It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, glad to have joined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I will try to make this post to the best of my ability but I have been told I have a problem with making too many sentences.
________________________________________________________________________________________
[color=grey]Hello all, I am a youth living in Ontario, Canada. I decided to make an account because some weird things in my personal life have been happening and I wanted to ask this forums opinion about it. As this is an introduction section I obviously can't talk about that here but once I get 20 posts I will be sure to elaborate.

Now to start off: A couple years ago I was really into conspiracy theories, I was also a lot younger so they really terrified me, needless to say I lost a lot of sleep. I eventually dismissed them as fiction and continued to live my life. I also watched a Penn and Teller: Bull# on conspiracy theories [specifically the moon and what really goes on at Area 51 (I believe, its been awhile)] and it made me dismiss all conspiracy theories. While I still can't find myself to believe in some, like the reptile one, others are starting to make me think and reconsider.

[color=grey]I was raised in a Christian family — my family has had its fair share of not-so-happy tales along with very strange people, for example I have had a family member cut off ties with everyone and join a cult. My mom wouldn't tell me the whole story but she said it was satanic (though it could be something more specific — she would classify almost anything not Christian as satanic. I don't know if it was a white type thing but my mother made it seem really dark and bad). This family member died not too long after breaking ties with the family, my mother never told me why or how the death happened so it still remains untold (to me at-least). She also had a daughter who now lives with other family members, I've never met her.

[color=grey]My mom told me that some people in her side of the family are sensitive to "paranormal things". Now, I don't even really have a decided opinion on all this paranormal type stuff so it could all be a coincidence but I might as well share what has been told to me. My mom and my sister have had street lights turn off right when they drive past one (only one light) or when they walk under one. My mom says she can use this weird prong type thing to find water. Also when my mom was a child her friends convinced her to use a ouija board and her friends got angry because nothing happened but my mother told me that a voice was talking to her in her head and answering all her questions (like having a conversation). My mom got so scared she ran home and cried and told her mom what she did and of course they freaked out saying it was stuff of the devil. My mom did once tell me that what was talking to her didn't say anything malicious but it still terrified her.

[color=grey]I am hoping to be able to gain more enrichment in this community! Just by lurking I have already gotten the opportunity to read about new things. I am eagerly awaiting the 20 post park so I can make threads of my own

Thanks!

edit on 6-10-2012 by vendettent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vendettent

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For somebody who is new to the forum, you have the capability to suit yourself with colours and upload avatar pics already.

Obviously you arent that new to ATS, perhaps ?

Whatever, welcome to the forum.
Hint: Paranormal ? Just kill it! We are destined to rule the earth, others are just food.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
For somebody who is new to the forum, you have the capability to suit yourself with colours and upload avatar pics already.

Obviously you arent that new to ATS, perhaps ?

Whatever, welcome to the forum.
Hint: Paranormal ? Just kill it! We are destined to rule the earth, others are just food.

reply to post by NullVoid

Thanks for the input to my thread, and the compliment on my forum skills

I first came to ATS about a week ago but I only recently registered my account. I know how to set up BBC Code (think its called that) and avatars because when I was younger I was obsessed with this forum which was about cheats and strategy for games from a company called Nexon (I would list it but i don't know if that would be considered advertising). There I learnt how to do avatars/BBC code. I figured the mechanics were similar here so I found the needed dimensions in the avatar guidelines thread and went to my tools page

edit on 6-10-2012 by vendettent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi welcome.

Hope to see some new interesting threads soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Thanks for the welcome Cavalry, it is much appreciated! I will be sure to direct you to my thread once created

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hey there! Welcome to ATS. I am sure you may see a good bit of me. I am good at aggravating people with my awesome logic and popping randomly into threads.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Weeeelcome!

new topics

top topics

join