It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRILLIANT: Animator of The Simpsons & Family Guy Creates "Why Obama Now"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

Somebody actually ribbed you because you have an opinion? What source do we have to call 'facts' to pull from that aren't opinionated?
Anyway, look to an extent I got your back man, I agree people need to accept a level of responsibility for being conned and not doing their homework, however equally true..as you've made clear, is the lenders were wrong in misleading and taking advantage of those 'victims' especially if they were copying/pasting false documents like another poster stated.
But it seems more than ever folks have a tough time pointing the finger at themselves...they blame someone else for their lack of foresight, having a plan, and another backup plan. It seems most people can't bring themselves to say, that was my fault, I should have read the fine print, I should have researched it..etc
I was born in the projects (low income housing) in Tampa. I'm 49 now, retired, no mortgage, huge nest egg in investments, Im on my fourth home, bought in the middle of all this crap. Momma didn't raise no fool, So I learned sh!+ from shinola, and like you, knew when someone was trying to give me the wiggle, and steered clear of that. Unfortuantely, there are many where mom or dad didnt raise them so well and teach them about the wolves that lay in wait for them in sheep clothing.
You could take everything I have away from me and leave me with a paperclip and I would be back in five years in better shape than most people are now in their lifetime. I say that because it has happened to me already four times, starting over on a cot in a friends basement with the rats.
Folks need to take responsibility as individuals to educate themselves in every aspec of spending, wether it be buying a car, a home, having a child, putting that child through college, marriage, investing, having a plan B in case the country collapses, (ie I'm presently buying silver, will I need it, hope not).

Those who don't know what they are reading and looking at before signing, should seek the guidance of many free services out there to help them. Not doing so demonstrates a lack of good parenting or outright laziness. I completely understand how easily one can be sucked into the excitement of the buying experience, so at least one should know how to seek help to understand what you are getting yourself into. If someone can't even do that, then hold off on buying a house, or having babies, getting married, or buying a car...until you do.
That said, the truth remains, yeah they got screwed and everyone involved in taking advantage of them should be jailed, and the victims must take madatory courses that mom and dad didn't teach them. The art of swindling goes back thousands of years. Remember Mr. Barnum of Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus said, " there's a sucker born every minute", or how about the old west wagons selling those 'cure all' elixirs, and I've got some beautiful homes for sale in those swamps there.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

"Here's a bunch of stuff you want to hear, please give me four more years. Oh and thank god you don't remember all the stuff you wanted to hear for years ago, because ,really, I accomplished very little of all that. ". For the record I don't think Romney is any better. I also believe that anyone debating over these clowns needs to step back and really look at the bigger picture and wake up. There should be way more attention given to local govt, because they're the ones that can really affect how we live. We need small govt to stand up to these disconnected big wigs.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

I read what you wrote just fine, you have the typical blame the victim mentality. What happened with the paper work after has everything to do with the mortgage crisis. People who should have been denied had their signatures attached to financial statements that were not their own, resulting in loans that should have been denied or loans that were not realistic for the borrower to pay back.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
It is absolutely true that trickle-down economics does not work. It is a myth that republican leaders keep perpetuating in order to make more money, plain and simple and the bottom line. And those gullible enough to believe it, despite considerable data to the contrary, are the reason that we still have to deal with leaders with these outdated beliefs. The whole party's belief system is completely outdated, and that is why polls show more racism and lack of understanding, opposition to change, etc. among republicans as opposed to democrats. They do not wish for change because change means less money for them, the bourgeois, and more money for those who are actually doing the majority of the real work. Contrary to popular republican belief, taking advantage of other people in order to swindle them of their money does not constitute a hard days' work.

Trickle down government definitely doesn't work, so how is society supposed to grow? First off, this debt based system is what is wrong in the first place. The Fiat currency of a debt based system means that to make a buck you have to create another buck out of thin air. Now, with all that money finally created, let me ask you one simple question. "How many times have you gotten a job from a poor person"?

