It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by roblot
Going by the "being gay is a choice" theory, we can easily look for evidence at those religious clinics that claim to revert a person back to heterosexuality.. but, of course, there is none.

It's like the scientology clinics for addicts that claimed they had a lower relapse rate than any other method, which is entirely BS.

I do not like that gay is a victim of desire/urges mentality that is created by saying gays have no choice. Any person have the choice to be exactly like they want/and change however they want as long as the follow the golden rule from my point of view. Homo, bi or hetro makes not difference for me but I do not like people limiting what a soul can do or not do. The soul is genderless so in reality everybody is having homosexuall sex anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Wow. This is simply....wow.

Ryan Andresen spent 12 years as a Boy Scout. Now that he's 17 and about to graduate from high school, he completed the final requirement to receive the Eagle Scout award, which signifies the highest rank in the organization.

Except, according to his mother, Karen, when he submitted the paperwork, the scoutmaster for Troop 212 in the San Francisco Bay Area told him he could not give him the Eagle Scout honor because Andresen is gay.

"It hurts me so much to watch Ryan suffer for being who he is, because to me, he's perfect," Karen wrote on the petition. "Ryan has worked for nearly 12 years to become an Eagle Scout, and nothing would make him more proud than earning that well-deserved distinction."

The Boy Scouts of America sent a statement to several news organizations, including ABC, in which they say they didn't inquire about Ryan's sexual orientation.

Source

My husband was an Eagle Scout, and he's told me how much work, effort, sacrifice, and time it takes to make it to that level. I can only imagine how this young man feels.

Since the Boy Scouts are legally allowed to exclude gays, maybe it's time we organize a new scouting club that accepts everyone. I have no idea how to go about starting something like that, but I think it's a good idea.

What say you, ATS?
edit on Sun Oct 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ! I went through Boy Scouts. Being GAY is not being MORALE. SORRY !
So you want to start up your own GAY SCOUTS organization ? You have that right. Good Luck with that.
Are you going to get PEDIPHILES to be LEADERS in your organization ? Pediphiles are not MORALE either.
Looks like a perfect match for your new organization. I guess the POLICE will have to keep tabs on them to make sure there isn't any funny stuff going on.

And how would you know your son is gay anyway? Cub scouts start at 7 yrs old and boy scouts go until 17 yrs old usually. That child wouldn't know if they are gay or not unless someone was pushing them to be gay.

That's just my take on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

So....did you even read the thread?

Equating homosexuals with pedophiles, huh. Love that logic.
because I'm sure there aren't any heterosexual pedophiles out there.

Your right, children don't know their sexuality. Which is the entire point of this thread. This young man was a member of this troop his entire life. He didn't recognize he was homosexual until he had already vested years and years.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Pathetic thread for a conspiracy and alternative news site, for God's sake.
Sorry.

Every time I come here one of these lesbian or gay threads is at the top, or Obama or Romney, wtf is this MSM part deux??

Good point. I bet I have an idea of what happened though. He probably had a gay scout master who had sex with him and made him gay too. bunch of sicko's running those troops. Like the catholic church and there alter boys.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I hope you are being facetious...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I could be wrong, but im thinking there must be more to this story. I was an eagle and member of the venture crew for years and seen not only gay men, but also women rise to the top. Im wondering if this is a troop specific event, and if so BOA needs to reprimand or remove this troop leader.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I never said i deserve more rights than a gay person, thats like saying i have more rights than a jewish person... Its no different than a religion in my book.... And no i dont talk to my gay friends about that stuff because they keep it to them self... I know three couples, who are married, they are affectionate in public and thats fine... But they dont throw it in peoples face, or get mad when people disagree, they dont give a ****.... Y would a teenage boy need to make it known to his boyscouts that he is gay....? Knowing he is gonna ruffle feathers.... You know they didn't ask him out of the blue.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
The government should completely distance itself from an organization that discriminates. Only then can we compare this and other incidents to a black man joining the KKK.

It's ironic to me that people who think that other groups of people should have less rights love the word "freedom".

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He should of just applied for a transfer to the Girl Scouts

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I know that is meant to be funny.

But he is not a girl.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by smyleegrl

They should be allowed to include whoever they want and exclude whoever they want. He could start his own boyscouts troop that has no restrictions or he can make an all homosexual troop if he wants as well.

I would really not want to force myself somewhere i am not wanted.

He joined when he was 6 years old.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Juggernog

I know that is meant to be funny.

