It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God" Defined: The Search For Divinity (All Members Welcome)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

If you suffer on purpose instead, you gain reward. Suffering the work to gain reward is the entire meaning of life. I have been saying it over and over again here and it goes on deaf ears and blind eyes. Work a job and reward follows. These are merely examples of the same law of returns.

Ask and ye shall receive. Not "make a bargain and we'll see what we can negotiate", which is what you're saying in this quote. There's different levels; I'm talking a spiritual level, and you're thinking on a material level. They reflect each other in various ways, but they offer different pitfalls. Mankind is prone to the pitfalls of materialism, which is why I want to steer it away from material gain and obsession. When materialism is given a place in status, when it is given the power to shape our identity and give us worth, it leads to vanity.

Think again - you have missed the entire point.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Now you see. Now you can begin to make the change. BECOME the change. Be what you want to see in the world.

Most people already understand this premise.

Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to do it and/or not everyone will see or want the world to be the same way.

What do you do then?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

That is when I conclude that the world requires a divine intervention. I wouldn't be the one to bring it, but hopefully it would come. However, it hasn't reached that point yet. I am hoping it won't take that much to awaken the masses.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If you suffer on purpose instead, you gain reward. Suffering the work to gain reward is the entire meaning of life. I have been saying it over and over again here and it goes on deaf ears and blind eyes. Work a job and reward follows. These are merely examples of the same law of returns.

Ask and ye shall receive. Not "make a bargain and we'll see what we can negotiate", which is what you're saying in this quote. There's different levels; I'm talking a spiritual level, and you're thinking on a material level. They reflect each other in various ways, but they offer different pitfalls. Mankind is prone to the pitfalls of materialism, which is why I want to steer it away from material gain and obsession. When materialism is given a place in status, when it is given the power to shape our identity and give us worth, it leads to vanity.

Think again - you have missed the entire point.

I am speaking of law and restriction. This is what the law is. It's a guardian.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What does this have to do with vanity?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Kind of surprised this hasn't drawn more attention. It is at the core of our struggle with what we call existence. We are wrapped in our preconceived notions. From early on our beliefs are framed by the world around us. All the influences hammer forge our thinking processes to behave the way they do. We are made to be reactive, to use emotion in place of reason, to seek revenge and oneupsmanship as the goal for our satisfaction. To be self centered and yet feel an obligation to the world, the material gains, status and pride.

Waking up from that conditioning is, in my opinion, a gift. It comes from outside our self and punches through the cotton fog of our awareness. When that happens its like there is no struggle to be free of those bonds any longer. There is a new beacon on the horizon of our awareness, shining on the old ways, exposing them for the fraud they are.

After that, its easier to make decisions about life. You see not "what to do", but what not to do. Not choosing the wrong direction eventually leads to the right one.

I am glad you helped me remember this. I am grateful for the wisdom that shines through you. I am impressed. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No one cares. Hence, the reason for the world's doom. We are far too busy feeding our vanity to pay attention when someone points to it. Spread the word, if you like.
edit on 7-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

No one cares. Hence, the reason for the world's doom. We are far too busy feeding our vanity to pay attention when someone points to it. Spread the word, if you like.

I can't say it as well as you do. But you did hit the mark. I can see that. Others do too. Even if they don't respond they have read it and its like a flame in the back of their mind, nagging at them. If they are meant to wake up they will.

Remember this? It pulled at a lot of peoples conscience. The "waking up" part, shedding the old beliefs and seeing the light of day for the first time.

By any chance have you ever heard of Roy Masters and the Foundation of Human Understanding?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Anyways dude, I thought it was beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Love the ending where the person reaches Christ Conciousness (loss of ego and small duality mind) and is totaly in the light awoken where organised religon do no longer exists (the church) and the pyramids of power crumble in the distance.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

What were your thoughts on my OP?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What were your thoughts on my OP?

