It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Black Labyrinth] Started

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I take it because of no responses from an MODS or HA that this is the game and they are intentionally not mentioning it anywhere or saying anything about it, so i guess we can put some serious effort into this now.

Must be like the beggining of DrJim where part of the game was finding out that it was a game.

I got a feeling BL is going to be a long game full of mystery!

Odd

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ach... if it's on already, this one is going to be tough. I've analyzed the image in every imaginable program, and sifted through all 300-odd pages of random code that comes from opening the thing in Notepad....and there just aren't any leads.

I'm sure as hell keeping my eye on the site, though, and I imagine all of you are doing the same, so... let's do everything we can do, and keep in touch

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hmm,This sounds fun. Iam always a bit late on these games but I'd love to help! I dont have a clue whats going on so could some one fill me in, Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I found this which is an interesting read and has some good links altho some are broken

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vowles all we have so far is the little link at the bottom of ats and also ignorancedenied.com

which takes you to www.blacklabyrinth.com

[edit on 17-10-2004 by helenheaven]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vowles
Hmm,This sounds fun. Iam always a bit late on these games but I'd love to help! I dont have a clue whats going on so could some one fill me in, Thanks.

At the bottom of the main pages you will see in a very small font "UNUS".
Enjoy

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nice find helen, interesting read.

I can see myself being very knowledgable about greek mythology at the end of this game!

I have already read the full story behind the minataur and the maze etc.

By the way the symbol in the middle looks like the horns of a minataur and the triangle thingy means change as i read somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is good too

I like the idea it could be a map

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Great stuff, Iam looking up what the Black triangle could be.

So far its a sign on drugs:

"The Committee on Safety of Medicines (CSM) / MHRA (Medicines) encourages the reporting of all suspected reactions to newer drugs and vaccines (those products that are indicated by the inverted black triangle symbol)."

Dont think that has anything to do with this.

Only other thing intresting I found is:

www.holisticshop.co.uk...

Edit:Overlooked something I should not have! What about the black triangle UFO? I remember seeing something with it as there avatar a while back!

[edit on 17-10-2004 by Vowles]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oct 15-16 Theseus & the Minotaur (children�s musical), Venture, 8 PM

Haha i found this a fu coincidence.

From.
www.billingsgazette.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Oct 15-16 Theseus & the Minotaur (children�s musical), Venture, 8 PM

Haha i found this a fu coincidence.

From.
www.billingsgazette.com...

~abominatio nascitur autumno
*with hatred he is born in autumn

Hmm- "Autumn Calendar of Events" is the title of that link. Connection somewhere?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I found this site that talks about mazes and labrynths. Their definition of labyrinth is:

Labyrinths are different from mazes. Labyrinths are unicursal. They have one well-defined path that leads us into the center and back out again. There are no tricks to it, no dead ends or cul-de-sacs, no intersecting paths.

So from that quote I would say that this is not a labyrinth.

Another thing on that site is they don't mention any labyrinths greater than 11 rings, and this is 22. Maybe this is actually two labyrinths combined? And the turns in a labyrinth seem to occur on x/y axis, 0/360, 90, 180, 270 degrees, whereas these occur on different degrees.

Other observations:
The 'spinning' effect of the animated Gif is counter-clockwise, as is the image's movements.

Odd

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The connotative definition of Labyrinth is a bit softer than that, really... remember how Theseus had to bring a ball of string so he could remember which of the many paths he should take to escape?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i don't know if this matters, but the maze in the picture is not a labyrinth, labyrinths only have one path to the middle. traditionally, you are suppossed to follow the path and leave your demons in the middle.

this could mean that the position of the 'gaps' could e relevant

top topics

join