It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

by tracking accused "downloaders" hollywood has the ability to steal my intellectual property

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
this is in science because the crazy copy laws threaten my ability to use science to profit

the holloywood lobby want to be able to accuse people of infringement, then force ISPs to give my private personal communications to them JUST IN CASE i am steeling their IP (intellectual property).

they can request all my internet data including emails.

i am an inventor, and i design some technology that is possibly very valuable, and i design some system to exploit known technology, that is also possibly valuable.

so as a scientist all my reasurch sources and my communications can be requested by simply if i am wrongly accused of copy rite infringing.

ACCUSED ONLY

so my multimillion dollar ideas (MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY) are now open for discovery TO THIRD PARTIES because i am "wrongly accused"

so to protect hollywoods IP (intellectual property), i must have mine stolen and given to third parties with no agreement to protect my designs.

THIS LEAVES ME OPEN TO MY IP TO BE TAKEN.

as a scientist i find the idea that the IP of hollywood is more valuable than my right to my OWN IP, is dangerous and disastrous to the feild of science, the innovation of tech design,
and the loss of personal private information that may ALLOW a competitor (third party) to sell MY IP for a profit.

is HOLLYWOOD allowed to steel my IP?

why does hoolywoods IP out value MINE?

what happens if design information is "collected" by the ISP while they "monitor" me for alleged infringement,
and the third parties discover some tech that is valuable?

HOW IS MY IP PROTECTED against hollywood from simply taking my ideas?

HOLLYWOOD would have you believe that only they have IP that needs to be protected,
BUT
what about my IP is that NOT worth protecting?
what about my privacy laws?
what about the losses i stand to face, if (wrongly) accused of infringement?

by the time i get a review of the case the information is already in the hands of a third party,
MY IP RIGHTS and PRIVACY RIGHTS will be non existent.

as a computer scientist i know that individuals have value in their IP, (imagine having your identity stolen)
as an inventor i know i have value in my IP (could be worth alot of money to me)
as a designer i know that my designs has great value (the design of network infrastructure)

why is my future as a designer, as an inventor and as "private" person,
put in question because hollywood decided that its IP rights "allow" them to disregard

MY IP?

i "could" design something worth millions, and that would give the "accusers" a monetary incentive to accuse me of infringing their IP so they CAN TAKE MY IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you look at the value of being able to "accuse" with no court case, what stops them from accusing someone,
simply to get a look at where you resurch, where you buy your supplies,
whats in your emails, the ip addresses of the sights you visit,

being (wrongly) accused of pirating one video, gives them the rights to invade my privacy and take my IP,
transmit it to a third party and "loose" my IP without me ever having a comeback.

this WILL damage science, just accuse your competitor of IP INFRINGEMENT,
then when their IP is insecure in a thrid party server (criminals can steel it)

this forces computer scientists and other scientists to not "transmit" data and papers over the internet,
why?
because as their competitor, i have an interest.

some of the science i do i GIVE AWAY to the commons,
but some of it i keep to my self, (intellectual property)
and what stops one country claiming a citizen of another is infringing copy rite,
just so they can "know" what web sights you visit, at what time, and where you buy your science supplies.

THIS is IP theift (of my IP) disguised as combating IP theft for hollywood.

the idea that the internet is private untill laws are broken is gone,
now if you have any good ideas or designs, you can be targeted by stealth,

the GCSB or the equivalent of the NSA in my country, can NOT spy on me FOR ANY REASON outside of national security, BUT HOLLYWOOD CAN simply with a accusation?

this gives more power to hollywood than my country gives to its own digital spies,
and i feel it is a matter of science, as my IP in science is valuable,
and JUST AS IMPORTANT AS SOME STUPID MOVIE

in conclusion,
as a scientist i am appalled that the courts think movies are more important than science and designs and inventions,

not to mention this legalises spying for hollywood when my own country finds this a CRIME

this hurts privacy and the net as a whole,

but to me it hurts science and innovation more than it helps hollywood.

MY IP IS JUST AS VALUABLE AS YOURs HOLLYWOOD,
and im sure other scientists will understand,
even in science "intellectual property" is very valuable

and unaccountable hollywood types dont understand this,
or simply dont care

WHERE'S my intellectual property protection from hollywood?

xploder

edit on 6-10-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You should sue them.

Let me know how it goes.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
You should sue them.

Let me know how it goes.