But he is not a girl.

lol, yea I know im just being a smart ass
ill leave you guys alone now... luv ya annee

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
WOAH MEOW!

Let's remember the topic of the thread is:Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay.

It is NOT about attacking each other, being rude and otherwise violating the Terms & Conditions. If you cannot discuss the topic with some tact, than please recuse yourself.

Further violations will result in 72hr posting bans and a review of your account by staff.

No further warnings will be given.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

edit on 10/8/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

They couldn't have just figured it out...did they really lead him along for all those years, planning to stop him at the very top? Just giving him badge after badge, knowing that he wouldn't get the most important one when his moment to shine finally came?

I can't see it having happened any other way. This was a deliberate maneuver. This was mental and emotional abuse, of the highest degree. You may as well take a child into a candy shop, let them pick anything they want, and then tell them they can't have it because they're a brunette. Anyone else would go to jail for this.

Why isn't anything being done?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Annee

They couldn't have just figured it out...did they really lead him along for all those years, planning to stop him at the very top? Just giving him badge after badge, knowing that he wouldn't get the most important one when his moment to shine finally came?

I can't see it having happened any other way. This was a deliberate maneuver. This was mental and emotional abuse, of the highest degree. You may as well take a child into a candy shop, let them pick anything they want, and then tell them they can't have it because they're a brunette. Anyone else would go to jail for this.

Why isn't anything being done?

If the kid in the candy shop admitted he had severe diabetes as you where handing the candy over, wouldn't you change your mind...?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

If this guy in the Boy Scouts had admitted to being a psychopathic pedophile, then yes, I would agree with the decision to withhold the Eagle Badge. But he's not...he's just gay, which doesn't in any way impede a man's character.

There's a big difference between being gay in the Boy Scouts and being diabetic in a candy shop. If he had had any character flaws that would prove to be a hindrance, he never would have made it to Eagle Scout to begin with. There's nothing wrong with him.

Again, why isn't anything being done? A lawsuit, a formal complaint again the Boy Scouts, anything? Please tell me someone is taking action against this blatant case of discrimination.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Annee

Here's whats going on.

Local individual Troops often had gay scouts and gay parents involved. No problem.

There has been a push both internally and externally to allow gays into the boy scouts. The Girl Scouts already did away with this discrimination.

There are top board leaders in the BSA who support lifting the gay ban.

HOWEVER - - - just like "marriage equality" - - - the Fundamentalists are trying to control the BSA - - and stop gays - - just like they are trying to stop gays from marrying.

This current "official" decision was made by a SECRET PANEL of 11. No one knows who these 11 people are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why all of a sudden you are hearing about Gay Boy Scouts being kicked out.

The Fundamentalists - - - SECRET PANEL of 11 - - - are outwardly exercising their power to remove any and all gays that have slid by in a "Don't Ask - Don't Tell" fashion.

Plus gays no longer feel they should hide themselves via "Don't Ask - Don't Tell".

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Homosexuality is no worse than saying a curse word in the new covenant because they both damn you. You just have to realize this and fight to sin as little as possible, to be more like God and you will fail miserably, but God will see you trying. Without works Faith is Dead. You are not saved by works, but if you are saved you should feel the need to work toward / for God. Why wouldn't you?

You'll have to point to me where that scripture is, because i curse alot and i have never come across where using slang is a sin.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Is this kind of reasoning for real?

How do you know his fellow boy scouts didn't ask,,, are you one of those scouts?
13 to 17 years old,,,
I think they know what it means.
by that age,, many have girlfriends,, so it might just come up that Hey,, I have a crush on someone of the same sex, or I have a boyfriend,,, you don't think that could happen??
What decade are we In? Get real,, Kids these days Do Not have the problem with it as many did,, so I am sure there are many who realize,,, Like myself at a very young age,,, that we are different because we are attracted to the same sex.
Actually rather normal within statistical models I believe,, even if I think the number is higher.

Yes,, one of his friends could have asked,,
He told without any shame,,, as it seems he has very GOOD Parental Units.
( Love that term ,, from the Coneheads,,, finally got to use it)
and went forward to get his Eagle Scout Badge...

Did the Work.
Deserves the Reward, regardless of what Small minded people think, that is Just the AMERICAN WAY,,
If you do the Work,, you should get the reward,,,,

wasn't this the argument used by blacks and women when they sought equal pay for work done???

Do the work,, deserve the reward.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join