It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices Without a Vote: Children make a video pleading with Americans to save the country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A group of California teenagers have created a video called “Voices Without a Vote,” pleading with those who can vote in November to elect leaders who defend the U.S. Constitution and govern according to its principles.
The YouTube video, which has already been seen by hundreds of thousands of viewers, was created bya nonprofit organization called im2morro (“I’m tomorrow”), which clarifies on its website: “We don’t think of ourselves as ‘Republicans,’ ‘Democrats’ or ‘Libertarians.’ We’re Americans, independent thinkers who believe in the framework of ideals that have formed and guided this great nation for over 200 years.”
“Please vote for patriots in the spirit of the Founders – patriots, candidates, who will restore constitutional America,” the teens on the video, including Taylor, plead. “Liberty is never more than one generation from extinction, and we are that generation.”

Think about the children before you vote.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They shouldn't feel too bad. We are not just spending their money, but also their children's money. So, they won't have to pay all of it back by themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am not American but if I could vote in America I would choose not to vote and urge my fellow Americans to do the same in order to slay the tyrant that has become the US government.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by broli

Unfortunately, not voting will not slay the dragon.

In the US if you don't vote, you are basically saying, I like the status quo, things the way they are is fine with me. It is not a statement, it is lazy and tells the government to do whatever the he__ it wants to us.

Voting says: I want ____ for myself and for my country.

My sister is voting Obama because she is a hypochondriac and now has to pay out the nose for health care and she wants Obama care. What she doesn't realize is that socialized medicine means that in a very few years, she will only get palliative care for her illnesses, and not curative care. Of course, in her case, a shaved aspirin would probably work.

I am voting for Romney who is closer to being the constitutionalist/libertarian than Obama. I am a libertarian but know that a vote for the libertarian candidate is a vote for Obama at this stage in the game. Once we get a candidate that is a strict constitutionalist or libertarian that has enough support to have a chance at winning, that person will get my vote.

I will keep voting for the person that is closest to being a strict constitutionalist/libertarian for as long as I can crawl to the polls to try and affect change.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

We’re Americans, independent thinkers who believe in the framework of ideals that have formed and guided this great nation for over 200 years.”
reply to post by grandmakdw

I would say
you have to subtract 100 years

back to the meeting on Jekyll Island 1910
that's when the beginning of the boning started

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
I am voting for Romney who is closer to being the constitutionalist/libertarian than Obama.

What the wha???

So, let me get this straight: you think a war-mongering president is closer to being a constitutionalist/libertarian? Really? You think a president that limits the rights of the people is a constitutionalist/libertarian? Really?

George W. Bush was the worst president ever to hold office, whisking away our rights and liberties with such bills as the Patriot Act, and endorsed torture, started several wars, at least one of which was based on blatant lies.

Romney will employ roughly 70% of Bush's administration. Romney has also threatened Russia and Iran in his speech at the RNC. Romney has all but admitted he will be a war president.

This country can't afford more wars, and can't afford another Bush. If you think you hate it now under Obama, just you wait to see the destruction of this country and our liberties under another Bush administration such as Romney.

edit on 6-10-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Somebody in the video said "Reagan principles". I thought they claim to be non-partisan? I like the message for most part but sadly there are few politicians to vote for who fit the bill. It doesn't matter whether Romney of Obama wins, the program written by the big banks will continue- with the Federal Reserve being the main culprit.
Still, it's good to see young people speaking up about something as important as the future of our country.

Ending social programs? Hmmm, it's not that simple kids and Social Security is not an entitlement program!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Which warmongering president do you refer to? The one who went from two wars to seven? You cannot be referring to bommy since he has declared war on exactly zero nations and interfered in the internal problems of another zero nations. While bammy claims to want peace; I seem to recall one of his many broken campaign promises was to end the wars; he has in fact embroiled the nation in multiple separate conflicts where we had no national security interests.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Blah blah.

They had me till they said conservative.

top topics

join