OP dont listen to this guy.

i see where you are coming from on this. my advice: keep your information on a "closed circuit" in home server. hardwired, wi fi disabled. have an intermediary computer for use on the internet, and keep it clean.

edit: as long as you know whats on your intermediary computer and make sure you know what is being introduced into your "clean" system. your IP will be safe.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Oh my god.....He flagged it!

So OP, what branch of the sciences are you involved in exactly.....Certainly not linguistics or metallurgy is it?

If you want to challenge the current situation, going to law really is your only option.....Otherwise take the steps described by the previous poster to secure your system.

It's not rocket-science!

edit on 6-10-2012 by squarehead666 because: S&P/Content

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Isn't there any laws in New Zealand that could protect you from said IP? Does this have anything to do with ancient technology perhaps?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

You should sue them.

Let me know how it goes.

i see where you are coming from on this. my advice: keep your information on a "closed circuit" in home server. hardwired, wi fi disabled. have an intermediary computer for use on the internet, and keep it clean.

edit: as long as you know whats on your intermediary computer and make sure you know what is being introduced into your "clean" system. your IP will be safe.

the internal security GCSB in my country cant spy on me,
BUT HOLLYWOOD CAN

how is not using the internet going to help me?
why should i accept the hollywood spies and not from my own country where our laws actually apply?

if the GCSB wrong me i can hold them accountable,
if hollywood does it i have no recourse.

this means in plain terms they beleive their IP is worth MORE than mine,
WTF

they can spy on my ip without the protection of our national laws,
this makes a joke out of our GCSB
and the laws for privacy in my country

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
Isn't there any laws in New Zealand that could protect you from said IP? Does this have anything to do with ancient technology perhaps?

are you implying i could go back to pen and paper so that hollywood can continue spying on us?
pen and paper would slow down the process by weeks per letter instead of minutes per email,

so much for the internet we should al go backwards in time so we can continue to be spyed on so one groups IP can be protected while mine is stolen

i hope i got your comment wrong

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by Dizrael

You should sue them.

Let me know how it goes.

the internal security GCSB in my country cant spy on me,
BUT HOLLYWOOD CAN

how is not using the internet going to help me?
why should i accept the hollywood spies and not from my own country where our laws actually apply?
xploder

i didnt say not to use the internet.

i said have a computer to use on the internet and keep it "clean". always check for virus', anytime you do work on your server wipe it from your computer before putting it back on the internet.

if you cant beat em, dont give them anything to spy on.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just want to clarify that IP stands for "Internet Protocal", the set of rules for sending data across a network, not "intellectual property" in the laws that are written out to pertain to those things.

Too many people use the same acronyms for different things and it can confuse us very easily. Hope that eases your mind a little.

edit on 6-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Just want to clarify that IP stands for "Internet Protocal", the set of rules for sending data across a network, not "intellectual property" in the laws that are written out to pertain to those things.

Too many people use the same acronyms for different things and it can confuse us very easily. Hope that eases your mind a little.

in this context IP = intellectual property,
in my country any thing transmitted over the internet is copywritten to the sender,
what stops hollywood from reading a movie script from my email and taking it?

on the science side,
what stops the hollywood lawyers from reading about my new designs and patenting them themselves?

what stops a competitor from knowing about my cheep source of supplies or my cheeper than theirs resource?

on a computer note,
what happens if i design stuff and by knowing where when and what sights i visit,
attackers can "target" me from the web pages i visit?

a targeted attack for my intellectual property?

i have no rights to protect my privacy or property from a simple "accusation"

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

in this context IP = intellectual property,
in my country any thing transmitted over the internet is copywritten to the sender,
what stops hollywood from reading a movie script from my email and taking it?

on the science side,
what stops the hollywood lawyers from reading about my new designs and patenting them themselves?

what stops a competitor from knowing about my cheep source of supplies or my cheeper than theirs resource?

on a computer note,
what happens if i design stuff and by knowing where when and what sights i visit,
attackers can "target" me from the web pages i visit?

a targeted attack for my intellectual property?

i have no rights to protect my privacy or property from a simple "accusation"

xploder

I don't blame you at all for being upset. They should have no right to your personal data, especially emails since you say you are an inventor and that's one of the ways you send your ideas to people.

I don't know what the answer is. We definitely need to do something to protect our own intellectual property now that we're in the internet age.

