It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Choices, Illustrated. Which is going to support YOU!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.cheezburger.com...

Off to the right (in the link), you'll see this:

Candidate Crib Comparison of the Day
At least we can all agree on one thing: their houses are probably nicer than all of ours.

You gonna vote for who? It's an interesting comparison, though.
I don't want to be accused or censored for political trolling, but this I just found made me think of ATS.
I have not investigated whether or not these figures are true. If they are, they are a pretty good piece of advertising for Obama, in my opinion.

I wonder how ATS will review/critique it.

I also wonder, IF IT is true, would it sway your vote?

(I seem to have "the new thread trots" today..hopefully tomorrow I'll just lurk, and read. )
edit on 6-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My critique would be good graphics... Excellent hierarchy and presentation with just a pinch of humor. Although, I'd have to add, if the designer was working for unbiased, they failed miserably as one piece of data seems to be missing and was covered in some depth on another ATS thread.

Obama's go house shopping

What a quinky dink that Mitt's place is valued right at 35 million. That happens to be the figure so many estimate the new Obama's estate in Hawaii is valued at. I guess it's a case of 'Movin on up' like an old TV show once sang in it's theme.
Has Obama even spent the night in the south Chicago residence?

I appreciate the OP statement about not being on one side or the other for posting...but I would wonder one thing for the people making these. What President WAS good in their opinion? One thing I discovered in making my President's thread...and in Kennedy's case, to my utter shock for numbers...they all came in millionaires. Obama walked into Office worth roughly 5 Million, by estimates. So...it's all degrees of rich and disconnected, eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So...it's all degrees of rich and disconnected, eh?

It absolutely is, Wrabbit. Or rather, rich and "connected" (lol).....

That's why I added the l little side-note about none of our homes being anywhere NEAR even the Obamas.

Thanks for responding. I fully expect that even if it seems humorous, it could sway people either way....do I want to be a loser/community organizer, or do I want to be a member of the super-rich?

I honestly believe it promotes both sides. If one is a conservative, Mitt's obvious exquisite success looks fantabulastic! If one is, rather, a former community organizer, Obama's modest and helpful lifestyle looks fantabulastic!

I already stated what it did for my view. I hope others will speak up, too, about their reactions.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You know, after looking over the site and getting a better sense of how it was offered..You're right. That is a cute poster and can honestly be taken either way depending on who is reading it and how. Nice find on that and I bookmarked the site.

I think I've been there before...but it's one of those I forgot entirely about so thanks for the site as much as the thread! Some of those graphics gave me ideas for new ones of my own too.

top topics

join