It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Union Says ‘War-Like’ Detroit Is Unsafe For Visitors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Enter At Your Own Risk: Police Union Says ‘War-Like’ Detroit Is Unsafe For Visitors

Detroit police say the city is too dangerous and are warning people by handing out a flyer.

One problem is the recent reductions in the police force.

Violent crime has skyrocketed.

Apparently Detroit is America’s most violent city.

What's next ? The National Guard ?

DETROIT (WWJ) – The men and women of the Detroit Police Department believe the city is too dangerous to enter, and they want citizens to know it.

Detroit Police Officer Association (DPOA) Attorney Donato Iorio said officers are holding the “Enter At Your Own Risk” rally at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in front of Comerica Park to remind the public that the officers are overworked, understaffed, and at times, fearful for their lives.

“Detroit is America’s most violent city, its homicide rate is the highest in the country and yet the Detroit Police Department is grossly understaffed,” Iorio told WWJ’s Kathryn Larson. “The DPOA believes that there is a war in Detroit, but there should be a war on crime, not a war on its officers.” ....................

Enter At Your Own Risk: Police Union Says ‘War-Like’ Detroit Is Unsafe For Visitors

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wish I could say 'Bad Union!' and call this hype....but this time, I don't see anything on there I don't know as accurate from other sources and following the Detroit collapse, for lack of a better description.
It's where America could end up...and it's already sitting there to see what that looks like.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My buddy and I were just discussing not a hour ago how we don't feel very safe at concert theater ther any mote because of over worked police. Last year a kid got hit by a car in a hit and run took ambulance 45 mins to show up

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The only reason to go to Detroit any more is to join the police force there. And only then if you are suicidal or just a roid raged face buster.

Seriously Detroit is no place for a person any longer. It is sort of third world like in the way of violence. Then again some third world places are safer.

Raist

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was watching "Parking Wars" which chronicles the day to day struggle of detroits parking enforcers and from what I have seen, their lives are at risk every single work day.

Detroit is becoming the Wild West

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just more proof that the "Police State" is on it's way. Look at the violence in Chicago! This is all planned, and just watch the American public bow down to their masters when they bring in the military to "Protect" them!

Just look at this earlier post that was put up by ATS member "jude11".....

Military Employed For Crowd Control At College Football Game This Saturday

While we all fight over partisan nonsense, they are ushering in the control grid right under our pathetic noses! If you think Romney is going to stop the progress of what is already in place, ya'll are badly mistaken!

It's a coming folks!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What sort of government do they have in Detroit? What kind of leadership do they have? How could they let things get this bad?

My questioning pic.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I do believe that even the police would recommend staying out of Detroit.

I had to fly into Detroit on business a couple of years ago. Even then, it was sad. Many areas we drove through looked abandoned and overgrown, something like you might see in an apocalypse movie. Other areas were more populated, but looked just as blighted.

Flying in, there was a smog so thick over the city that it looked like a tar cloud.

I had to stay in a hotel the first night. After my business was done the next day, they purposely drove me to the next destination in another city in MI, even though I did not need to be there until a few days later, because they said they would not recommend staying in Detroit any longer than necessary, because it just was not safe to do so.

It is very sad for those living there.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My parents go through Detroit on their way to and from Florida a few times a year. Not anymore. They got turned around because of some construction. (apparently Detroit's roads are appalling) and were scared crapless. When I was a kid we used to hop the Windsor-Detroit border all the time to go partying and shopping in the states.

Now, we go the other way. Buffalo still seems to be doing okay.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Hearing that just breaks my heart.... The company I started trucking with in 1995 was partially backed and funded by Detroit 'interests', so much of the freight was to their warehouses in Detroit and the immediate area. I'd really liked that city back then.

It still had character and some charm to it, passing through anyway, in the late 90's when another company I ran for had major auto-part contracts. It was getting rough and National Guard at the customs station searching trucks was a shocker before 9/11....only in Detroit had I seen that then.... but it wasn't outright dangerous just to be there. I thought of it as a city with all the 'Charm' of the East Coast cities without quite AS many low bridges and not nearly as cramped on the streets.....before it became Beirut anyway.

Such a loss....and neither of the goobers running for President so much as mentions the tragedy right in front of us all. They just mention GM or Ford...as if any of that helped Detroit in the end. (sigh)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
*Tinfoil Hat Time!*

What if. . . . . .

What if the political leaders were creating a situation where the only recourse was to have TSA, DHS to step in and provide overt authority over Detroit?
Cops don't want to be there, people don't want to be there, it'd be the perfect "proving ground" to grow federal authority over the 10th Amendment!

Or am I just insane?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You could be right. I could see some sort of testing grounds for such a thing.

I mean it is not like the government has never tested on citizens before

Why not test a Mad Max, police state no a city and see what happens.

Then again I am always seen as the optimist

Raist

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think you're about accurate. Two TV shows in recent years have been DEA and the U.S. Marshall Fugitive Recovery team in 'action' and both in Detroit. The DEA appeared to be doing the street level B.S. work of any normal Police Department's narcotics or vice unit. Just penny ante crap trying to work up. So..... If I didn't know better, I'd say Detroit is already an "open city" for Federal units.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

reply to post by Raist

Believe it or not, this is one of those times that I really wish I'm flat-out wrong!

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What sort of government do they have in Detroit? What kind of leadership do they have? How could they let things get this bad?

My questioning pic.

You want the honest truth? The council is made up of imbeciles with low double digit IQ. They yell at each other in school grade level ebonics. All why they pad and protect the outrages compensation they and their friends receive.

Can anyone expect retards like these to run a large industrial city? It's madness.

edit on 6-10-2012 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why not just hand out fliers that say "One Private Police Force For Sale to Highest Bidder"? It would send the same message. I suppose one way to calm down a warzone is to give one side enough power to overwhelm others and thus achieve stability.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

You want the honest truth? The council is made up of imbeciles with low double digit IQ. They yell at each other in school grade level ebonics. All why they pad and protect the outrages compensation they and their friends receive.

Thanks. Yes, it was an honest question. I wanted to know if Detroit was being led by people trying to do the right thing and struggling against varying factors. . .

or

Idiots.

Appreciate the answer!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Why not just hand out fliers that say "One Private Police Force For Sale to Highest Bidder"? It would send the same message. I suppose one way to calm down a warzone is to give one side enough power to overwhelm others and thus achieve stability.

Wasn't that the theme behind Robocop?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think the thread on the mock nuke attack has a place here as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We could be looking at the real thing here on practice and the setting up of a heavy boot on the neck of the public.

Keep an eye on Detroit for at least the rest of this year.

Raist

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thanks for posting OP.
I guess I'll put my dream vacation off for awhile.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join