Maybe with enough of us getting upset, they'll see the need to change regulations to protect all of us instead of just the big groups with all the money

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Your ISP isn't looking at the data itself. They are looking at the size and amount of packets and where they go to or come from. If you show excessive bandwidth usage and you're IP ( internet protocol ) has been used to connect to torrents, streaming piracy site, etc... THEN the ISP will take some form of action. Here it's a slap on the wrist and a hefty surcharge for the extra bandwidth.

It's all just bandwidth/packet/connection analysis. Nothing more.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by XPLodER

Your ISP isn't looking at the data itself. They are looking at the size and amount of packets and where they go to or come from. If you show excessive bandwidth usage and you're IP ( internet protocol ) has been used to connect to torrents, streaming piracy site, etc... THEN the ISP will take some form of action. Here it's a slap on the wrist and a hefty surcharge for the extra bandwidth.

~Heff

my country uses ultra deep packet inspection,
so they can easily target any protocal or standard they choose,
the fact that they can "capture" in real time the contents of packet data is widely know here in NZ

this is where the restriction come in,
the GCSB (our version of NSA) has very strict rules concerning "what" can be collected and for what reason,
this is done at the ISP level

there is no clause to say this data must not be transmitted to a third party.
in the kim dot com case this information was allowed to leave the country,
and is now in the hands of an unfriendly third party,
who would benefit from knowing intimate details of server architecture or back end software?
their designs for mega music? as one example

in my case if information was taken to the usa and patented, i would lose the usa as a market,
massive loss in markets can cause massive damage to costly world wide patent attempts.

huge financial damage and loss of innovative rights on the product.

i claim the lost IP cumulative to my country would out pace loss from perceived movie IP,
2/1 over a ten year period.

we are an innovative country and rely on IP to bring money and jobs into our economy,

the side effect of hollywood spying could cost us our innovative edge

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by XPLodER

~Heff

ok so lets take a look at this from a corporate spying angle,
give me details of IPs visited,
time on each sight,
and i "could in theory"

directly use that information as a targeted attack on a websight that you visit,
attach an SQL injection to insert a trojen on your computer to give me back door access.

or i could "stalk" you around the internet collecting dox on you

my country uses ultra deep packet inspection at the ISP level, (not on everyone)
so packet data is able to be "complied" and inspected.

what happens if someone working on innovation is accused of downloading a movie,
and their work or contacts are "exposed" to investigation?

well if the innovation is valuable, then their is an incentive to get the ISP to "hand over details" to a third party in another country

do you see the problem now?

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

the police need a court order and probable cause to get a warrent for my ISP records,
or be involved with an ongoing investigation that is "time critical" and that is tested afterwards by a court,

hollywood just says "we accuse them" and then no due process.

they have the power to spy on accusation,
to then collect my suppliers and contributors details and spy on them,

i design hardware infrastructure, all it would take is a list of suppliers ips
and a list of engineers ips
and you could very quickly figuar out what we are designing and for what purpose,
where the designs are being produced and to what spec

people forget that alot of information can be gleaned simply from ip/time info

what limits the collected information from being used to undermine our design efforts?

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You are an inventor?

And you think you have a million dollar idea?

Here is a million dollar idea: spend some time learning correct writing and grammar.

Unless you are in fact downloading from torrents, you have nothing to worry about. They are not looking at you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
You are an inventor?

And you think you have a million dollar idea?

Here is a million dollar idea: spend some time learning correct writing and grammar.

Unless you are in fact downloading from torrents, you have nothing to worry about. They are not looking at you.

umm i think you missed the point,
the GCSB cant monitor my activity in my country,
BUT HOLLYWOOD CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF i had a million dollar idea,
it could be worth CLAIMING infringement,
just to get info on my suppliers and staff

the lack of privacy for the wrongly accused can be used for commercial profit,
this means their could be a monetary incentive to accuse someone to get their details.

not even my country can do that,
BUT HOLLYWOOD CAN

get it?

xploder

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yeah you got it wrong. totally wrong. I never insinuated that you go to paper and pen and quite frankly I'm not real sure what it is that you have posted about after reading more of the comments.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

the holloywood lobby want to be able to accuse people of infringement, then force ISPs to give my private personal communications to them JUST IN CASE i am steeling their IP (intellectual property).

Does that underlined "want" means that this is something that is not implemented yet? If it's not implemented I suggest you look at all the possible ways of preventing it from happening, at least on your side of things.

Do you have any source for what they want?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Why don't you encrypt the files you don't want them to see?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join