It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
So you wouldnt mind your teenage boy around a flaming homo sexual scout leader.....? Surrrrreeeee....

You're projecting so hard I could use it as part of a power point presentation.

Statistically speaking there is no evidence that gay men are any more likely to 'like' children than straight men.

Often pedophiles aren't generally interested in people of mature age ergo aren't really 'homosexual' any more than a pedophile is 'heterosexual'. By your logic men shouldn't be allowed near children at all given it's the male part of the equation that delivers the statistical likelihood of improper conduct.

The short answer to your question is ... no, I don't care if a gay person is around teenagers any more than I assume my friend who owns bdsm toys is going to put on a whips and chains show in front of my relatives at the slightest inclination.

Edit: if you're going by common sense look up information / data on the issue to inform yourself?

edit on 9-10-2012 by Pinke because: Edit.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by detachedindividual

I wouldn't want a gay person supervising my children unless i know i could trust them, that goes for anybody... But if my son was in boyscouts and they had a supervisor that was more feminine than miss America than I have a problem.. Like my neighbors who have a gay male nanny with teenage boys... Its bizarre....But whatever.. Anyway, saying i dont trust gay people in general is incorrect, just to clear that up. Dont wanna keep gettin off topic so lets just accept the horse is dead n not keep kickin it. If this was my kid who was gay, I'd be pissed the **** off...

But - - you're OK with a man perceived to be heterosexual.

Attorney Fired From Pat Robertson's Legal Group for Relationships With Young Men

A senior attorney has been fired from the conservative American Center for Law and Justice for reportedly having multiple relationships with younger men.

Henderson is married with eight children.

www.advocate.com...

So you wouldnt mind your teenage boy around a flaming homo sexual scout leader.....? Surrrrreeeee....

Stereotype much?

NO - I wouldn't.

What? Is my teenage son going to catch "the gay"?

People are just people.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Statistically speaking there is no evidence that gay men are any more likely to 'like' children than straight men.

Often pedophiles aren't generally interested in people of mature age ergo aren't really 'homosexual' any more than a pedophile is 'heterosexual'. By your logic men shouldn't be allowed near children at all given it's the male part of the equation that delivers the statistical likelihood of improper conduct.

The short answer to your question is ... no, I don't care if a gay person is around teenagers any more than I assume my friend who owns bdsm toys is going to put on a whips and chains show in front of my relatives at the slightest inclination.

How am i projecting.... Your kinda twisting around what im saying to spew your "everybody's equal" nonsense...
Its pretty simple... I would not trust my teenage son in the woods, with a grown ass man who is a flaming homosexual and acted more like a female than a man. Would i express my convern? Probably not, unless he gave me a reason to. And dont act like their are no old gay pedophiles, I know one personally, and that POS is behind bars n is good as dead.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by detachedindividual

I wouldn't want a gay person supervising my children unless i know i could trust them, that goes for anybody... But if my son was in boyscouts and they had a supervisor that was more feminine than miss America than I have a problem.. Like my neighbors who have a gay male nanny with teenage boys... Its bizarre....But whatever.. Anyway, saying i dont trust gay people in general is incorrect, just to clear that up. Dont wanna keep gettin off topic so lets just accept the horse is dead n not keep kickin it. If this was my kid who was gay, I'd be pissed the **** off...

But - - you're OK with a man perceived to be heterosexual.

Attorney Fired From Pat Robertson's Legal Group for Relationships With Young Men

A senior attorney has been fired from the conservative American Center for Law and Justice for reportedly having multiple relationships with younger men.

Henderson is married with eight children.

www.advocate.com...

Stereotype much?

NO - I wouldn't.

What? Is my teenage son going to catch "the gay"?

People are just people.

Quit being naive

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And dont act like their are no old gay pedophiles, I know one personally, and that POS is behind bars n is good as dead.

That's what I thought. You lean towards homosexuals being pedophiles.

It is true that pedophiles try to position themselves in close proximity to children. But pedophiles are an orientation of their own. Their orientation is attraction to children. Non-consenting children are victims. (children by law can not give consent)

If a pedophile has sex with same gender - - - it is a pedophile committing a homosexual act. It is NOT a homosexual committing a pedophile act. If a pedophile commits an opposite gender sex act - - - it is NOT a heterosexual committing a pedophile act.

When the Catholic church started allowing girls to be "alter girls" - - - they were molested too. The reason so many boys were molested is Availability - - not gender.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All official organizations now that deal with children - - - require 2 adults to be present at all times.

As far as a Boy Scout on a camp out being molested by a gay Boy Scout his own age - - - Seriously? What teen gay male in a group of heterosexual males is going to do that?

edit on 9-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

How am i projecting....

Assuming that I would share your logic or opinion at all. That's projecting.

Your kinda twisting around what im saying to spew your "everybody's equal" nonsense...

Don't think you can dig up that many examples of that. I don't believe everyone is equal, but I don't believe scouts should receive government/tax payers aid and be involved in this type of politics.

And dont act like their are no old gay pedophiles, I know one personally, and that POS is behind bars n is good as dead.

Oh there are. There are also just as many heterosexual ones.

Please, look up some statistics and check for yourself if being 'flaming' makes you any more or less likely to attack a child.

Anyway, I doubt we're going to gain much from this discourse so have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

That's what I thought. You lean towards homosexuals being pedophiles.

