It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF shoots down drone that penetrated deep into Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

IDF shoots down drone that penetrated deep into Israel

www.timesofisrael.com...

The IDF shot down a foreign drone that had penetrated deep into Israeli airspace on Saturday afternoon.

After an initial investigation, military officials said the unmanned aerial vehicle did not come from the Gaza Strip, leading the army to consider the possibility that it originated in Lebanon. Hezbollah has flown drones into Israeli airspace a few times in the past, though not for several years.

IDF Spokesperson Yoav Mordechai said that the Israeli Air Force was able to identify the unmanned aerial vehicle while it was flying over the Mediterranean, and that the IAF stayed close to the drone throughout its flight over Israel until the decision was made to shoot it down in the northern Negev desert.

I gotta say, this is the first I've heard of drones being used against Israel. These drones are unarmed, it seems, strictly flying into Israel air space for reconnaissance. Palestinian reports the latest drone was flown out of Gaza but the IDF says otherwise.

Check out the handful of other drone incidents in Israel.

Several Hezbollah drones have crossed over into Israeli airspace in recent years. In November 2004, the Islamist group flew a reconnaissance drone, the “Mirsad 1,” into Israel for the first time. The drone flew over the Galilee before returning to Lebanese airspace, and was not shot down by the IDF.

In April 2005, the group flew another “Mirsad” drone into Israel airspace; this one, too, was not intercepted.

In summer 2006, during the Second Lebanon War, the IDF shot down a Hezbollah drone over the Mediterranean Sea, near Haifa.

Drones, everyone wants one.

Let Me Google More Information For You
edit on 6-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'd like to see a picture of this supposed "drone." For some reason I'm imagining a model airplane with a wal-mart video camera attached.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

You want to see a pic you say? Just click the link.

Army forces scour area in search of drone

IDF troops attempting to locate and recover downed drone, Southern Hebron Hills, October 6. Photo by Eliyahu Hershkovitz

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I wonder what kind
of motor was powering it
liquid fuel or battery powered.
the article doesn't say...

from the pic
it looks like something
bought at a hobby shop
and given a home made paint job.

didn't see anything about a camera
on board it either...

probably just kids having fun

my buddy's been making his own
for over a year... messing around with
different variations...

Turned me on to these guys Brooklyn Aerodrome
they show you how to do it on the cheap...

the orange goggles are a must when piloting a drone

edit on 10/6/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Given the fact this drone came from Israel's ME enemies it's no surprise to me, or anyone, that the drone looks like a model air plane. Hell, it probably is a model airplane and that's because Israels enemies are not well funded and have lack luster technology.

Lulz.....

www.haaretz.com...

In 2010, Israeli Air Force shot down an apparently unmanned balloon that flew over the Dimona nuclear reactor.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

no doubt

I just wish you
could see what the insignia
on the vertical stabilizer says...

maybe a calling card of who done it

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The drone's intersection video

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Socrato

You want to see a pic you say? Just click the link.

This picture was taken in 2006:

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I see they replaced that pic with the video you just posted. I wish they would have stated when that pic of the drone was taken, but that's the MSM for ya.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sounds like more made up zionist nonsence to me.

Just an excuse to shoot at something, maybe to show their prowess at aiming.

I doubt very much it was a serious military device from a foreign enemy.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Israeli military is powerful, indeed.

Who is like the Israeli military? Who can fight the Israeli military?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

There is always that but an Israeli jet sure did shoot something down and it wasn't a bird or a jet

I think this is our drone.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Interestingly enough that video has been taken down but here's a news report about it

And who knew the IDF had their own YT channel?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm unbelievably skeptical about what i read and hear from the msm, untill i read the same story from at least 8 different regional news sources i consider consider it complete and total bs,it's really hard to find out the truth when we have little to no control over the information we receive..
It is however very likely a drone was downed over Israel,or a kite for that matter..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Look above you, I posted the video of the IDF air force shooting down their drone. The IDF have their own YouTube channel. So there ya go, straight from the horse mouth. Now the question still stands, do you trust the IDF?

Oh and to read this story on 8 or more sources see my Let Me Google More Information For You link in the OP.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The propaganda from all sides has stepped up a notch recently. I can see something happening soon, maybe they are waiting until after the US election.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Fair enough,but what was the drone doing in Israel airspace? targeting? no i don't not trust the IDF,do you?
drones are flying all over the middle east by US and Israeli operators,and i'm against it no matter who uses them..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I obviously can't tell you why there is a drone in Israeli airspace but my assumption would be intelligence collection and that's just what the news outlets and IDF are reporting. Could there be a conspiracy here? Absolutely! And you're also correct that there are a lot, I mean a lot of drones flying all over the Middle East. Maybe the USA is spying on Israel and why not, Israel is constantly spying on the USA.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Even if it was Hizballoh, so what. How many times has the Israel air force violated the Lebonease air space.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
YNET

Downed drone: Iran testing Israel's capabilities

www.ynetnews.com...

If your looking for conspiracies:
The peculiar thing is why didn't the IAF knock it down straight away? They allowed it to go deep into Israel before knocking it down. Maybe they tried to take control over the drone by remote control? but failed.
Interesting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join