But let me put some context in this vanity deal: original sin wasn't disobeying a deity...it was discovering right and wrong, and allowing ourselves the ability to recognize the idea of perfection. In that moment, we began that journey. Our first sin was vanity. We kill each other every day because we see things in everyone that remind us that we're not perfect, and it drives us crazy. We are reminded of how we ourselves are imperfect. That's what "Satan" is - the temptation to give in to the search for perfection.

I am really not sure. I think the original sin is about eating the fruit of duality and believing yourself separate from the rest of the reality conciousness. It is about building an ego and caring about that ego more than others. Me vs Everyone else. And from that way ot thinking comes I am right and everyone that does not agree are wrong. Satan is ego personalities standing up aginst the whole creation conciousness telling his will and wants over everyones elses not matter higher ideals and logic and common sense.

All that exits is ONE. It is the conciousness we all are apart of even if we do not know it and can feel the connection. A singular ONE made up off all parts. Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. There is a reason god is described as plural.

Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. Jesus is one with all his soulborthers and soulsisters when they evolve far enought.

Hinduism, Buddism, Sikhism teaches the same thing. Going back to becoming one with everything but in different words. Even native americans and mayan toltec have the same idea being one with everything.

Bing bang talks about one thing separating into everything we can see with our eyes.

God is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient because it is everything. Just becuse some Christians belive god is separated from creation does not make it true. And god is not perfect. God is still evolving since part of it (I and you) are still evolving to become the highest me and you we can be.

Hurt another soul=hurt part of god, hurt nature=hurt part of god, hate your soulbrother soulsister=hate part of god. Fearing god is like one of your cells in your body fearing you. Quite a waste of time but god have better senses to keep track of his cells than I have to keep track of my bodies cells.
edit on 8-10-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I am really not sure. I think the original sin is about eating the fruit of duality and believing yourself separate from the rest of the reality conciousness. It is about building an ego and caring about that ego more than others. Me vs Everyone else. And from that way ot thinking comes I am right and everyone that does not agree are wrong. Satan is ego personalities standing up aginst the whole creation conciousness telling his will and wants over everyones elses not matter higher ideals and logic and common sense.

Can you come up with a better description of vanity?

God is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient because it is everything. Just becuse some Christians belive god is separated from creation does not make it true. And god is not perfect. God is still evolving since part of it (I and you) are still evolving to become the highest me and you we can be.

I'm talking about the personification commonly held in high esteem by the Church. I mean, it's not like they ever describe "God", but they give him male characteristics and say we were made in his image. In a round about way, including that one painting where he touches fingers with the first Man, we've generally got an old man for a god. An old man who is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, and benevolent.

A perfect circle without flaw or reason to fear. What we want to be. That's why we worship it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Can you come up with a better description of vanity?

I'm talking about the personification commonly held in high esteem by the Church. I mean, it's not like they ever describe "God", but they give him male characteristics and say we were made in his image. In a round about way, including that one painting where he touches fingers with the first Man, we've generally got an old man for a god. An old man who is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, and benevolent.

A perfect circle without flaw or reason to fear. What we want to be. That's why we worship it.

Maybe I do not have the definition of vanity clear in my head

I am not a fan of the church since it is to unatural and judging where it should be joy, childish and fun. But that does not mean some of the psalms and some of spiritual knowledge in the bible is not holy. There are people who have found their way home thru that faith also.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Every good lie is based on a grain of truth, my friend. Just like myths and legends.

You did a very good job of describing the vanity as it appears in our world. Do you see the point I was making, the epiphany I was sharing? Did you understand it? I tried to make the OP as clear as I could - I have a problem with using clumsy languages to describe the "impressions" in my mind. I do fairly well at it, I think, but maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

It seems not everyone saw the message I was sending.
edit on 8-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I tried to make the OP as clear as I could - I have a problem with using clumsy languages to describe the "impressions" in my mind. I do fairly well at it, I think, but maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

It seems not everyone saw the message I was sending.

