It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies! In Indiana! RUN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Been away for a while. Been busy.

I moved from Los Angelos. Landed in Indiana. From Los Angelos to Indiana.

Corn, corn, everywhere corn!

And they drive slow. I thought I drove slow, no , it is not me...

And they all call me hun, or darlin... what is up with that?

One guy waved at me, for no reason, did not know me. Waved at me. Weird.

I always include some good zombie info so here it is. A link to get a zombie survival kit.

Zombie kit here

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Not used to nice ppl?

Guess there are nice ppl in northern states also!

Now... major flaw is, there are no dixie chicks
- I dont think I could live in any state in the US without dixie chicks. Well... besides Alaska.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Be careful or someone might even hold the door for you!

Once you shed the light of the city the real freaks come out.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Been away for a while. Been busy.

I moved from Los Angelos. Landed in Indiana. From Los Angelos to Indiana.

Corn, corn, everywhere corn!

And they drive slow. I thought I drove slow, no , it is not me...

And they all call me hun, or darlin... what is up with that?

One guy waved at me, for no reason, did not know me. Waved at me. Weird.

I always include some good zombie info so here it is. A link to get a zombie survival kit.

Zombie kit here

Having just moved from So Ca myself I can relate.

People obey the traffic laws, smile at you, actually have real conversations with people that serve you food and such.

So Ca is a hole, and no one should live there.

I was amazed at how nice everyone is in Oregon, When we moved in here we had 4 neighbors all randomly come and start helping us move in...

I was at my old house for 6 years and never even heard from my neighbors.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't live in Indiana but I do live in southern Illinois...moved back from living in San Fran..

They also pull over to side of the road for funerals...and pull directly to the side of road for all police/rescue

People are just nice in the midwest..but they do gossip a LOT..so watch what you say...

People wave all the time and have a genuine interest in getting to know outsiders...We don't see a lot of city people, so we LOVE hearing stories about the big cities..

I don't know about where you are...but people do want more cultural things and nice shopping and things to do...but unfortunately companies and stores won't relocate here..so we are left with what's left..I really dislike people making fun of the midwest and south..YES there are still hicks and ignorant people..but for the most part we are not that much different than people in the city...

I notice when the occasional Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican restaurants open people FLOCK to them just for something new and exotic..people are really open to trying new things and getting know different people...it's just we rarely get a chance to do that..because city people like to refer to us as 'flyover' states..sad really.....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great to be so close to home again.

Looking forward to a real fall and winter.

Being away makes one appreciate the midwest.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

That would freak me out too!

I have lived in Phoenix most of my life I lived in Vegas for a year and a small town in north eastern AZ called Show Low. I lived there for a year or so too and the whole time I asked myself what in the hell was I thinking?!?

There are some strange folks in them hills! I'm talking true inbred hillbillies!

This one guy I worked with lived in a trailer which is no big deal. But instead of a septic tank his sewage just ran through a hose into the back yard. Gross stuff guys!

That's just one example. I could tell you some stories but you'd think I was making it up. I couldn't wait to get back to Phoenix.

In Phoenix we drive fast and most will flip you off before they wave at you. Nobody calls you hun or sweetie and no we don't hold doors for you either. (Is your #ing arm broken?)

On the plus side most don't practice incest and we all have indoor plumbing.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Welcome to the neighborhood fellow truth seeker, I love it here in Indiana. Born and raised for 34 years, in the west side suburbs and country side outlying Indianapolis.

Folks in Indiana are a lot different than either of the coasts, manners cost nothing, so we use them, just out of courtesy.

Though the manners are slightly less than those found in rural Tennesse, rural and urban Indiana should be a very pleasnt change from the get by no matter who one must step on lifestyle of the west coast.

Once again welcome to the Indiana. It is a very nice place to live!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Lol

I guess traffic in Indiana would suit me well. When i lived in LA i tried to use a car there, but the traffic in LA is INSANE. Its like more balls you have to push your car in between other cars better you drive. And the shouting.. ppl love to shout each others when they drive.. you can hear " Sweetheart.. take your fat A$$ out of my way" even when this "sweetheart" absolutely had no A$$ at all lol.

When i sat on the scare bunny seat ( next to drivers seat ) i was even more horrified i though always this will be my last day...

I think driving in Indiana will do some good
btw Hun and Darlin .. they are nice to you.. or do they say nice to meat you ?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I think I might like it here.

The license plates are strange, the numbers are flat. Every other state has these embossed, pressed, license plates. Here they could make them on a laser printer.

Radio is pretty quiet. Talked to one guy on 220 mhz. Nothing much on 2 meters.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I should give two stars for the right on description of traffic out there. I used to just stay home because of traffic. LA TRAFFIC IS NUTS! Used to fly out of Burbank to avoid driving to LAX. I would pay anything to fly from Burbank and avoid that drive.

All the people here are unbelievably friendly. Except a couple of the guys I work with, I think maybe they don't like engineers.

Have to hang in there, until they get to know me.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Welcome back Sweet Pea....it's a country thang. Hun, Darlin' Sweet Pea.....

Des

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Must not be talking about northern indiana lol.

I bought a car from a gay couple in south bend (indiana) last night. They both drove seperate cars and took my new car to my house for me.....zombies!!!

top topics

join