It is true that pedophiles try to position themselves in close proximity to children. But pedophiles are an orientation of their own. Their orientation is attraction to children. Non-consenting children are victims. (children by law can not give consent)

If a pedophile has sex with same gender - - - it is a pedophile committing a homosexual act. It is NOT a homosexual committing a pedophile act. If a pedophile commits an opposite gender sex act - - - it is NOT a heterosexual committing a pedophile act.

When the Catholic church started allowing girls to be "alter girls" - - - they were molested too. The reason so many boys were molested is Availability - - not gender.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All official organizations now that deal with children - - - require 2 adults to be present at all times.

As far as a Boy Scout on a camp out being molested by a gay Boy Scout his own age - - - Seriously? What teen gay male in a group of heterosexual males is going to do that?

edit on 9-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Yeaaaaa I'm not talking about all of that, you guys read too far into this.... Im just saying.... If my teenage son was in boy scouts (for whatever reason) and his scout leader was a grown ass man who acted way too feminine... Then....

... For one, me as a parent would be concerned because a overly feminine man would not know how to deal with the average teenagers daily life and problems. Two, they would leave bad impressions and probably get made fun of and cry. Three, and final, y would any teen organization need to be lead by a grown, feminine, gay male...? It wouldn't. Nobody would have it. All i said earlier was i wouldn't trust a gay scout leader and people assume its all about some weird sexual thing....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yeaaaaa I'm not talking about all of that, you guys read too far into this.... Im just saying.... If my teenage son was in boy scouts (for whatever reason) and his scout leader was a grown ass man who acted way too feminine... Then....

... For one, me as a parent would be concerned because a overly feminine man would not know how to deal with the average teenagers daily life and problems. Two, they would leave bad impressions and probably get made fun of and cry. Three, and final, y would any teen organization need to be lead by a grown, feminine, gay male...? It wouldn't. Nobody would have it. All i said earlier was i wouldn't trust a gay scout leader and people assume its all about some weird sexual thing....

Ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Ridiculous.

Thought so..

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If it's a private orginization with pryor and advanced notice to certain rules that had to be adhered to and standards that were set to be admitted and to graduate and the person knowing tis still signs up then......that was up to him in the first place.

Maybe it's more complicated than that and he found out later and gave a lot of his time to the orginization and all. Who knows. But I still hope the best for him and for the Boy Scouts

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And I always thought that what you wear,
how you cut your hair, whether you wear lipstick,
having sex , was all a choice !
. . . actually I still do,
but, it seems that being subjected to sex fantasies,
infidelity by others is not a choice any more. (or so they think)

A gay guy had threatened me by stating he would find out who
my better half was and bugger him,
bulling and threats go both ways, gays are by no means innocent
angels who need more protection than anyone else.
lewd behavior is still lewd behavior.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

And I always thought that what you wear,
how you cut your hair, whether you wear lipstick,
having sex , was all a choice !
. . . actually I still do,
but, it seems that being subjected to sex fantasies,
infidelity by others is not a choice any more. (or so they think)

A gay guy had threatened me by stating he would find out who
my better half was and bugger him,
bulling and threats go both ways, gays are by no means innocent
angels who need more protection than anyone else.
lewd behavior is still lewd behavior.

People are People.

Should I judge you by the likes of a single person I've met?

Should I judge you by the boss who shoved me in a closet trying to convince me to have sex with him?

Are you telling me this 17 year old gay kid - - who past all the requirements for Eagle Scout - - committed public lewd behavior?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Are you telling me this 17 year old gay kid - - who past all the requirements for Eagle Scout - - committed public lewd behavior?

I don't think anyone cared, it would not have
been an issue till he chose to subject/inform others to his
personal sex fantasies. Majority of people don't care and
usually don't want to know the personal sex lives of others;
it becomes a problem when it is advertised.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Why assume he was advertising his sexual fantasies?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I don't think anyone cared, it would not have
personal sex fantasies.

Where did he say anything about sex? He didn't.

That would be the anti-gay ignorant fear based heteros.

The anti-gay ignorant fear based heteros - - - need to get their minds out of the gutter.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Why assume he was advertising his sexual fantasies?

He chose to reveal his sexual preferences, no assumption there.

ignorant fear based heteros.

Fear ?

I don't think anyone cared, period.
It would not have
personal sex fantasies.
. . . the point is that the majority don't care so stop shoving in
our faces.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

He chose to reveal his sexual preferences, no assumption there.

It is NOT a preference - - - it is a sexual birth orientation.

No one chooses to be homosexual.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Fear ?

I don't think anyone cared, period.
It would not have
personal sex fantasies.
. . . the point is that the majority don't care so stop shoving in
our faces.

No fear? No one cares?

Why the SECRET 11 panel?

Fundamentalists do fear gays. They seriously believe gays - - accepting gays is part of the Armageddon - - the End Times - - and God's wrath will come upon them if they allow gays equality.

Don't tell me it is not about fear. It absolutely is.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Statistically speaking there is ample evidence that gay men are attracted to males. Am I wrong stating this?

And so, imagine a gay person (not too old to begin with) surrounded by a bunch of teenage boys. And I'm not saying this spells disaster, but it doesn't spell a good idea either. Look, I have gay friends and all, and some of them are parents, and I believe myself to be rather open minded, but still, I think you switched your critical thinking off.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

... For one, me as a parent would be concerned because a overly feminine man would not know how to deal with the average teenagers daily life and problems.

Why are you talking about "feminine" men? I've seen those, too, but... I've also met a former US Marine who was gay to the bone, and he could make Arnold look like a "girly man" (to quote Arnold himself). That gay man was as masculine as any macho you are likely to see in your lifetime.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join