It's a simple concept. People with money hire other people and leverage their time and skill to make more money. Those who take the risk of opening a business know that if they can make 20 widgets a day for 10 dollars that if they hire five people for X amount of money less than the cost of labor and product that eventually they will be rich by making a percentage off of their labor by selling more widgets. So, instead of making 10 dollars a day, the person who risked their money and livelihood makes 100 a day and each worker makes 7 a day. Yes, it seems completely unfair to many who have never run a business, had the deal with overhead, employment law, workers compensation, fees and business taxes all while bearing the burden of marketing their product to sell to someone, but after putting in 20 hour days for 10 years, and finally making 100 a day while the workers make 7 a day who have only to show up from 7 to 4 each day, go home, and collect their check each week, the benefits suit the risk taken. To make big money requires risk, luck or a lack of care for the law.

We each choose our level of risk. The Kennedy family made it big selling moonshine and leveraged their wealth. Ford made a car and paid his workers enough so they could buy one. Other people choose to work in a middle income job with "security" and have a reasonable retirement after 25 or 30 years. I think the problem many are having today is that "Security" is not what it used to be. Jobs no longer protect their employees like they used to. Now, they let someone go a few years or even months before retirement and screw them over. They are too old to start over, and once people see this happen enough, they don't have job loyalty.

The fact is that true free market capitalism has it's own checks and balances built in so risk takers take serious consideration before making an investment. The problem we have today is corporate welfare, and croney capitalism. Do you think for a moment that any "conservative" supporting big green companies got sweet heart deals like solyndra did? Did they get a government gift of 300 million dollars? No, of course not. Just as when Bush was in office no "Liberal" leaning businesses got deals. The deals have to stop. Let businesses fail. Never bail out a crappy business. It's like giving alcohol to a drunk and telling him to stop drinking. Oh, and get rid of all the policians and lobbyists..... that will be my tagline I think.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People really need to wake up. Just because an animator for your favorite TV show puts out something in support of a candidate you go screaming from the top of the mountain that he's worthy of re-election. You forget that this so called democracy is nothing more than a big puppet show. Obama can not follow through on anything with out the consent of the puppet master pulling the strings and this animator is nothing more than a propaganda tool being used to coerce his audience to come to their side. I laugh when I think about it, most of us are still so child like in nature. We see the pretty puppet show and become so involved that we believe these characters to be so real. We don't even realize that there is someone working the puppet from behind the scenes. When faced with the reality we do all in our power to ignore the fact.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
The video was interesting and the one piece that bothered me was the line:

"Families were enticed and sometimes just outright tricked into buying homes they could not afford"

I find this to be untrue and an excuse by those who made the decision to purchase a home they could not afford and want to blame the lender or the realtor, I think all three made bad decisions but I disagree with painting the home buyer as a victim.

Agree.

If you work at McDonalds and can't figure out that you cannot afford a $100,000 home, you're an idiot, plain and simple. But the government is also responsible (both Bush and Obama) for this nonsense that "home ownership is for everybody".

No, home ownership is NOT for everybody. Credit scores exist for a reason. They tell lenders about your history of paying back people that lend you money.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
The video was interesting and the one piece that bothered me was the line:

"Families were enticed and sometimes just outright tricked into buying homes they could not afford"

I find this to be untrue and an excuse by those who made the decision to purchase a home they could not afford and want to blame the lender or the realtor, I think all three made bad decisions but I disagree with painting the home buyer as a victim.

Agree.

If you work at McDonalds and can't figure out that you cannot afford a $100,000 home, you're an idiot, plain and simple. But the government is also responsible (both Bush and Obama) for this nonsense that "home ownership is for everybody".

No, home ownership is NOT for everybody. Credit scores exist for a reason. They tell lenders about your history of paying back people that lend you money.

You are correct, home ownership is not for everyone and that is the reason why credit scores exist. What you fail to realize is that the ones that decided to make homoe available to people who are bad with money are the cause of the problem.

People who are bad with money are those people who buy more than they could afford/payback which is why credit scores exist.... and guess who decided to throw credit scores out the window??? The lender. They decided to allow people with bad credit to afford loans playing on their stupidity with money and the wish to have a home.

