.abovetopsecret.com... YouTube censors 'Organic Spies' video [GMO exposion!!] )

The WholeFoods website states:

The YouTube video showing our store Team Members giving conflicting responses to a question about GMOs reminds us that while we try to keep all our 70,000 Team Members up-to-speed on the latest information, clearly we need to do more. Some products in our stores DO contain GMOs – just like any other food store in the country, due to the pervasiveness of GMOs – and we need to do a better job of making sure our Team Members understand this so they can provide customers with the facts.

www.wholefoodsmarket.com...

The title of that page is "Let’s talk about GMOs at Whole Foods Market" and has a picture advertising WholeFoods supports proposition 37. I believe this is only damage control. If Whole Foods heart was in it, they would donate to the Proposition 37 effort.
edit on 6-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I posted this in the comments section of the above page. Let's see if it gets posted or if it's ignored. ( the posts are moderated) If posted, let's see if Whole Foods replies.

Whole Foods - I'm calling you Out. I'm asking you to put your money where your mouth is.

I am starting an organization and website ( coming soon) called Consumer GMO Choice. We know over time people become lax on label checking. This is what the GMO proponents will count on if Proposition 37 passes. It isn't enough to have house brands certified Non GMO when so many products in your stores contain GMO's. If the labeling passes, people will waste valuable shopping time by checking labels. Consumer GMO Choice proposes all grocery stores separate the GMO foods and Non GMO foods into sections or isles of thier own - and advertise as such. This will help shoppers save time and help get more people in and out of your stores with a better shopping experience. For the grocers, you will see which types of foods the public wants more and order your products accordingly. If consumers don't want GMO foods, then you wont make money on those foods and you will stop carrying them. The consumers get what they want, and your profits grow by getting rid of unwanted GMO foods and replacing them with foods the public wants.

You can be the first store chain in the country to do this and your costumers will love you for it. Would you be willing to separate GMO Foods from Non GMO Foods for the mutual benefit of you and your costumers? Stores already do this with organic sections and foods from other countries. I'm not asking you to do anything that would be difficult or time consuming. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think Info Wars has twisted the issue. If you want Non-GMO foods then you should be buying Certified Organic Foods (COF). Under COF, they are guaranteeing that this product is non-GMO and grown organicly. It is not a law yet (which is what Prop 37 is about) that they have to label a conventional food as beeing GMO other than that it is conventionally grown.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I think Info Wars has twisted the issue. If you want Non-GMO foods then you should be buying Certified Organic Foods (COF). Under COF, they are guaranteeing that this product is non-GMO and grown organicly. It is not a law yet (which is what Prop 37 is about) that they have to label a conventional food as beeing GMO other than that it is conventionally grown.

It would be great if all produce were organically grown and COF, but it's not. It would be great if all processed foods were mini9maly processed and made with organic ingredients. Sadly, this is not the case.

We have tons of produce and processed foods that are not Certified Organic. It's bad enough that they have to have additives and preservatives in them that can poison us slowly over the years. Do we really need only organic as a choice to get foods that don't have GMO's in them? I think not. I think you take the foods that are available to people that they can afford and make them as safe as possible. Organic sections in most stores are small and incomplete as well as seasonal. I want No GMO's in all my regular foods without having to rely on organic. Those are the foods most of America can afford.

Every food thats made of multiple ingredients no matter how much or how little it's processed Must be labeled so we know exactly whats in those foods. Thats only fair and right. No use making expensive COF organic foods take all the responsibility.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I completely agree with you. I manage one of the biggest Organic Health food stores is San Diego County and have been in the industry for over 15 years. THis has been one of the debates amongst organic grocerers and its up to the people to demand organic foods. Our Health food store is next store to Ralph's and has been in competition with them since 2007 when we both opened at the same time. Ralphs still does 30X more business than we do and it all comes down to educating the people and community about what they are eating. Its amazing how many people have no clue about nutrition, what GMO is even when they have a Organic Health food store right next to Ralphs. Our store is huge, almost as big as Ralph's is. Can't miss it...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Greetings, amy2x,

May I offer up a suggestion toward finding the answer?

Ask the store manager how much Slotting Fees the GMO vendors are paying. Can small vendors afford to pay the required slotting fees?
When Whole Foods bought out Sun Harvest, according to a Sun Harvest employee, the first thing they did was to charge slotting fees.

Guess who ultimately pays the slotting fees? Yep, you and I.
Later
edit on 7/10/12 by Adonsa because: Added more.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
good.

wholefoods recently changed its stance on prop #37 about labelling gmos in CA...most likely due to market pressure - though closer examination reveals that a large portion of their selves are constituted by these anti-labelling 'natural' companies!

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree∞

top topics

<<   2 >>

join