It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart Debate Tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Bill oreily must be crapping his pants right now...

He will actually have to make sense,,, for he will be speaking in front of more then his usual dim witted audience,, who can barely hear what hes saying any way because they are retired and have no real reason to change the batteries in their hearing aids..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

O'Reilly has long said that he does not identify with any political party.[80] On December 6, 2000, the Daily News in New York reported, however, that he had been registered with the Republican Party in the state of New York since 1994. When questioned about this, he said that he was not aware of it and says he registered as an independent after the interview

Bill O'Reilly Wiki

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Of course hes independent. His show is completly fair and balanced. If he was anything other then independent, his show would produce a bias for a certain presidential nominee.

The point truly was that the difference is Liberal and Conservative. Bill is a Conservative Independent, as am I. I'm neither a registered Republican nor Democrat. Likewise there are conservative and Liberal Republicans and Liberal and Conservative Democrats. The Conservative Republicans complain about Bill and charge him with being a Democrat or Liberal when he takes Republicans to task. People seem completely incapable of seeing any other color besides red or blue. There are not two concrete ideologies in this nation.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Stewart and Colbert are the most rational, intelligent, and adroit personalities on TV;

I don't know about Colbert as I don't watch his show.

I've watched Stewart a few times, including when he had Kerry and Bush on his show when they were running for President elect.

He asked Kerry lots of soft questions and tried to turn it against Bush any way he could.

He asked Bush lots of hard questions and tried to turn those answers against Bush any way he could.

I'm sorry, but if a commentator wants my respect, he will treat all guests the same way, and ask hard questions without personal opinion slanting them in any way.

Stewart is just a liberal mouthpiece. that's all he is.

Bill o'reily is a pundit, his job is to push people's buttons so he can sell the news and gets lots of money. So I don't care for him either.

I want fair, unbiased exploration of the issues with facts, not opinions and preaching.

But I guess that's too hard of a thing to ask for in this day and age.

Because it's not about reporting the news, it's about making money, and the only way to make money is to sensationalize things. Because far too many people just don't listen to reason, they'll only react when their buttons are pushed. otherwise, it's just a lot of "meh, so what?" reactions.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Dude, for bush, a "hard question" would have been

1. What is 2 + 3
2. What color is the sky
3. Spell "Dog"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Bill O'Reilly should be a registered Lying Fascist Idiot.

'Nuff said.

You're more than welcome to think that, but my point still stands, Bill isn't a Republican. Disagreeing with a Liberal doesn't make someone a Republican.

Bill O'Reilly is a status quo globalist. Whichever fake party he chooses to pretend to be apart of is completely irrelivant. Disagreeing with a Democrat doesn't make someone Conservative either, but both are moot points.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Dude, Bush was a fighter pilot with an Ivy league education.

People call him stupid because he doesn't do what they want him or expect him to do.

He is not stupid by any means.

He may be a big arse but he is not stupid.

And you can't be stupid by pulling a big joke over millions upon million of people.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You tried to debunk the statement ... "george bush is not smart"

by saying..... "george bush is smart" ,.,.,,.

I remember the speeches and time he was in presidency,,, ive seen the hours of bloopers, stupers, and idiocy displayed by our dear nations leader..,.,.,

Please provide an example that george bush is smart.... please.... i have never seen this evidence you believe in..

please dont use him going to an ivy league as an excuse,,, if my cousin with down syndrome had a million dollars he would get into an ivy league school..... probably would have been a better president too.
edit on 6-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If you watch previous interviews between the two of them on each other shows one thing is very apparent. Stewart is an actual human being while oreilly is a man playing a character on tv. Jon constitently calls him out on his "oh shucks" talking to the "folks" bs. Oreilly has created an image that appeals to fear and paranoia of simple minded people who are long for a Norman Rockwell vision of America that never really existed.
edit on 6-10-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Stewart and Colbert are the most rational, intelligent, and adroit personalities on TV;

I don't know about Colbert as I don't watch his show.

I've watched Stewart a few times, including when he had Kerry and Bush on his show when they were running for President elect.

He asked Kerry lots of soft questions and tried to turn it against Bush any way he could.

He asked Bush lots of hard questions and tried to turn those answers against Bush any way he could.

I'm sorry, but if a commentator wants my respect, he will treat all guests the same way, and ask hard questions without personal opinion slanting them in any way.

Stewart is just a liberal mouthpiece. that's all he is.

Bill o'reily is a pundit, his job is to push people's buttons so he can sell the news and gets lots of money. So I don't care for him either.

I want fair, unbiased exploration of the issues with facts, not opinions and preaching.