Had they not set it up to make a profit off the failure i might have said both messed up but those lenders knew exactly what they were doing . They made money while they made payments, they made money by betting against those loans and then they made money by having the government bail them out.

you twits keep standing up for the wrong people. The restriction was there to protect against people who have eyes bigger than their stomach. The same people who followed that rule disregarded it out of greed and made sure they would make a profit during the up swing and the down swing.

ahhhhhhh
edit on 8-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Didn't Obama break the political record for the most lies in promises ever made during a political campaign or something to that effect?

yup, you just keep electing him, everything is gonna be allllllllllright

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I stopped listening 30 seconds in.

"...the most prosperous economy the world has ever known."

I'm sorry, what? Am I missing something? is my understanding of the words 'economy' and 'prosperous' completely backwards? we had a brief period of unchecked, unregulated and unsafe capital expansion and cultural exploitation which only amounted to the perversion of society and the gargantuan mess we've got today. maybe to a politician that looks like prosperity. but to the struggling member of society, it's an outrage

America had to put another digit on their debt clock not so long ago. They had to physically upgrade their digital clock counter to have room for an extra digit. And that deficit is still increasing faster than it can be sustained. obama doesn't have the ability or even the authorization to fix that problem. corporate control has seeped into every exposed political crack like a poisonous toxin without a cure. deny that and you deny fact - not a wise approach to a serious and threatening problem. our democracy and way of life has become the butt of a sick and twisted joke

What the hell is wrong with the world? Just because Obama speaks eloquently does not bestow upon him the fantastical powers he claims to have. Words are words. Where the hell is the action? Things continue to get worse while politicians abuse every euphemism and psychological exploit in the books and society gobbles it up obediently like they gobble up all the rest of the rubbish we're force-fed on a daily basis! we all seem perfectly content with the privilege of being able to elect which leader is going to shepherd our world into a dystopian hell and tragic human decadence. oh, what great freedom we have

Obama's not gonna fix anything, Romney's not gonna fix anything, even ron paul isn't gonna fix anything until the PEOPLE address these problems themselves. allowing the wolves to tend to the repairs of the sheep pen is f#cking ridiculous! it's an intellectual suicide. a completely obnoxious affront to rational thought. how long til we learn? never??

what happened to human independence? why are we now so reliant on well-dressed men with manipulative vocabularies to run our show?

meh, whatever. obama re-elected or no obama re-elected. system collapse is imminent. it can't be solved by pretty words and economic band-aids. we can procrastinate all we want, but one day we must face the cold hard fact that our beloved System is rotten at the core and collapsing in on itself like a dead tree. all they're concerned about now is damage control, while we chase our tails and beg for more treats. a sad state of affairs indeed

carry on, deluded patriots. nothing to see here. ignore my words. what do I know anyway? I'm not on the payroll. I'm not a politician. I'm not a CEO. my opinion counts for nothing because it's not sponsored by anyone

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
ok first off i dont know "who did the video" but it sure wasnt seth green, the animator from family guy, thats not his artwork nor does it even resemble any kind of work he would do, maybe the guy from simpsons, but not family guy. second who gives a flying leap if the video makes sense, or seems well done, people this topic isnt new, poeple have said for ages trickle system is a complete lie and doesnt work, just take a gander at craigs list, those rich people dont trickle #$%$^ down, want a carbon fiber mountain bike, think that rich person would probably sell that 6k bike for 1-2k riiight? nope 400$ less than what they bought new a couple years back. IT DOESNT WORK BECAUSE THE RICH ARE GREEDY and it never EVER will !!!

also yay great video, now what in that speech has shown us how he is going to turn it around, nothing no definate plan, no stated course of action, all he did was utter the same same words that people already know, you dont need to tell me the sun will come up tomorrow morning when i know that most likely it will from my own observations throughout life, much like i dont need to be told trickle down doesnt $%^&ing work, ten mins on either ebay/craigs/pink bike, ect or similar sites will show that to be true lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Does it matter to anyone that income taxes are inherently immoral and that money sent to the Fed government is highly ineffective and just basically money not well spent?

Why the continual desire by the left to suck money out of where it is actually produced to send it far away to be mismanaged by a broken process in a broken city with the hope that some will come back? How absurd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join