It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting An End To The Carl Sagan Legacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
SETI was his baby, precisley, where has SETI got us? Your telling me for all their efforts they can't locate one of the millions of space ships that are buzzing around our planet daily? I did state I'm not here to convince the skeptics, so this thread is on the premise that aliens are here.

I understand the premise but millions? What about The SETI League being a public organisation? It hasn't found any evidence either. I haven't heard a single recording of a UFO I don't believe? Are there some? Honest question, not being incredulous.

Sagan was a proponent of the search for extraterrestrial life. He urged the scientific community to listen with radio telescopes for signals from potential intelligent extraterrestrial life-forms. Sagan was so persuasive that by 1982 he was able to get a petition advocating SETI published in the journal Science and signed by 70 scientists including seven Nobel Prize winners.
Source

The only thng I can think of is that he was delibrately encouraging a search using radio telescopes because he knew aliens don't communicate in such a way that can be detected this way?

I guess it would make sense albeit be a massive waste of the funds and time of people.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Council of foreign relations, and no, I highly doubt there was any point in time that particular think tank was a neutral or positive conception... Going from the works of scholars such as john coleman.

Exactly, scientific evidence, there's plenty of it in abundance, so why is he ignoring it?

Sagan was an unfortunate victim of the herd mentality so carefully cultivated and locked-tight by modern academe. Every time he ever started to possibly think outside the box, I bet his hands got clammy and his CFR OCD probably started acting up.

Sagan spoke in superlatives and with conviction even though he, like most, had to know that we don't know Jack when it comes to an infinite universe.

ETA: speaking of "cold hard facts" was it fairies that flew over the Whitehouse in '52?

I used to like that case too, but there's actually some pretty good evidence to suggest it was a test put on by our own Defense Dept to try out "radar spoofing"

However, Lady Sin, if it were a truly anomalous event...what you got against "fairies?" E.T. may not need to phone home. At least not long distance. Maybe they've been here with us all along.

But Sagan, yeah, Baaaaaad Sagan, baaaaaaad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Aha, I'm glad you found this thread

Hmm, that's news to me on '52, but hey, one example of thousands aye..

Interesting point on our ET friends having no need to phone home... The sources I place my trust in concur we have space visitors, dimensional visitors, and aliens that aren't really alien because they been here the whole time! aha.

I wish I could find more information on the later..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Best I can figure out it has something to do with Plasma and the Electromagnetic range. That seems to be where our "weird science" cadre have been looking and experimenting beyond the "veil."

Other than that, history is replete with descriptions of our localized friends…it's just dripped through each cultures sociological filters: Gnomes, Djinn, Fairies, Annunaki, Dragons, Quetzalcoatl, Angels, Space Brothers.

Below are a couple of interesting papers, one from Gordon Creighton, that suggest our "localized" version of the Alien, has been acknowledged and pondered for a long time. I don't take these articles as gospel, but, rather, interesting and possibly holding clues.

The True Nature Of The 'UFO Entities

The Jinn from a Scientific(?) Viewpoint

Sagan could almost be perceived as speaking into a mirror in the following quote from his, The Demon-Haunted World:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

www.goodreads.com...

edit on 12-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Arr, Interesting, I'm a firm believer that the Bible made references to other beings, I've never considered reading the Qumran as a source.. Although I do own a copy aha.

"Jinn" is only a word I had heard associated with demons before... Well, this is a new avenue for me to explore

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Im very late to this party and will probably get bashed for only now joining ATS after lurking since 2006 but heres my two cents.

From my recollection i thought it had been widely discussed and surmised that Sagan was a good guy who only later in his career had sold his soul to TPTB in exchange for being let in on the secret. He was establishment but not an insider until he agreed to keep the lie going in exchange for the forbidden knowledge.

In those circumstances id do the same. id lie to everyone i knew to be able to get access to that knowledge.

PS. dont ask me for links to back up my assertions because im stuck on a jellybean tablet and its taken me nearly an hour to write this.once youve had ios you can never go back....never go back ladies and gentlemen, never go back.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Dr. Sagan was tainted by his Doctoral mentor. Sagan intentionally went after, E. Velikovski, in the "Cosmos" series, just as his fellow graduates did in the Fifties. Their mentors forced the original publishing house to return the Velikovski manuscript of "Worlds in Collision." Which was picked up and published by another company without a large college textbook sales, to be threatened by the boycott of "professors." Sagan was a "popularizer" of astronomy and astrophysics. Notice there are no great discoveries or theories attached to his name, in the popular mind, like Einstein or Moore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join