It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Nuclear Experts: Technology Doesn’t Yet Exist to Clean Up Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
By Washingon's Blog
Global Research News
Date: October 04, 2012
Link : www.globalresearch.ca...

The article says , we need new generation robots to contain the radiation inside the Fukushima nuclear plant . The radiation inside the reactor is too hot even for the robots .

Containing Fukushima Is Beyond Current Technology

Concerning the extraction of fuel debris [at Fukushima], which is considered the most challenging process, “There is no technology which may be directly applied”

It is very difficult to overstate how difficult the work is going to be at that site. There will need to be new technologies and new methodologies created to be able to enable them to clean the site up and some of these technologies don’t exist yet, so there’s a long way to go with that …. There’s a long, long way to go.

A group of scientists from the Science Council of Japan (SCJ) are advising the government via the Japan Atomic Energy Company (JAEC) to completely overhaul its nuclear waste disposal plan. Currently, the government plans to bury spent nuclear fuel 300 meters below ground, where it will need to stay for tens of thousands of years until it is no longer radioactive.

Engineers are furiously working on developing robots which can withstand higher levels of radiation

It will take years to invent a new generation of robots able to withstand the radiation.

edit on 6-10-2012 by synapsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Nobody has anything to say???

I'll say it... WE'RE SO SCREWED.

I think we all know it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What effect does radiation have on robots? I thought that there were already machines that could withstand an actual nuclear blast?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The more complex somethings DNA is the more opportunities it has for a potentially harmful mutation. Thus something less complex than a mammal say an insect fungus or plant can survive better. The sprig of Accacia the freemasonry use as a symbol has radiation resistant properties; it was used to build Noahs arc; there is also a black mushroom growing in Chernobyl that converts gamma rays to mass as well as Psilopsybin which has evolved to be purple; the color of cosmic rays in the void of space. Check out this link (bluehoney.org...) they have spores that are one of the hardest organic substances known to man. These and other plants could help if even somewhat clean up the environment of the effects of radiation; however two of them can be used as a hallucinogenic which is why they won't be used in Fukushima. Better dead than drugged so said the thugs. (By which I don't mean the Thugee of India) I would think these plants used as the shell of insect like robots would have less chance of failure that a larger robot with the same shell.
edit on 22-2-2013 by DiogenestheWanker because: Spelling error

top topics

join