Because it's not about reporting the news, it's about making money, and the only way to make money is to sensationalize things. Because far too many people just don't listen to reason, they'll only react when their buttons are pushed. otherwise, it's just a lot of "meh, so what?" reactions.

You watched the show twice, almost a decade ago?
Your opinion of it seems super relevant then.

Stewart is a liberal mouthpiece?
Based on the two shows you watched back in the 90s?

If you watched the show say in the last 6 years, you might know how ignorant that sounds.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Dude, Bush was a fighter pilot with an Ivy league education.

People call him stupid because he doesn't do what they want him or expect him to do.

He is not stupid by any means.

He may be a big arse but he is not stupid.

And you can't be stupid by pulling a big joke over millions upon million of people.

Sorry, but regardless of your opinion of him, he was as dumb as a rock.
He was no fighter pilot, he was in the National Guard and went AWOL on them, didn't complete most of his training hours but daddy bought his way through. That was back when the National Guard was never called out to do anything before HE sent them directly into war and got so many of the killed.

The man is as dumb as a rock.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Andcoulter

To add to that, a study shows that people who watch the 30 minutes of the daily show are more informed then people who watch all of foxnews.

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed of All Viewers

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

News, ESC, Stewart and Colbert are also pundits.
However, their job is not quite like anyone else's......

They actually are fair, and explore the issues with facts....and have guests who are in the world of politics, religion, war, etc. Some are writers, some are politicians, some are intellectuals, some are clergy, etc..........and each of them gets a VERY FAIR opportunity to make their points.

What John and Stephen find is what the nation/people need to hear.

If you have only that minimal exposure to either of them, you really aren't qualified to critique them. Refusing to watch them while publicly saying what they "are" and what they "stand for" is unwarranted.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I do have to say I'm a little bit disappointed in Stewart for even fooling with O'Reilly. I feel like it's going to be very scripted, hope I'm wrong about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

They do seem to have gotten to a genuinely friendly rivalry. The only reason that even seems to work is because when John goes on Oreilly and vice versa, there is always a moment where Oreilly almost half heartedly admits he knows he is just saying things for the purpose of saying them. John seems to really actually believe the things he says. I imagine Oreilly actually believes the things John says too. Bill is a blowhard but he is not stupid. He knows where his bread is buttered and he knows he can do anything he wants and then have "talking points" clear it all up for him the next night.

I cannot image any other reason for a person to take a segment of their show, read things they wrote, express things they feel, and the whole time attribute it to some entity called "talking points."

Then again, I have no watched Oreilly on Fox in months.

To that one other poster. I watched the Daily show before Stewart was the host and Bush was president. I watched Oreilly since he was on that stupid tabloid show.

Imagine how worthwhile my opinion would sound if I said I saw two hours of FOX news a decade ago and now have lots of things to say about them.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Not as ignorant as you just bashing me just because I have my own opinions based on actually watching them. You just wanted to bash me because I disagree with you.

And that makes you a fool.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hmm. Is it too late to order or something?

I tried to order it, but all the order links are just dead on the therumble page.

Anyone know?

Jeez. For 4.95 perviewer, you'd think they would have sufficient servers. It keeps timing out. I'm assuming it's because so many are logged on and there isn't enough bandwidth.

This sux. I love when those 2 get together. They crack me up
edit on 6-10-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Not as ignorant as you just bashing me just because I have my own opinions based on actually watching them. You just wanted to bash me because I disagree with you.

And that makes you a fool.

I never bashed your opinion. I pointed out how invalid it was since it was based on a lack of knowledge. That is what ignorance is.
Watching two shows 10 years ago and then opining on what the man is, does, and stands for is pretty ignorant.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If you have only that minimal exposure to either of them, you really aren't qualified to critique them. Refusing to watch them while publicly saying what they "are" and what they "stand for" is unwarranted.

This is utter nonsense.

So how many shows do I have to watch before I can have a qualified opinion in your eyes? And why can it only be recent shows that I have to watch?

Do I have to watch them for years and years and years and years? Do I have to watch every single episode there is to be an expert?

How many episodes do I have to watch before I become qualified enough to be able to have an opinion on them?

And why do you have any authority to tell me I can't have an opinion on them? What are your qualifications to have that authority?

And I'm sure there have been some shows out there in which you watched once, or maybe even twice, before you decided to not watch them anymore because you didn't like what they said?

Who the heck do you think you are telling somebody they can't have an opinion or they can't express their opinion because they aren't qualified to have one or express?

You're nobody.

edit on 6-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No it's not.

Prove to me the show has changed.

It hasn't.

You can bash me all you want but you're the fool.

Stop calling people ignorant just because you disagree with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join