learn more

Republican Legislator: ‘Slavery Was A Blessing In Disguise’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well some say it's bad, some say slavery is good.
The truth is somewhere in the middle - brown people should be slaves.
But taking care of them is too much work, taking too much time.
Maybe paying them enough money for food and shelter and telling them they are free is the way to go?
And every 4 years have an election between the rich and the rich for President?
One rich is cold and hard. The other rich is warm and caring.
Both are stopped from doing anything by a congress that do only that one thing - stop the President. (And make money for doing this by taking money from those with money.)
Yeah! Why didn't the founding father think of this??
Sounds great!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well the Honorable Representative is invited to read up a bit on slavery because what he knows is severely limited.

When White servitude is acknowledged as having existed in America, it is almost always termed as temporary "indentured servitude" or part of the convict trade, which, after the Revolution of 1776, centered on Australia instead of America. The "convicts" transported to America under the 1723 Waltham Act, perhaps numbered 100,000. The indentured servants who served a tidy little period of 4 to 7 years polishing the master's silver and china and then taking their place in colonial high society, were a minuscule fraction of the great unsung hundreds of thousands of White slaves who were worked to death in this country from the early l7th century onward. Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were Whites slaves and they were America's first slaves. These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were. This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.

Article

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Mohamad Ali afgrees with him in saying " I sure am glad my grand daddy got on that boat" Look it up if you want I live close to him and have heard it many times

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This guy is an ignorant moron. Maybe he should read some slave "diaries"...see how good the slaves were treated and what they felt.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think that's a statement that requires a LOT of guessing as far as the quality of life that each slave endured..

The quality of life slaves endured was awful. They weren't considered as human...

It is true that slaves in America would have actually been healthier, lived longer and endure less violence. Insensitive and poorly worded sure.

Living longer was an awful thing for a slave, you should go read how they were treated...from actual accounts out of slaves mouths. And from the accounts of numerous Europeans visiting the USA, abolitionists etc,

What he said is true..

Could you please tell me how all black people are ignorant?

Again what he said is true..

How was integration bad for white people?

Compared to the constant failures of blacks against other minorities .. I think that's a fair question to ask.

Did you forget black people only gained equal rights in the 1960's? Discrimination in the workplace, loans from banks, education, etc.... just didn't magically stop.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Mohammad Ali wouldn't exist on Earth if Africans were not brought here as slaves. So that whole argument is a whole lot of fail.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He said something in public that should not have been voiced. There is truth in his political suicide statement. Slavery is bad any way you look at it. In the big picture there was some good that came from it and a lot of bad that came from it. I think if you could see inside Michael Jordans head you would find him glad he was born in America. Had his ancestors not been sold into slavery he would not have achieved what he did. The guy was stupid for saying it but there is some truth to it. If you think some Democrats have not shoved their own foots up their asses like this guy did you are naive. Google some quotes from Lyndon B. Johnson or Bill Clinton. Republicans are not more racist than Democrats. They just keep telling you they aren't.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, he could've been talking about...um...when said...that...hmm...that part where mentioned...well...

Nope, can't defend any of it. Yup, he's a moron.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328 Slavery was the stupidest thing our country ever did, that's for sure.

I disagree, I'd say second stupidest thing and put exterminating the natives 1st.

But that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join