It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
it is a sexual birth orientation.

Based on the level of testosterone ? the level of estrogen ?
Can this be diagnosed at birth ?
Sex is a choice unless it is rape.

"sexual birth"
! ! what the @*# is that ?

edit on 10/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

been an issue till he chose to subject/inform others to his
personal sex fantasies.

Sex fantasies? Are you perverted?

Gay is attraction to same gender. Period. It is a birth sexual orientation. It is how he was born.

The only "fantasy" this 17 year old kid has is receiving what he's worked for since he was 6 years old - - his Eagle Scout rank.

. . . the point is that the majority don't care so stop shoving in
our faces.

No one forced you to come into this thread shoving your viewpoint in their faces.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

it is a sexual birth orientation.

Based on the level of testosterone ? the level of estrogen ?
Can this be diagnosed at birth ?
Sex is a choice unless it is rape.

"sexual birth"
! ! what the @*# is that ?

Ignorant - - that's what I thought.

Science doesn't know why some people are Left handed either.

There are enough indicators in studies and science to know sexual orientation is part of early development of the fetus. The body is very complex.

Plus - - People can relay their personal experience from early ages - - both parent and subject.

Left hands can't do that.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Statistically speaking there is ample evidence that gay men are attracted to males. Am I wrong stating this?

And so, imagine a gay person (not too old to begin with) surrounded by a bunch of teenage boys. And I'm not saying this spells disaster, but it doesn't spell a good idea either. Look, I have gay friends and all, and some of them are parents, and I believe myself to be rather open minded, but still, I think you switched your critical thinking off.

As far as I know, you're using your common sense and critical thinking in an incorrect way.

I know what you're getting at, but you have to understand a man being homosexual doesn't make them more at risk of being a sex offender regardless of what it 'looks' like. Plenty of heterosexual males are same sex offenders and often with different desires from their heterosexuality. For example, a heterosexual man can be a gay pedophile. One is not an indicator of another.

Look, I understand what you're saying but it's using the same logic that says men shouldn't teach at schools for example, or that people with tattoos are dangerous.

Technically speaking, based on actual data, if this was really about the children's safety adult males would be removed from the boy scouts altogether and replaced with women. The statistical risk of a gay man touching your child at a boy scout meeting is probably lesser than an African American stealing a car. Are we stopping African Americans from joining the boy scouts just in case they teach your child some sweet car jacking techniques?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
I know what you're getting at, but you have to understand a man being homosexual doesn't make them more at risk of being a sex offender regardless of what it 'looks' like.

Great point. You have my respect. I'm grateful for meeting someone with a good brain on ATS and sadly it rarely happens. Thanks.

The statistical risk of a gay man touching your child at a boy scout meeting is probably lesser than an African American stealing a car.

I don't like either.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It is a birth sexual orientation.

Like the majority of people, I don't care
about other peoples sexual preferences;
What IS concerning is when children are mentioned, as "birth sexual orientation"
Now THAT IS perverted !
Leave the kids out of it.

edit on 10/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I don't waste my time with anyone who is still in the "IT'S A CHOICE" mindset.

Done - moved on.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Pinke
I know what you're getting at, but you have to understand a man being homosexual doesn't make them more at risk of being a sex offender regardless of what it 'looks' like.

A Pedophile is a Pedophile is a Pedophile - - - no matter the gender of the child.

A Pedophile commits a homosexual act (or heterosexual act).

A homosexual does not commit a Pedophile act.

A heterosexual does not commit a Pedophile act.

edit on 10-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't support what's called "gay rights" but I do support this kid. If he was good enough to join the scouts, do all the activities and be amongst everyone else, why in the heck shouldn't he be allowed to graduate into eagle scouts?

There may have been something I've missed, I'm not going to read all these replies. So if that's the case, my apologies in advance.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't waste my time with anyone who is still in the "IT'S A CHOICE" mindset.
Done - moved on.

Sex is a choice rape is not.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Man Sends His Eagle Medal to Shunned Gay Boy Scout

BY Lucas Grindley - October 11 2012

The Boy Scout who was refused an Eagle Medal because he dared to come out to friends and family as gay will be getting the awards — but not from the antigay organization.

The New York Daily News reports that Dr. Andrew Zerbinopolous saw the story of 17-year-old Ryan Andresen and sent him his Eagle Medal.

“If I can make him feel like he has some support out there, it’s worth it to me to send him a piece of metal,” said Zerbinopolous, according to First Coast News.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's wonderful!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sex is a choice rape is not.

What IS concerning is when children are mentioned, as "birth sexual orientation"
Now THAT IS perverted !

I'm not sure what you're talking about???? ... but I get the idea that it's hovering around the 'start a new thread or post in an existing one' area.

I don't think sex being a choice or rape not being a choice is anything to do with a gay person enrolled in the boy scouts. Correct me?

As for birth sexual orentation ... you're not born with puberty either, but it's pretty obvious a person is going to go through it 9.99999 times out of ten and a person's birth has some sort of influence over that event. I don't think that's a difficult thing to comprehend.

Side note: the person sending that medal is really nice! So awesome!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
DISCRIMINATION is no longer acceptable.

Ellen Gives Shunned Gay Boy Scout a Big Scholarship

BY Lucas Grindley - - October 12 2012

The Boy Scout who was refused his Eagle Medal because he came out as gay got some good news about his future during an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres' talk show.

“I cannot give you the pin,” DeGeneres told him Thursday. “But what I can do, I know you want to go to college… so Shutterfly is giving you a check for $20,000.”

Ryan Andresen is 17 and had been part of the Boy Scouts since age 6. In an online petition calling for the group to give her son the medal he earned, Andresen's mother has so far garnered about 400,000 signatures.

Eagle Scouts from around the country have sent him their own medals as a sign of support, with 170 medals on the way so far, he said. One Florida dentist named Andrew Zerbinopolous sent his, saying, “If I can make him feel like he has some support out there, it’s worth it to me to send him a piece of metal.”

The Boy Scouts has stuck to its policy of ejecting openly gay scouts and troop leaders despite public pressure, including Intel dropping its donations to any chapter that follows the national policy. However, UPS has said it will continue to donate and is being targeted by activist and Eagle Scout Zach Wahls in a petition calling for the funding to stop. The Human Rights Campaign has said it may consider penalizing companies in its annual equality rankings if they continue to donate to the Boy Scouts.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its absolutely despicable. I was a boy scout for a few years, and enjoyed it, yet not enough to go for eagle. Getting to Eagle is a big deal, and for someone who is obviously very passionate about it to not be able to acheive it because he's gay, is hippocracy at its finest. I honestly do not understand the whole anti-homosexual thing. It seems that these people actively think about it during the day. It has never been an issue for me, its mind boggling.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My soul I do swear, you homophobes get more and more idiotic with every thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join