It was clear enough. Rare to hear it elsewhere. Even harder to put into words. Because its not about words. Those who have that same understanding within them already see it. I did. I recognize and know still that I am not there yet. That is an ongoing process. To a larger portion though, people recoil from it.

This is a material world. Many have worked hard to achieve success and have lots of money and stuff. They don't want to be told that that is not important. They have convinced themselves long ago that is the key to happiness, even thought they know at the same time thats not true.

So yah, conflict of interest and better to shut it out than to deal with it.

Personally, I think that is why they killed Jesus. He told them the truth about their shallow, pious nature and they really didn't want to hear it. They were to busy puffing up with their pride and accomplishments. So they shut him up.

Don't let the idea that people don't care stop you from saying this again and again. Do it in threads that relate and elsewhere on the internet. I am telling you, that is the message people need to hear and you said it well. That is a gift. Use it. Some will hear it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Love the ending where the person reaches Christ Conciousness (loss of ego and small duality mind) and is totaly in the light awoken where organised religon do no longer exists (the church) and the pyramids of power crumble in the distance.

Free from all the false things he learned in the cave before coming into the real light of day. One by one, those images of state, church, success, depravity, all are shattered and whats left is the humble, empty vessel, standing in the light waiting to be fulfilled. I dug that too. Warms something deeper than the heart.

Have you read Plato, "The Allegory of the Caves"?

Or Yoda says in the Empire Strikes Back, "You must unlearn what you have learned".

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Free from all the false things he learned in the cave before coming into the real light of day. One by one, those images of state, church, success, depravity, all are shattered and whats left is the humble, empty vessel, standing in the light waiting to be fulfilled. I dug that too. Warms something deeper than the heart.

Have you read Plato, "The Allegory of the Caves"?

Or Yoda says in the Empire Strikes Back, "You must unlearn what you have learned".

Yes I have read The Allegory of the Caves after playing around a little outside the box and been able to break thru enought of conditioning to make a difference physicly and spiritually. The ego came back a bit but it is a toy to play with while waiting for the next stage.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Of course. That's why I've put the link in my signature - when people are moved by my posts, and they see that link, they will go to it and hear the message I am sending. I can only hope more people will listen with time, because vanity is the disease that is killing our world.

Many would say, "No, no, it is FEAR that is killing us." You would not be afraid if you weren't so vain as to think that your body is all that exists. We are obsessed with the physical, and we fear the loss of that physicality. Our fear is the price of our vanity.

And from vanity, comes pride and arrogance. The belief that we are entitled. The belief that it's our right to take, just because we can. And every conspiracy, every political game and every economic maneuver and every religious sect is based around vanity. We know "God" more than everyone else. We deserve money more than everyone else. We deserve the power of office more than everyone else.

Vanity.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes. It's strange how people who you would think knew so little, actually knew so much more than we do now. People who we look at like they lived in the Stone Ages, who we see as uneducated and impoverished lunatics ranting about whimsical ideas in a cave somewhere...and centuries later, as we watch the world burning and reflect on those rants, we realize how much more those men knew. And how we've forgotten it over the years. We were supposed to get smarter, but we've only gotten more and more self-absorbed.

How does that happen? It's saddening. "Allegory of the Caves" is a perfect reflection of the world today. Did he see it coming? Did he know that it would happen? Perhaps we should have foreseen it. But what if we did? What if we didn't want to stop it? What if there was a reason that we not only blockaded the way to spirituality, but provided a wide selection of false religions to make us think there was nothing else to look for?

Is it because the way to spirituality is the way to power? Is it because we cannot be trusted with the secrets locked behind that door? Must we find humility before we can proceed? Vanity is our demon, our nature, our pitfall - the engine of our genius and our madness, our miracles and our tragedies - must we overcome it to find the light?

These are questions we must answer if we want to save this world.
edit on 9-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join